No replies to this topic

#1 beccathorn

beccathorn

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 04:36 PM

Hi, I'm pregnant- 5 1/2 months. I am lactose intolerant and was dairy free for about a year and then started having similar symptoms this past Jan. I was told by a few people that I may have problems w/ wheat so I stopped eating wheat and gluten and felt 100 % better. I've since learned a lot about celiac disease and am sure I have it. At this point I'm trying to get tested thru Medicaid.

So, I was relatively gluten free for about 2 months before I conceived. And I feel great as long as I don't eat gluten. I'm taking gluten-free prenatals and was for 7 mos prior to conceiving. Would this have helped? I'm not gaining much weight, tho I was losing weight like crazy- 25 lbs before I conceived after going gluten-free. I'm afraid that the baby may not be getting all the nutrients she/ he needs. And I feel like it's effecting my ability to bond w/ this baby because I'm afraid of miscarrying.
What are some safe tests that I can take during pg to find out for sure? I've already taken a blood test which was negative since I had been gluten-free for 5 mos prior.

Thanks!

Becca

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: