Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Coffeemate

5 posts in this topic

I am attempting to go dairy free again, and was wondering is Coffeemate dairy free? I just can't stand drinking tea with no milk - Coffeemate I can handle and I know it is gluten free, but is it dairy free?

Thanks!

Karen

Ads by Google:

Hi Karen,

Coffeemate is gluten free, but NOT dairy free. Mocha Mix is the only dairy free creamer found in most stores. It works for coffee if you are used to plain cream in the coffee. If you are used to the flavored creamers, there just isn't a good substitute. Sorry. :(

God bless,

Mariann

Silk makes a soymilk French Vanilla creamer that is dairy free. If you are used to that real creamy texture of the CoffeeMate creamers, you will probably find this quite thin and bland. You might try it and see if you can doctor it to your liking.

DK

You have to be careful with a lot of creamers. A lot are sort of dairy free but have a milk protein base. I believe Coffee Mate is casein based. The ones that are not dairy protein based tend not to taste anything like milk.

Have you ever tried rice milk? Actually tastes half decent in my opinion.

If honey in your tea doesn't do it for you (or trying a different type of tea - I don't particularly like black teas, but green teas and herbal teas I think are great plain or with honey or agave or, I suppose, stevia if you're sugar-free), I'd try the Silk.