Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Pain In My Side....

12 posts in this topic

I've got a question....

I have this horrible pain in my side that comes and goes. I'm not sick and I haven't had gluten. I am just curious if others get this same kind of thing. It's almost like my intestine has a kink in it or something. I guess I just wanted to see if others have any trouble with this, don't want to feel alone....

It's on my right side, under my ribs and hurts all the way into my back. I had my gall bladder removed almost 2 years ago. But it hurts in the same area.

Thanks,

Lollie

Ads by Google:
I've got a question....

I have this horrible pain in my side that comes and goes. I'm not sick and I haven't had gluten. I am just curious if others get this same kind of thing. It's almost like my intestine has a kink in it or something. I guess I just wanted to see if others have any trouble with this, don't want to feel alone....

It's on my right side, under my ribs and hurts all the way into my back. I had my gall bladder removed almost 2 years ago. But it hurts in the same area.

Thanks,

Lollie

I had my gallbladder removed almost 2 years ago as well and I still sometimes, not very frequently, get the same feeling of pain in the same area where I had it before my gallbladder...Have you ever been checked for gallstones stuck in the bile duct? They told me this could happen when I got really sick right after my surgery.

I had my gallbladder removed almost 2 years ago as well and I still sometimes, not very frequently, get the same feeling of pain in the same area where I had it before my gallbladder...Have you ever been checked for gallstones stuck in the bile duct? They told me this could happen when I got really sick right after my surgery.

I am not feeling sick....Just pain. I had an MRI before surgery and there were no gallstones. Just gravel. How long does it take to properly heal? Does celiac hinder that healing?

Lollie

I am not feeling sick....Just pain. I had an MRI before surgery and there were no gallstones. Just gravel. How long does it take to properly heal? Does celiac hinder that healing?

Lollie

sounds like gallbladder area to me. i was having those pains when i first went gluten free. i started a probiotic and it seemd to get bettee (not sure if thats why). have you tried a rolaid or something like that becaue if that helps then maybe its just indigestion??

hope you feel better!

jess

sounds like gallbladder area to me. i was having those pains when i first went gluten free. i started a probiotic and it seemd to get bettee (not sure if thats why). have you tried a rolaid or something like that becaue if that helps then maybe its just indigestion??

hope you feel better!

jess

Well, I think what doesn't make sense is that I had my gall bladder out 2 years ago! It's not indegstion, I had lived with that for years. I've been gluten free for 9 months. It seems like it might be my intestines, knowing that they also are wrapped up in that area. I don't know. I had to sleep with the heating pad. My bowels have been a little backed up lately....I don't know, just throwing out ideas that I think it might be. I am very frustrated. I want to just be well. I am tired of trying to figure out what is wrong with me. Sorry didn't mean to start venting....

Lollie

Well, this is probably not the cause in your case I guess, but for awhile I was having all sorts of pains. Recently I found out it was due to nightshades. It has taken weeks for things to get only partly cleared up too. I wish I had a definitive answer for you, but the relationship to the gallbladder seems pretty strong. Though I don't know what that could mean since yours was removed.

Lollie

How are you feeling now?

Sent you an email last nite

I had a friend who had g/b surgery and they had to go back in to remove a stone that was stuck in bile duct but you said you didn't have any just gritt...are you sure there isn't one in there??

judy

My bowels have been a little backed up lately....I don't know, just throwing out ideas that I think it might be.

Hmmm...the nightshades did that to me for sure...

Lollie

How are you feeling now?

Sent you an email last nite

I had a friend who had g/b surgery and they had to go back in to remove a stone that was stuck in bile duct but you said you didn't have any just gritt...are you sure there isn't one in there??

judy

Hi Judy, I got your e-mail. I just haven't felt very well. I am sure there wasn't any stones, they did a scan to make sure prior to the surgery, plus it's been so long, I am thinking that it would have given me trouble before now. I was able to finally go to the bathroom, today. I am thinking it has something to do with the liver... Which of course the gall bladder is related to. I don't know. I am just hoping to start feeling well again.

Thanks for the concern!

Lollie

I have this, too. I just had my gallbladder removed in May and I still have the same pain. I know there isn't a gallstone still there because they looked at the time of surgery. My GI doctor has ordered a gastric emptying study and did some blood tests but I haven't heard the results yet. I don't really think it is a gastric emptying problem from what I've read about that but I don't know what it could be.

I know this is no help. I just wanted you to know you're not the only one.

I have this, too. I just had my gallbladder removed in May and I still have the same pain. I know there isn't a gallstone still there because they looked at the time of surgery. My GI doctor has ordered a gastric emptying study and did some blood tests but I haven't heard the results yet. I don't really think it is a gastric emptying problem from what I've read about that but I don't know what it could be.

I know this is no help. I just wanted you to know you're not the only one.

I think what you are feeling is good old gas. For some reason my doctor said we have more than our share of air in our intestines. When I get this I usually take some Citracel tabs and it goes away. I've had my gallbladder studied every which way and it is functioning normally. Try thr fiber pills, they are gluten-free and I think it will bring you relief, it does for me, helps the constipation too.