Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Home Wax Cotton Proofing

6 posts in this topic

I just finally got myself a spring/autumn jacket.

Its taken several years.... every time I think I'll buy a light cotton jacket I look at the price and decide I can get a nice leather one for the same price! Of course I have a lot of leather jackets now .... I gave 2 away in the last year so I'm down to 4.... however 90% of the time I end up wearing my waxed one because its waterproof (also drink spillage proof and everything else ....)

So I just bought a light cotton summer jacket.. kinda based on the military style...

I'm thinkiing of trying to proof it.... i do this with my leathers all the time, usually using a goose or seal (I know they're cute but heck does it keep water off) based oil.

I'm wondering, can I use the same wax or do I need a speciality one?

The jacket is really adsorbant cotton so I hope it will take wax easily... but I also see speciality products for cotton...

Obviously its a bit one shot.... its not exactly easy to get seal oil off once its on! Course I'll test it on an outa sight part but would be interested in experience on this.

Ads by Google:

honestly, don't have a clue! just didn't want to leave you hanging out here with no response...

honestly, don't have a clue! just didn't want to leave you hanging out here with no response...

LOL, thanks nini!

It does give a pshychological boost :D

Just another psychological boost I'm afraid!

I just finally got myself a spring/autumn jacket.

Its taken several years.... every time I think I'll buy a light cotton jacket I look at the price and decide I can get a nice leather one for the same price! Of course I have a lot of leather jackets now .... I gave 2 away in the last year so I'm down to 4.... however 90% of the time I end up wearing my waxed one because its waterproof (also drink spillage proof and everything else ....)

So I just bought a light cotton summer jacket.. kinda based on the military style...

I'm thinkiing of trying to proof it.... i do this with my leathers all the time, usually using a goose or seal (I know they're cute but heck does it keep water off) based oil.

I'm wondering, can I use the same wax or do I need a speciality one?

The jacket is really adsorbant cotton so I hope it will take wax easily... but I also see speciality products for cotton...

Obviously its a bit one shot.... its not exactly easy to get seal oil off once its on! Course I'll test it on an outa sight part but would be interested in experience on this.

HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT A CAN OF CAMP DRY OR SCOTCH GUARD?