- - - - -

Weird Gall Bladder Removal Question

• Please log in to reply

13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Mtndog_*

Guest_Mtndog_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2006 - 12:08 PM

Only here could I ask this question!!!!!!!!

For all of you who've had your gall bladder removed via laproscopy, did you have any strange after effects with your belly button? I had it out mid-May and recently my belly button which is an innie, is acting like it wants to be an outtie and it's FREAKIN ME OUT! I am very skittish about my navel anyway but I feel like I can literally push my belly button back in.

Help!!!!!!!!!! I feel like there's an alien- it doesn't hurt but it is uncomfy!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 12:26 PM

Are you sure it's related to the gall bladder removal?

I ask bacause my husband has a herniated navel. It sounds like what you are describing.

His doctor told him that he should have it repaired, but that it wasn't urgent or serious. He's planning on doing it, but not right now.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#3 Guest_Mtndog_*

Guest_Mtndog_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2006 - 12:45 PM

Hmm... could be. My MIL asked the same question. Iit feels yucky!

#4 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:12 PM

Nope. My daughter and I both had our gall bladders removed laparoscopically, with no problems like what you are describing. My belly button scar is pinker and bubbly on one end, but it doesn't protrude.
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#5 pinkpei77

pinkpei77

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:59 PM

nope sorry! my scar is definetly pink and rubbery but not affecting my belly button at all.
hope you figure out whats wrong!!!
coleen

diagnosed 1/2005
gluten free since 1/2005

XVEGANX

#6 jaten

jaten

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 03:41 AM

I also had my gall-bladder removed mid-May by lap. No problems at all once I recovered from surgery and a couple of weeks for my system to adjust.

#7 Guest_Mtndog_*

Guest_Mtndog_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:27 PM

Hey jaten- it's me (Berneses) under a new name). Saw the doc yesterday. It is an umbilical hernia that I have to have repaired surgically. Yuck!

#8 pinkpei77

pinkpei77

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:52 PM

awww!! that stinks!!
hope everything goes well!
coleen

diagnosed 1/2005
gluten free since 1/2005

XVEGANX

#9 mouse

mouse

**armetta**

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:30 PM

Hi Beverly. Just talked to Lynne today and she told me about this. I guess I missed this thread. I am glad you are having this fixed. Do, they also do this by Laparoscopicaaaly? You are having this done soon - right? Hugs
"Throw yourself a pity-party and you'll be the only guest." - Earlene Fowler

Diag. Celiac Disease by positive blood test 2/03/2004
Allergies - corn, soy, casein, egg whites and wheat
Morphia Scleroderma
Osteoarthritis
Hypothyroid and Hperthyroid
Essential Tremors
Asthma
Migraines
Fibromyalgia - diag. in 1978 when they called it Fibrositis
PAD Peripheral Artery Disease
Angina and Atrial Fibrillation
Gluten Ataxia
Vitiligo
Scoliosis of the spine (caused by malabsorption and it is horribly painful) This would be enough reason for someone to go gluten free.
Ocular Myastenia Gravis

#10 jaten

jaten

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:50 PM

Hey jaten- it's me (Berneses) under a new name). Saw the doc yesterday. It is an umbilical hernia that I have to have repaired surgically. Yuck!

Hey Mtndog formerly Berneses! Wow, that stinks that you need another surgery! I thought of you when I read this post, and I thought....hmmm, just how many of us had mid-May gallbladderectomies.

Has living a gallbladderless life been as grand for you as for me? Sadly though the euphoria did subside....in my case probably terminated early due to some difficult doses of reality.

#11 Guest_Mtndog_*

Guest_Mtndog_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:39 PM

Hey Mtndog formerly Berneses! Wow, that stinks that you need another surgery! I thought of you when I read this post, and I thought....hmmm, just how many of us had mid-May gallbladderectomies.

Has living a gallbladderless life been as grand for you as for me? Sadly though the euphoria did subside....in my case probably terminated early due to some difficult doses of reality.

Ah yess...... some difficult doses of reality on this end too.

I can't get in to see the surgeon until October 2nd so I'm going to call my primary tomorrow and see if she can call the surgeon to get me in faster. It is a laprascopic procedure but I'm bummed that I have to have a surgery again. Oh well.

I've had a head cold and I look like an idiot as I have to put one hand on my tummy and one over my mouth every time I cough, sneeze and laugh. I feel like a demented Santa Claus. :P

I always wondered what was on the other side of your belly button, now I wish I didn't know. :ph34r: Good thing I got my nose pierced and not my navel. Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

#12 tiredofdoctors!!!

tiredofdoctors!!!

Will NOT let this disease diminish me!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:59 PM

Hey Beverly -- I had my belly button pierced with Ashley when she was 16. It was back when I was wearing a size 7 (I'm 6'1"). After having a 9lb 13 oz, then a 9lb 6oz baby, it was like piercing a doggoned shar-pei!!!!! I told the girl to pick a wrinkle! Unfortunately, she picked up SEVERAL, and I couldn't find a belly ring to fit it (and it got infected and stayed that way for 4 weeks) so I had to take it out. Started feeling faint, so Ashley had to take it the rest of the way out for me. She, however, started gagging!
Lynne

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try tomorrow".

"There's not a word yet, for old friends we've just met. Part Heaven, part space, or have I found my place? You can just visit, but I plan to stay, I'm going to go back there some day." Gonzo, in the Muppet Movie

#13 jaten

jaten

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 03:49 AM

I've had a head cold and I look like an idiot as I have to put one hand on my tummy and one over my mouth every time I cough, sneeze and laugh. I feel like a demented Santa Claus. :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Glad you've kept your sense of humor!

Hang in there....maybe umbilical hernia repairs cause euphoria too!!! :blink:

#14 Guest_Mtndog_*

Guest_Mtndog_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2006 - 04:33 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Glad you've kept your sense of humor!

Hang in there....maybe umbilical hernia repairs cause euphoria too!!! :blink:

I could use some euphoria right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynne- Darn girl, you are too funny! Imagine a pierced shar pei :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: