8 replies to this topic

#1 tailz

tailz

New Community Member

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 05:24 PM

I called and she read the ingredients and told me it was, but I swear I got glutened!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Ursa Major

Ursa Major

My grandson Eli, 12 months

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 11:35 AM

As I said in my reply to your question about smells: Look for other intolerances. Colgate has mint flavour in it, which is extremely high in salicylates, and makes me ill. I brush my teeth with baking soda, because all tootpastes make me ill.

Check out the link in my signature on salicylates. It might be your answer.
I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 12:08 PM

Yes, Colgate Toothpaste is gluten-free.

As Ursula said, you may be reacting to another ingredient, or you were glutened by something else altogether. It's so hard sometimes to pinpoint the cause of a glutening.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#4 Guest_~jules~_*

Guest_~jules~_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:22 PM

I keep hearing about how gluten is in some health and beauty products, I have yet to find anything in my home with gluten. So what products do have it, or is the gluten hidden under some other name I'm not catching? :unsure: Thanks Julie

#5 rinne

rinne

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:39 PM

Some people are sensitive to floride, which is in most drinking water and some toothpaste.
A family with Celiac disease, two brothers and two sisters.

Lyme Disease, Diagnosis October 19, 2006

May 2006 - December 2008 Gluten and Dairy Free

December 2008, while seeing improvement on the gluten free diet, I did not recover and so in December of 2008 began the SCD and now have hope for recovery.

#6 Guhlia

Guhlia

Ah yes.... Happy New Year to all, Red Bridge style... LOL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:05 PM

I keep hearing about how gluten is in some health and beauty products, I have yet to find anything in my home with gluten. So what products do have it, or is the gluten hidden under some other name I'm not catching? :unsure: Thanks Julie

Jules, oat flour (avena sativa) is VERY common in makeup. Wheat protein is common in shampoos. I find wheat or oat in many lotions. Oat is in almost all Bath & Body Works brand lotions. Maybe you're just already using all the right stuff??? Don't forget to check your makeup, chap stick, etc...
~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

#7 Ursa Major

Ursa Major

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 09:26 PM

Tailz, the link is in my signature. My signature is under all my posts, where it says: intolerant to salicylates, that's the link to follow, just click on that.

I have put some baking soda into an empty (washed) skin-creme container, and just dip my damp toothbrush into that. A little goes a long way, a lot would feel awfully salty (yuck).

Rinne, fluoride is poisonous to EVERYBODY, but I don't think anybody gets an immediate reaction to it (at least I have never heard of that).
I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#8 Carriefaith

Carriefaith

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 09:30 PM

I use Colgate all the time :)
Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003
Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

#9 Ursa Major

Ursa Major

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 12:58 AM

Tailz, if Tom's of Maine has a strawberry toothpaste, forget it. ALL berries are out on a low salicylate diet. Really, there is NOTHING in a tube that doesn't have something you don't want in it. Trust me on that, I've tried finding a toothpaste I can use, and you might as well save the time and forget it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: