This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

How About New Jersey?

Mayflowers

Mayflowers Contributor

I'm recently diagnosed and I'm looking for friends in NJ :) I live in central Jersey, Metuchen, Edison area.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mythreesuns Contributor

I'm a Jersey girl!

I live in Burlington County, but I work in Trenton...not *too* far from Edison. I've shopped at the Whole Foods in Lawrenceville before. HUUUUGGGGEEEE store!

jerseyangel Proficient
I'm a Jersey girl!

I live in Burlington County, but I work in Trenton...not *too* far from Edison. I've shopped at the Whole Foods in Lawrenceville before. HUUUUGGGGEEEE store!

I live in Burlington County, too! I have been to the Whole Foods in L'ville--it is huge. I normally go to the one in Marlton--it's smaller, but they're doing renovations on it now.

I"m actually finding that everything I need I can get at Wegmans. A new one opened up in Mt Laurel a few months ago, and it's great! I even get my hair and skin care products there. I love their produce dept--lots of organic.

mythreesuns Contributor
I normally go to the one in Marlton--it's smaller, but they're doing renovations on it now.

I'll be there tonight! :D

I"m actually finding that everything I need I can get at Wegmans.

I've been there too, but have only found a small selection. I have a friend with celiac who offered to go there with me to show me where everything is, so I'm going to take her up on that.

I haven't been concerned about beauty products, mostly because I don't know what to look for! I've given up on that for now. Anyone know where there's a GOOD COMPREHENSIVE list of what's ok and what to avoid specifically in beauty products?

Lauren M Explorer

Yeah Jersey!

I'm living in Deptford right now. I see a nutrionist in Moorestown and always visit the Wegman's there, which is literally across the street! I swear, everytime I go to that Wegmans, I meet someone with Celiac and end up having a 20 minute conversation!

- Lauren

jerseyangel Proficient
Yeah Jersey!

I'm living in Deptford right now. I see a nutrionist in Moorestown and always visit the Wegman's there, which is literally across the street! I swear, everytime I go to that Wegmans, I meet someone with Celiac and end up having a 20 minute conversation!

- Lauren

Ha--My GI is right around the corner--on Midlantic Dr! My GP is down the street--where Main St. meets Marter Ave. I only live 15 minutes up Rte 295 from there. Small world :D

I'll be at Wegman's either tomorrow afternoon or Sunday. Have to get my organic bananas :lol:

BTW, my husband works in Moorestown :)

Mythreesuns--check out the "Natural Marketplace" section the next time you're at Wegman's. They have tons of things for us. I don't eat much processed foods, but I get my Spectrum Organic Shortening, Ener-g Potato Starch and my Zia and California Baby stuff there. They also carry Badger Balm--great lip products and the whole line is gluten-free!

Though I don't use them, I've seen Glutino, Bob's Red Mill, Pamelas, Gluten Free Pantry, Amy's, and many other brands there.

Lauren M Explorer

We should all get together sometime!

Or even better, you all can come eat at the Ouback in Deptford (where I work) and request me as your server and I will personally make sure your meal is prepared properly! Beware though, I will probably deliver your Chocolate Thunder to the table with a big bite out of it ;)

- Lauren

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mythreesuns Contributor
We should all get together sometime!

I'm in!!!

Prolly can't have the Chocolate Thunder, though....milk doesn't like me :(

debmidge Rising Star

Yes, Union NJ.

I know Edison/Metuchen/Woodbridge area somewhat. I sometimes go to Woodbridge Center or Menlo Park. I am trying to get Whole Foods to put a location in the Clark area as there are none in all of Union and Middlesex counties. Woodbridge/Edison would be too close to Wegman's.

Mayflowers Contributor
Yes, Union NJ.

I know Edison/Metuchen/Woodbridge area somewhat. I sometimes go to Woodbridge Center or Menlo Park. I am trying to get Whole Foods to put a location in the Clark area as there are none in all of Union and Middlesex counties. Woodbridge/Edison would be too close to Wegman's.

Isn't there a Whole Foods up there by Westfield? I went there one time. Now I go to the one in Princeton.

It's pretty close to Wild Oats.

I live by Menlo Park. I go to those malls all the time! Yeah! We should get together sometime. I like Outback.

debmidge Rising Star

Whole Foods is in Millburn

Trader Joe is in Westfield and it's a tiny store and I was not impressed.

• 1 month later...
bridgergirl13 Newbie

Hi everyone! I'm recently diagnosed and live in Yardley, PA (just across the Delaware from Trenton). I work in Middlesex County, though, so I frequent the Whole Foods on Rte 1 in L-ville. It's been a dream come true for me. My hematologist & GI are in Langhorne, PA. There's a great Italian restaurant in Yardley's Big Oak Shopping Center called Carlucchi's. They have many gluten-free choices on their menu and are willing to accomodate requests. If you're ever up this way, it's worth a stop.

ANyway, it's nice to know that I'm not alone. If you ever do plan a night at Outback, count me in. I've never been there, but now that I know they're celiac-friendly I really want to check them out!

Regards! :)

kevsmom Contributor

I live in Maryland wit my almost 18 year old son (who doesn't need me anymore - so you might as well say I live alone).

I have relatives that live in Hamilton, Ewing and Lawrenceville. I only get to visit them about once a year, but they take me all over the place to buy gluten free food. They take me to Wegman's, a small health food store that has a lot of gluten free stuff, and a farmer's market that has a gluten free store (The owner's wife has Celiac). This area of New Jersey as so much to offer us. :)

Between my relatives and you guys in NJ, you're making me wonder why I'm still here in MD by myself.

Cindy

P.S. Charlie Brown's has a gluten free menu!

• 6 months later...
Vince Newbie

I used to live in South Brunswick and my sister lives in East Windsor. Now I live in Florida and go to Quinnipiac in Connecticut. Mccaffreys sells bards tale beer in case anybody was interested and feel free to contact me, I'm always excited to meet new celiacs.

TinkerbellSwt Collaborator

Hi! just saw this post here, I live in central Jersey shore area. I know the Woodbridge area pretty well.. Woodbridge and Menlo Park malls.. I am always looking for something interesting and fun to do, I need to get AWAY from the shore area this time of year... getting trafficked up already!!! sheesh, it gets earlier and earlier every year.. think its starting at Easter now...lol

candi1008 Rookie
I'm recently diagnosed and I'm looking for friends in NJ :) I live in central Jersey, Metuchen, Edison area.

I live in Vineland, NJ. Was just diagnosed a week ago.

• 2 weeks later...
TinkerbellSwt Collaborator

AS for all you NJ celiacs do you know about the Celiac Picnic coming up in July? all celiacs and their families are welcome.. its in Turkey Swamp Park.. if anyone would like info on it, please PM me and let me know.. we get people from all over NJ to our pizza parties, our bbqs, our Portugese dinner.. its great! and so much fun.. you get to meet all kinds of people..

if anyone is interested....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jj2gether4eva

Hello, I live in Manalapan, NJ and recently was diagnosed with celiac disease. I am 25 and looking for people that I can relate to with this condition and are around my age. Please respond.

Guest jj2gether4eva
AS for all you NJ celiacs do you know about the Celiac Picnic coming up in July? all celiacs and their families are welcome.. its in Turkey Swamp Park.. if anyone would like info on it, please PM me and let me know.. we get people from all over NJ to our pizza parties, our bbqs, our Portugese dinner.. its great! and so much fun.. you get to meet all kinds of people..

Hi,

I heard about the picnic but I lost the number that was listed to RSVP. Do you have the information. Id like to go with my family. Thanks so much and Hope to see you there.

• 4 weeks later...
verdicries Newbie
Hello, I live in Manalapan, NJ and recently was diagnosed with celiac disease. I am 25 and looking for people that I can relate to with this condition and are around my age. Please respond.

HI! i'm 28, live in middletown...email me verdicries@comcast.net!

• 5 months later...
Karen228 Newbie

I am looking for celiacs in central new jersey. I live in the union county area. Would like to start up a support group locally. Anyone from the area?

Karen228

debmidge Rising Star
I am looking for celiacs in central new jersey. I live in the union county area. Would like to start up a support group locally. Anyone from the area?

Karen228

Karen, I would be interested I am in Union county...what part of Union County are you in? It's such a large county.....

Deb

skipaulie Newbie

Certainly I am a little late for your Celiacs Picnic as it is 1/3/08 now...however, I am curious if this is a yearly thing as my Wife has Celiacs and I am sure she would love to partacke in such an event as we also live in NJ.

njbeachbum Explorer
HI! i'm 28, live in middletown...email me verdicries@comcast.net!

hey guys.... i'm 30 and live in lakewood (and work in princeton). it's always nice to know people in the area dealing with the same stuff.

Joe

debmidge Rising Star

South Jersey has a great celiac support group...let me look for their info and post it for you all.

I am in north central jersey and there isn't one in Union County/Essex County area.

Archived