2 replies to this topic

#1 XoHeatherxO

XoHeatherxO

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 07:08 PM

I ate Herr's salsa with rice last night and have been very very sick all day today....I was away at the beach with my mom for a few days, but only ate out once and had shrimp scampi and a baked potato, brought my own dressing at all, but I was totally well for those couple days and no skin reaction which I usually get immediately even before my GI syptoms, I ate Herr's salsa, it has vinegar and tomato paste but I really thought it was okay but I was wondering if anyone else ever had a reaction from this or any salsa and/or if it was probably something else, I am getting sicker and sicker each time I mess up since I have been gluten-free for longer and longer! Thanks in advance much love for this board <3
[SIZE=7]Heather Ann
"Life is not about finding yourself....it's about creating yourself"
*Silly Yak*

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 coin-op

coin-op

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 12:18 AM

your diet is out of control - if you want to eat store-bought salsa, which you shouldn't anyway, read ingredients, and cross check with the safe and forbidden lists on this site. Don't risk your health! It is easy to stay healthy on this diet.

-cass

#3 Alexolua

Alexolua

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 01:31 AM

Heather, best thing to do is call the company and speak to someone. The vinegar, I've heard, depending on how it's distilled could contain gluten. Could be wrong there. Could also be a cross-contamination issue too.

Gotta remember that unfortunately. Even if it looks safe, may not be. So ask the company if there is a chance of contamination. Ask if anything else is made on the same equipment, etc. If you don't feel like they are able to give a clear answer, then assume it's not safe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: