Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Baked Beans

10 posts in this topic

Is there any brand of baked beans that are safe? I would love some bbq baked beans!

Ads by Google:

Bush's Baked Beans are gluten-free, all varieties except their chili beans and chili magic.

YUM!

Thank you lonewolf. I looked, but couldn't find the original post. As you can tell, I'm new at this :rolleyes:

Bush's! They are the best out there

you can make them homemade, so much better..i make 3 pots all in one day and then freeze them..yum!!

Is there any brand of baked beans that are safe? I would love some bbq baked beans!

Anyone have a recipe for homemade gluten-free baked beans?

I keep the small pop-top cans of Van de Camp's baked beans in the pantry for emergency lunches or quickie solo dinners. Every once in awhile we declare a "fend for yourself" evening and Hubby and I grab whatever for dinner.

When I need a large amount (to bring a dish to a group lunch for instance) I'll get a large can of Van de Camp's, fry some bacon or sausage and onion, then add the beans, BBQ sauce and apple butter (maybe some tabasco or mustard if they need a zing). It makes the beans taste good without being gooey with sugar.

Beans are one thing I almost never do from scratch because there are so many good gluten-free brands out there. But always read the label.

(I can picture Celiacs in their sleep muttering "read label, read label, MUST read label :-)

I use the B&M vegetarian ones.