57 replies to this topic

#16 jenvan

jenvan

Lynne took this picture! :)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 05:09 AM

Ha ha...well, we did take some pics on Saturday :) Lynne-I'll e-mail what my mom took--you need to e-mail the one you took of me. Maybe I'll switch avatars too...
~~~~~~~
Jen
Indianapolis, IN

gluten-free since Feb 2005
dairy-free

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 mouse

mouse

**armetta**

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:08 AM

Thanks Jen for taking pics of Lynne. When I talked to her last night, she told me about the fabulous lunch you had and that your Mother is so nice. She had a great visit. She said she would put up one of the pics that your Mother took. I really envy the members that live so close to each other.
"Throw yourself a pity-party and you'll be the only guest." - Earlene Fowler

Diag. Celiac Disease by positive blood test 2/03/2004
Allergies - corn, soy, casein, egg whites and wheat
Morphia Scleroderma
Osteoarthritis
Hypothyroid and Hperthyroid
Essential Tremors
Asthma
Migraines
Fibromyalgia - diag. in 1978 when they called it Fibrositis
PAD Peripheral Artery Disease
Angina and Atrial Fibrillation
Gluten Ataxia
Vitiligo
Scoliosis of the spine (caused by malabsorption and it is horribly painful) This would be enough reason for someone to go gluten free.
Ocular Myastenia Gravis

#18 jenvan

jenvan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:02 AM

Thanks Jen for taking pics of Lynne. When I talked to her last night, she told me about the fabulous lunch you had and that your Mother is so nice. She had a great visit. She said she would put up one of the pics that your Mother took. I really envy the members that live so close to each other.

Yeah, it is a real blessing. We have several local groups in Indy, but I've also been able to get together with 3 people from the forum--always fun :)
~~~~~~~
Jen
Indianapolis, IN

dairy-free

#19 Guest_Mtndog_*

Guest_Mtndog_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2006 - 04:27 PM

I have a picture of wheelie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lynne- don't make me put it up!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Armetta- then all those compliments go to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a great pic of all three of you. Chris- you look so intellectual. I meant that in a good way! You must have had so MUCH fun!

#20 tiredofdoctors!!!

tiredofdoctors!!!

Will NOT let this disease diminish me!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:53 PM

Beverly -- that is NOT FAIR!!!!! You guys . . . . Jen will e-mail me the pictures, I WILL post one of them as my avatar. I am ALSO trying to get pics from Ashley's wedding from the friend of hers . . . . that way, you can actually see me with real make-up, my hair done (although it was VERY foo-foo -- and PUFFY) and dressed nicely!

Don't know what the interest is . . . I'm not anything spectacular. Kind of plain, overweight and not happy about it, but I am growing long luxurious blond hair (a goal since I was a kid). When I was little, I HAD blonde hair . . . . then it got darker and darker and darker. Then, what do you know? It got little white strands in it . . . and began to get lighter! So, I figured if it was going to get LIGHTER -- then it might as well be BLONDE lighter vs. SILVER lighter! Then, I really did myself in . . . I started growing it out so that I could wear it up for Ashley's wedding. Needless to say, Dave likes the long luxurious blonde hair!! (Although, he did think it was a little hot when I was a red-head!)

Talk to you guys soon, and maybe you'll SEE me (other than Jen & Armetta -- oh yeah, and Beverly with the picture).

You need to know . . . I tried to put my baby picture as my avatar, but it wouldn't re-size correctly. You didn't state AT WHAT AGE you wanted to see me!
Lynne

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try tomorrow".

"There's not a word yet, for old friends we've just met. Part Heaven, part space, or have I found my place? You can just visit, but I plan to stay, I'm going to go back there some day." Gonzo, in the Muppet Movie

#21 jenvan

jenvan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 04:36 AM

Don't let Lynne fool ya'll, she is very beautiful :)
~~~~~~~
Jen
Indianapolis, IN

dairy-free

#22 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 04:58 AM

That much we can tell--even without a picture :D

But still, get that picture up!!!! :lol:
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#23 CarlaB

CarlaB

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 05:37 AM

Yea, it's evident from the other Vegas pics, you just can't see it in this one since you can't see her.
gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

#24 mouse

mouse

**armetta**

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:37 AM

Yes she is beautiful -inside and outside. She is also in her very early 40's and looks like she is late 20's - how wonderful that is. Her skin is beautiful and youthful looking. Heck I could go on, but you get the idea and hopefully we all get a picture.

Morphia Scleroderma
Osteoarthritis
Essential Tremors
Asthma
Migraines
Gluten Ataxia
Vitiligo
Scoliosis of the spine (caused by malabsorption and it is horribly painful) This would be enough reason for someone to go gluten free.
Ocular Myastenia Gravis

#25 tiredofdoctors!!!

tiredofdoctors!!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:02 PM

Oh, the presha!!!!! I am NOT how they are describing!!! Trust me . . . they just like me because I'm goofy and make them laugh! As soon as I get Jen's pics, though, I WILL change my avatar! You guys are cracking me up!
Lynne

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try tomorrow".

"There's not a word yet, for old friends we've just met. Part Heaven, part space, or have I found my place? You can just visit, but I plan to stay, I'm going to go back there some day." Gonzo, in the Muppet Movie

#26 Guest_Mtndog_*

Guest_Mtndog_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2006 - 04:42 PM

Oh, the presha!!!!! I am NOT how they are describing!!! Trust me . . . they just like me because I'm goofy and make them laugh!

One word for you lady- BULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#27 mouse

mouse

**armetta**

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 06:04 PM

Lynne, I agree with Beverly - BULL ****!!

Jen, I love your photo. Lynne told me how young you are. I could not believe that so much wisdom comes from someone your age. I had been picturing you in your mid to late 30's. And here you are a very beautiful young woman, inside and out.

Morphia Scleroderma
Osteoarthritis
Essential Tremors
Asthma
Migraines
Gluten Ataxia
Vitiligo
Ocular Myastenia Gravis

#28 tiredofdoctors!!!

tiredofdoctors!!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:18 PM

Okay, guys, GUESS who took the picture that is Jen's new avatar????? YOURS TRULY!!!!!! Isn't she GORGEOUS? What a beautiful girl. And she just radiates goodness. She is such a GREAT person!
Lynne

#29 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:15 PM

Jen,

Beautiful photo of you. Lynne, great shot.

I posted earlier (I thought). Must have moved onto something else before it went through.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

#30 jenvan

jenvan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 05:21 AM

You guys spoil me--you're too sweet !!! My mom doesn't know it, but she takes full responsibility for the delay in Lynne's new avatar :) She is e-mailing the pics to me tonight!
~~~~~~~
Jen
Indianapolis, IN

dairy-free

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: