This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Shocking Story #2

concerned-mom061

lindalee Enthusiast

Yea!!! Very Good News and prayers for others in these trying situations. :wub:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mommida Enthusiast

I am so happy to hear the good news!!! :D:D:D

You are still in my prayers as you and your family heal.

God bless you now and always.

L.

penguin Community Regular

Thank God, that's wonderful!

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
GREAT NEWS <<<<<

SHE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHe went to get her daughter..........

OUR PRAYERS WERE ANSWERED

Please hold that baby tight and continue to pray for our children....

CIndy

This is just fantastic news.

Cindy I'm still praying for you and that you will get the same news next month. Please don't forget to keep us posted.

hugs

judy in philly

AndreaB Contributor

That's great. Cindy ditto what everyone else has said.

I've been a lurker previously.

concerned-mom061 Rookie

Yes....it is wonderful news!!!! I am so excited! We were blessed...there is no doubt. God turned everything around! My baby is laying beside me asleep at home with her mommy where she belongs. I will continue to pray for all of you....as i know you all have done for me. I am fortunate for my separation from my daughter was very minimal compared to all the other stories I heard....but 1 month awahy from my baby girl was too long for me. If God could make it all work out for me..I know He will do the same for everyone else......especially you, Cindy. Just give God your complete faith, and do not doubt Him. Know in your heart that you will prevail...and do not make any preparations for what you will do if you do not win. Fight with all you have right now and never give up....but trust God!! Reas Ephesians 6:12-13. I kept reading it through court, and it helped me have strength!!

God Bless You All

Bree

lindalee Enthusiast
Yes....it is wonderful news!!!! I am so excited! We were blessed...there is no doubt. God turned everything around! My baby is laying beside me asleep at home with her mommy where she belongs. I will continue to pray for all of you....as i know you all have done for me. I am fortunate for my separation from my daughter was very minimal compared to all the other stories I heard....but 1 month awahy from my baby girl was too long for me. If God could make it all work out for me..I know He will do the same for everyone else......especially you, Cindy. Just give God your complete faith, and do not doubt Him. Know in your heart that you will prevail...and do not make any preparations for what you will do if you do not win. Fight with all you have right now and never give up....but trust God!! Reas Ephesians 6:12-13. I kept reading it through court, and it helped me have strength!!

God Bless You All

Bree

Yes Cindy, please keep the faith! I had a fight years ago about not wanting to have an unnecessary surgery for my son- one of the doctors actually called me because he doubted the lies. He took my side and things worked out. To this day I am so thankful for him and his integrity. I pray you will have an angel like I did.

So happy for you, Bree.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor

Thank you for the update Bree. That is truly inspirational. :)

Gcbec Newbie

Oh I have never lost my faith, I have grown in my Faith. I know my children are coming home and I think it will be soon. Bree came into my life at the right time she has given me even more hope. Especially since one of the reasons she won was the same expert I am using. I know this is in Gods hands and I have never doubted the return of my children. Although she was "lucky" to only been through this for 30 days, 1 minute without a child becasue of false accusations is to long, and should never have happened. I pray that the baby will now get the care she needs with celiac disease. God Bless YOu Bree, you inspired me.

CIndy

quote name='lindalee' date='Sep 1 2006, 11:17 PM' post='196598']

Yes Cindy, please keep the faith! I had a fight years ago about not wanting to have an unnecessary surgery for my son- one of the doctors actually called me because he doubted the lies. He took my side and things worked out. To this day I am so thankful for him and his integrity. I pray you will have an angel like I did.

So happy for you, Bree.

Guest Robbin

Thank God for some good news finally. I am still praying for you Cindy and I know you will be with your bablies soon too.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

So happy for you Bree and Cindy...with the same expert on your side and God as the pilot...I'm sure your children will be home too.

hugs

Judy

gfp Enthusiast

Yet another thread goes religious!

I don't suppose the lawyer and expert witness had anything to do with this?

Must have been god who was too busy crashing a plane so that he could miraculously save one suvivor when they took the child away?

I guess since its all down to god then sharing the information with other mothers in the same situation to help them is pointless.

concerned-mom061 Rookie

Must have been god who was too busy crashing a plane so that he could miraculously save one suvivor when they took the child away?

I guess since its all down to god then sharing the information with other mothers in the same situation to help them is pointless.

Well...I don't know where exactly you stand in this world, but I am a firm believer in God. I have the right to be so just as you have the right to not be. And when you get on here and tell your story about what has happened to you in your life, and you give your opinion as to why those things happened, I would never come behind you and make some smart remark about your beliefs.

I have given credit to the people who helped where the credit was due, but my belief is that God led those people to me and me to those people. You were sitting there in that court room yesterday and listening to all the evil things that were being said about me, with my hopes of being reunified w/my daughter constantly being crushed, as I had nothing and no one to really help me. The expert witness was not there in person, and he did not testify. It was only want he contributed to me that helped. My case is very unique, and very fortunate compared to most others...so yes, when I think about what happened, how it happened, and why it happened, and about how bad it could have been if I were not blessed with being in the presence of a good, honest judge.....I do give ALL the glory to GOD!!!

And there is nothing that anyone could ever say or do to change how I feel about God and His blessings!!

Guest nini

lol GFP, ever the friendly Athiest!

still, faith is important for a lot of people especially in trying situations like this, I'm not knocking anyone's faith...

Bree, I am so glad to hear of your news, I cried when I read your post. I am so happy that your baby is back home with you where she belongs, but saddened that this had to happen at all.

Cindy, I am continuing to hold that vision in my head of you welcoming your children home VERY SOON, I still believe that everything happens for a reason and maybe this reason is to get Celiac into the public's eye... I think publicity about these cases is so very very important to let people know what you and other families are going through. That these Dr.s are more willing to consider an extremely rare psychiatric disorder than to consider a (previously considered rare but proven to not be) condition that is simply controlled by diet.

concerned-mom061 Rookie

"You were sitting there in that court room yesterday and listening to all the evil things that were being said about me, with my hopes of being reunified w/my daughter constantly being crushed, as I had nothing and no one to really help me. "

I meant to say you were NOT there

eKatherine Rookie

My concern is when I see "calls to prayer" when there is appropriate action that could still be taken.

concerned-mom061 Rookie
My concern is when I see "calls to prayer" when there is appropriate action that could still be taken.

People can pray and still act! I did the things I could physically.....but I put my complete faith in God in the areas that I had no control over. I can't change what the drs. did against me or what they say about me in court......but I can trust that God will take care of it when the time is right.

What happened to me was terrible, and I would not wish it upon anyone.....but it did open my eyes to a lot of things. I can't help but to take the bad things in life, and try to see the good in them. Sometimes we have to get outside of the box to see things that we've missed before. I'm not meaning that by insituating that I did anything wrong...I mean it helped me see other things. I'd rather put my faith into someone or something, then find out it wasn't real......for what did I lose but maybe time......then to not believe and go my own way, then find out it was real...and I've lost something huge!!!

It's better to be positive, then to be negative....for negative will only bring you down and make you angry!

gfp Enthusiast

That is one area... IMHO the appropriate and dare I say "christian" attitude would be to help other moms who have to go through this trauma.

Say prayers, fine but don't exclude the fact that good lawyers, a decent legal system and actually being innocent also help.

There is a lot of practical advice concerned_mom can share which will both help out moms in this situation and hopefully prevent other moms from having to go through it.

Canadian Karen Community Regular

I don't see why there can't be both simutaneously....

Concerned Mom, I am joyfully happy at the result and hope the same for Cindy. I know if I were in your situation, I would be thanking God not only for guiding all those concerns into the right direction for a proper verdict, but also for the level of comfort He gave you during this trying time.

gfp, our resident athiest, these moms believe in God and as far as they are concerned, God did play a huge part in concerned mom's positive outcome. You don't believe in God, and we have always respected your right to be a non-believer, but please don't criticize and come down on someone who has just been through the wringer. They came here for support, not to be criticized for their beliefs.........

Karen

gfp Enthusiast
I don't see why there can't be both simutaneously....

Concerned Mom, I am joyfully happy at the result and hope the same for Cindy. I know if I were in your situation, I would be thanking God not only for guiding all those concerns into the right direction for a proper verdict, but also for the level of comfort He gave you during this trying time.

gfp, our resident athiest, these moms believe in God and as far as they are concerned, God did play a huge part in concerned mom's positive outcome. You don't believe in God, and we have always respected your right to be a non-believer, but please don't criticize and come down on someone who has just been through the wringer. They came here for support, not to be criticized for their beliefs.........

Karen

Karen, and the thing is many many people here did give support. Regardless of their own beleifs. One of my beleifs is you are innocent until proven guilty however not everyone on this thread supports that view.

God did play a huge part in concerned mom's positive outcome.

This still doesn't answer why when god choses to crash a plane and take the lives of 200 people and leave one survivor how the one person who say's its a miracle that god saved him or her affect the families of the other 200 people....

When this survivor goes on TV and says god saved them what are the familes of the 200 dead meant to think?

Do you really beleive it is phycologically helpful for them to be told god saved this one person through his mercy while little Johny got taken away for cheating in class and baby sue got taken away for wetting her nappies?

What exactly is the benefit to these people who's families and loved ones were not worth saving?

Back more on topic.... what is someone meant to think reading that god gave them their baby back if this mother god chose not to and this mother knows in her heart she was not harming the baby?

Is that really going to help them when they have followed the advice of some on this thread and abandoned doing anything to help themselves and put their faith in god?

What exactly are you going to tell them? That god works in myterious ways? That god must have a purpose for that baby?

ravenwoodglass Mentor

I am so happy for you. Give her a tickle for me and a hug.

CarlaB Enthusiast

C'mon Steve ... be nice. :) You freely speak here, let them, too!!

Say prayers, fine but don't exclude the fact that good lawyers, a decent legal system and actually being innocent also help.

Very true, too. I didn't see that the comment excluded this.

This still doesn't answer why when god choses to crash a plane and take the lives of 200 people

God didn't crash the plane, he allowed it to happen. We are all going to die, and with a belief in Heaven, it's not a bad thing. The man who lived may have not achieved his purpose ... or maybe it's the other 200 who were lucky, they got to die and be in Heaven, which is a place Christians are supposed to want to go ... the guy who is left should really be thinking about why he's still here!

I am very happy for you that you got your baby back!!! I'm also glad you found comfort in prayer.

Gcbec Newbie

Ok, Well I must say I am a little freaked out here. But I am going to step up and try to explain as best I can. Prior to my children being "abducted" I was a normal Catholic mom, my daughter made her communion last year and my kids were in religious classes. I was given many miracles in my life, the most important were my children. I was one that thanked God, but went about my daily life with not much else. I am not prejeduce in any way, I beleive everyone is entiteled to there own beleifs.

This all changed on JUne 10th, when I realized I could not fight this alone. I prayed to God for strength and prayed that God will help me find the answers. Yes I knew I was innocent, so did everyone around me so did GOD. I began to have more faith, and beleive, and pray, and at the same time I found the people that can help me. These people came into my life for a reason, God has a plan for me and Bree and all the families that go through hard times. I am searching and fighting everyday, and yes you are so right without my wonderful attorney, and the expert wittnesses and all the wonderful people that have helped me I would have nothing, but I also beleive without God and Prayers I would not have even made it this far. When this first happened I wanted to run out of the court room and hoped a Mack Truck would run me over. I wanted to lay in bed and never wake up, I had to take hold of myself and find answers. I cant figure out or waste my time with why this has happened, but take hold and know that if I can help one other family then that is what I will do.

I see your point about how people need the credit and I agree 100%, I Thank Everyone for everything they have done. But I also Beleive in THE POWER OF PRAYER and that has guided me to the right people. GFD as I have told you I think you are brilliant and I in no way meant to offend you or your beleifs. I hope you know I appreciate all the help you have provided to me.

Thanks everyone for the support

CIndy

gfp Enthusiast
I see your point about how people need the credit and I agree 100%, I Thank Everyone for everything they have done. But I also Beleive in THE POWER OF PRAYER and that has guided me to the right people. GFD as I have told you I think you are brilliant and I in no way meant to offend you or your beleifs. I hope you know I appreciate all the help you have provided to me.

Thanks everyone for the support

CIndy

Cindy...

I think its far more important to consider what a mom like yourself who knows she is not guilty who reads this thread would think if she submits to god and then the child is still taken away.

I'm sure prayer can be a great comfort for many but what I'm saying is consider how someone would feel if not only they find the legal process stinks (guilt till proven innocent) but that they are somehow being punished by god?

Its all in the wording.... if you believe prayer helps then fine but please don't make it seem like it is the deciding factor... I'm pleased for concerned_mom and I really hope things go well for you... but if people put all their support in prayer and it doesn't work what do they have left...

God didn't crash the plane, he allowed it to happen. We are all going to die, and with a belief in Heaven, it's not a bad thing. The man who lived may have not achieved his purpose ... or maybe it's the other 200 who were lucky, they got to die and be in Heaven, which is a place Christians are supposed to want to go ... the guy who is left should really be thinking about why he's still here!

Sorry but I doubt that is what is going through the minds of MOST of the parents and loved ones who died...

The survivor saying its a miracle god saved him is not going to help ....

If you want to see why then change the survivor to saying he survived "because Allah saved him...because he is a good muslim" or because "Shiva intervened ...because he was a pious Hindu"

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

First off, I am very happy that you won, and I wish the same for Cindy!

As far as the religion thing goes, I DO believe in God--but I don't believe that He crashed the plane, and I don't believe that He swung the outcome of the trial, any more than He would have "caused" the idiots in the system to remove your children from your care in the first place. They did that all on their own.

I believe that everything that happens is NOT predestined, but a result of our own actions, sometimes collectively, and sometimes individually.

I don't think prayer conflicts with this, though. The power of prayer has been well-documented. Nobody seems to know exactly HOW it works, but as long as it DOES work...

However, I totally understand and share gfp's frustration. There's a lot of inconsistency when people praise God when things go their way, but blame other people (not God) when things don't. Had the outcome of the trial been different, I don't think anybody would be saying, "God DIDN'T hear our prayers," or "God failed us."

Archived