#1 Lollie

Lollie

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 05:48 PM

I've got a question....

I have this horrible pain in my side that comes and goes. I'm not sick and I haven't had gluten. I am just curious if others get this same kind of thing. It's almost like my intestine has a kink in it or something. I guess I just wanted to see if others have any trouble with this, don't want to feel alone....

It's on my right side, under my ribs and hurts all the way into my back. I had my gall bladder removed almost 2 years ago. But it hurts in the same area.

Thanks,
Lollie
tests inconclusive, diet conclusive January 2006

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_Norah022_*

Guest_Norah022_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2006 - 05:51 PM

I've got a question....

I have this horrible pain in my side that comes and goes. I'm not sick and I haven't had gluten. I am just curious if others get this same kind of thing. It's almost like my intestine has a kink in it or something. I guess I just wanted to see if others have any trouble with this, don't want to feel alone....

It's on my right side, under my ribs and hurts all the way into my back. I had my gall bladder removed almost 2 years ago. But it hurts in the same area.

Thanks,
Lollie

I had my gallbladder removed almost 2 years ago as well and I still sometimes, not very frequently, get the same feeling of pain in the same area where I had it before my gallbladder...Have you ever been checked for gallstones stuck in the bile duct? They told me this could happen when I got really sick right after my surgery.

#3 Lollie

Lollie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 05:54 PM

I had my gallbladder removed almost 2 years ago as well and I still sometimes, not very frequently, get the same feeling of pain in the same area where I had it before my gallbladder...Have you ever been checked for gallstones stuck in the bile duct? They told me this could happen when I got really sick right after my surgery.

I am not feeling sick....Just pain. I had an MRI before surgery and there were no gallstones. Just gravel. How long does it take to properly heal? Does celiac hinder that healing?

Lollie

#4 jesscarmel

jesscarmel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:48 AM

I am not feeling sick....Just pain. I had an MRI before surgery and there were no gallstones. Just gravel. How long does it take to properly heal? Does celiac hinder that healing?

Lollie

sounds like gallbladder area to me. i was having those pains when i first went gluten free. i started a probiotic and it seemd to get bettee (not sure if thats why). have you tried a rolaid or something like that becaue if that helps then maybe its just indigestion??
hope you feel better!
jess
Diagnosed in March 2006 after being in the hospital due to pancreatitis due to undiagnosed celiac
years of being told i had IBS, taking numerous IBS medications (since the age of fifteen)

#5 Lollie

Lollie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:15 AM

sounds like gallbladder area to me. i was having those pains when i first went gluten free. i started a probiotic and it seemd to get bettee (not sure if thats why). have you tried a rolaid or something like that becaue if that helps then maybe its just indigestion??
hope you feel better!
jess

Well, I think what doesn't make sense is that I had my gall bladder out 2 years ago! It's not indegstion, I had lived with that for years. I've been gluten free for 9 months. It seems like it might be my intestines, knowing that they also are wrapped up in that area. I don't know. I had to sleep with the heating pad. My bowels have been a little backed up lately....I don't know, just throwing out ideas that I think it might be. I am very frustrated. I want to just be well. I am tired of trying to figure out what is wrong with me. Sorry didn't mean to start venting....

Lollie

#6 RiceGuy

RiceGuy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:45 AM

Well, this is probably not the cause in your case I guess, but for awhile I was having all sorts of pains. Recently I found out it was due to nightshades. It has taken weeks for things to get only partly cleared up too. I wish I had a definitive answer for you, but the relationship to the gallbladder seems pretty strong. Though I don't know what that could mean since yours was removed.
A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

#7 Judyin Philly

Judyin Philly

Moved to SO CA in November 2010

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:47 AM

Lollie
How are you feeling now?
Sent you an email last nite
I had a friend who had g/b surgery and they had to go back in to remove a stone that was stuck in bile duct but you said you didn't have any just gritt...are you sure there isn't one in there??
judy
Judy in Southern CA

#8 RiceGuy

RiceGuy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:48 AM

My bowels have been a little backed up lately....I don't know, just throwing out ideas that I think it might be.

Hmmm...the nightshades did that to me for sure...
A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

#9 Lollie

Lollie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:49 AM

Lollie
How are you feeling now?
Sent you an email last nite
I had a friend who had g/b surgery and they had to go back in to remove a stone that was stuck in bile duct but you said you didn't have any just gritt...are you sure there isn't one in there??
judy

Hi Judy, I got your e-mail. I just haven't felt very well. I am sure there wasn't any stones, they did a scan to make sure prior to the surgery, plus it's been so long, I am thinking that it would have given me trouble before now. I was able to finally go to the bathroom, today. I am thinking it has something to do with the liver... Which of course the gall bladder is related to. I don't know. I am just hoping to start feeling well again.

Thanks for the concern!

Lollie

#10 celiacgirls

celiacgirls

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:54 PM

I have this, too. I just had my gallbladder removed in May and I still have the same pain. I know there isn't a gallstone still there because they looked at the time of surgery. My GI doctor has ordered a gastric emptying study and did some blood tests but I haven't heard the results yet. I don't really think it is a gastric emptying problem from what I've read about that but I don't know what it could be.

I know this is no help. I just wanted you to know you're not the only one.
Karen

gluten free 4/06
casein free 7/06
DQ1, DQ8

Daughter (11) gluten free 5/06, casein free 6/06

Daughter (9) gluten free 3/06, casein free 7/06, soy free, trying peanut free
vegetarian
gluten lite on and off since 1999

All dx'ed by Enterolab

#11 judy05

judy05

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 09:23 PM

I have this, too. I just had my gallbladder removed in May and I still have the same pain. I know there isn't a gallstone still there because they looked at the time of surgery. My GI doctor has ordered a gastric emptying study and did some blood tests but I haven't heard the results yet. I don't really think it is a gastric emptying problem from what I've read about that but I don't know what it could be.

I know this is no help. I just wanted you to know you're not the only one.

I think what you are feeling is good old gas. For some reason my doctor said we have more than our share of air in our intestines. When I get this I usually take some Citracel tabs and it goes away. I've had my gallbladder studied every which way and it is functioning normally. Try thr fiber pills, they are gluten-free and I think it will bring you relief, it does for me, helps the constipation too.

The one resolution, which was in my mind long before it took the form of a resolution, is the key-note of my life. It is this,always to regard as mere impertinences of fate the handicaps which were placed on my life almost at the beginning. I resolved that they should not crush or dwarf my soul, but rather be made to blossom, like Aaron's rod, with flowers-Helen Keller

Judy- Gluten Intolerant

#12 celiacgirls

celiacgirls

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:31 AM

Thanks, Judy.
Karen

gluten free 4/06
casein free 7/06