Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Is Colgate Toothpaste Gluten-free?

9 posts in this topic

I called and she read the ingredients and told me it was, but I swear I got glutened!

Ads by Google:

As I said in my reply to your question about smells: Look for other intolerances. Colgate has mint flavour in it, which is extremely high in salicylates, and makes me ill. I brush my teeth with baking soda, because all tootpastes make me ill.

Check out the link in my signature on salicylates. It might be your answer.

Yes, Colgate Toothpaste is gluten-free.

As Ursula said, you may be reacting to another ingredient, or you were glutened by something else altogether. It's so hard sometimes to pinpoint the cause of a glutening.

I keep hearing about how gluten is in some health and beauty products, I have yet to find anything in my home with gluten. So what products do have it, or is the gluten hidden under some other name I'm not catching? :unsure: Thanks Julie

Some people are sensitive to floride, which is in most drinking water and some toothpaste.

I keep hearing about how gluten is in some health and beauty products, I have yet to find anything in my home with gluten. So what products do have it, or is the gluten hidden under some other name I'm not catching? :unsure: Thanks Julie

Jules, oat flour (avena sativa) is VERY common in makeup. Wheat protein is common in shampoos. I find wheat or oat in many lotions. Oat is in almost all Bath & Body Works brand lotions. Maybe you're just already using all the right stuff??? Don't forget to check your makeup, chap stick, etc...

Tailz, the link is in my signature. My signature is under all my posts, where it says: intolerant to salicylates, that's the link to follow, just click on that.

I have put some baking soda into an empty (washed) skin-creme container, and just dip my damp toothbrush into that. A little goes a long way, a lot would feel awfully salty (yuck).

Rinne, fluoride is poisonous to EVERYBODY, but I don't think anybody gets an immediate reaction to it (at least I have never heard of that).

Tailz, if Tom's of Maine has a strawberry toothpaste, forget it. ALL berries are out on a low salicylate diet. Really, there is NOTHING in a tube that doesn't have something you don't want in it. Trust me on that, I've tried finding a toothpaste I can use, and you might as well save the time and forget it.