Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Cider Vinegar

7 posts in this topic

apple cider vinger? That is all I seem to be able to find. I am just not sure if it is the same. And what do I need to look for when buying vinegar?

Thanks!

Ads by Google:

Just don't but Malt vinegar, that is the only one that is not gluten-free and also wheat vinegar isn't gluten-free, but cider vineagr and apple cider vinegar are the same(i think)

thanks! I figured out what vinegar was ok, and I went shopping again today and all I saw was apple cidear vinegar, so that's what I got!!

What is your experience with balsamic? I had some Heinz balsamic vinegar on a salad the other day and then I read the Heinz gluten-free list and it wasn't on it. I had some tummy trouble and the vinegar was all I could figure it was (unless it was just the roughage from the greens). Anyone else tried it?

I've always been fine with all balsamic vinegars

Balsamic vinegar and distilled vinegar are ok. If it just says vinegar then wheat could have been used in the distillation process. That particular ingredient would have to be checked out.

Also be ware of Apple Cider FLAVORED Vinegar (Heinz has this and clearly makes the distinction on their gluten-free list as the flavored vinegar is NOT gluten-free)

Bridget