66 replies to this topic

#31 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,741 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:22 AM

I thought about taking a day off but then the kids really suffer so i feel bad. the weekends are hard for them so if i dont see them on monday they get upset :(

I had a feeling you might say that. :) Our children need more people like you and less like your 'freind'.

I am glad you made that call. It would have been one thing if it was an adult on adult prank but involving the child showed very poor judgement on this person's part. I hope everything goes well.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 gfp

gfp

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:39 AM

I had a feeling you might say that. :) Our children need more people like you and less like your 'freind'.

I am glad you made that call. It would have been one thing if it was an adult on adult prank but involving the child showed very poor judgement on this person's part. I hope everything goes well.

Yeah, I think you made the right decision too. I just provided the alternative as a option but the involvement of the kid is really inexcusable.
Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. (JC, De Bello Gallico Liber III/XVIII)

#33 Lymetoo

Lymetoo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 11:09 AM

Jess, I agree, this is awful on many levels. For therapists to tell a kid to do something that would make somebody sick is inexcusable. It teaches the child that it is okay to play dangerous tricks on people, to keep secrets, to bully others (because it is a form of bullying) and other things I can't think of right now.

I agree...bigtime. I'm a former teacher and that is SOOO unacceptable to TEACH a child to do something WRONG!!! That's CRAZY!!

-------------

what kind of dog?? :)
Negative biopsy for celiac 1980
Fibromyalgia 1980
IBS 1980
Interstitial Cystitis 1992
Systemic yeast
Diagnosed w/ Chronic Lyme Disease 2000
Diagnosed w/ Chronic babesia 2000
Tachycardia 2001
Asthma 2005
Have had Lyme and babesia for
about 48 yrs.

Began gluten-free July 19 '06
Native TEXAN living in Missouri

#34 Lymetoo

Lymetoo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 06:06 PM

I can not believe that someone like that is allowed to work with children. Frankly this person needs to lose their job IMHO. You definately need to let your supervisor know, but I would do it on Wed. after taking 2 days of sick time. I would report directly to the supervisor what made you sick when you call in Monday. Your 'freind' should cover your work for those two days.

I think that is a TREMENDOUS idea!
Fibromyalgia 1980
IBS 1980
Systemic yeast
Tachycardia 2001
Asthma 2005
about 48 yrs.

#35 debmidge

debmidge

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 05:25 AM

don't forget to document the date, time and names of individuals involved. You need to put it on paper like a time-line. Include their actions to your desk and describe how it affected you. How your space was violated, your health was attacked and how they used a child in their "prank."

They will either lose their jobs or be disciplined (if you are in a union). You should be protected under your state's "whistleblower" law and additionally this is harrassment on the part of the adults.

Additionally, these adults do not belong in this field as they obviously lack compassion and understanding, so if they are terminated it would be for the best for your organization.
Husband has Celiac Disease and
Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -
The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis
Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,
most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as
being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."
Serious Depressive state ensued
Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003
Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.
Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle
Developed neuropathy in 2005
Now has lymphadema 2006
It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

#36 jesscarmel

jesscarmel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 06:40 AM

I'm still planning on deal with this situation but im having a breakdown because we got out new puupy yestserday and now she is in the hospital possibly dying. she was vommiting when we picked her up, was told it was car sickness and she got worse through the day and now she is in critical condition. i really cant deal with this.....
Diagnosed in March 2006 after being in the hospital due to pancreatitis due to undiagnosed celiac
years of being told i had IBS, taking numerous IBS medications (since the age of fifteen)

#37 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 06:55 AM

{{{hugsJessCarmel}}}
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#38 Lymetoo

Lymetoo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 07:12 AM

OH my!! That is TERRIBLE!! I'm SOOOO sorry!!!
Fibromyalgia 1980
IBS 1980
Systemic yeast
Tachycardia 2001
Asthma 2005
about 48 yrs.

#39 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 07:28 AM

Oh Jess--That's terrible about your puppy :(

I'm sorry that you are having to deal with everything all at once. Try and breathe, and not think about tomorrow--just concentrate on getting through today.

Sending a hug to you :)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#40 Judyin Philly

Judyin Philly

Moved to SO CA in November 2010

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 07:53 AM

Ah Jess, this is just so sad.
I'm praying for you and your puppy.
Maybe he has Parvo?? sure hope not.
God Bless you sweetie, you sure got 'dumped on this week'
We love ya!!!! :( Please hang in there.
Judy in Philly
Judy in Southern CA

#41 jesscarmel

jesscarmel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 08:50 AM

Ah Jess, this is just so sad.
I'm praying for you and your puppy.
Maybe he has Parvo?? sure hope not.
God Bless you sweetie, you sure got 'dumped on this week'
We love ya!!!! :( Please hang in there.
Judy in Philly

sadly, she may have parvo. i just cant believe this. we got her yesterday and we are just in love with her. she didnt look well but when i called the vet she said she was just scared and it was from the car ride. they told me to give her pedialyte and rice whihc i did. then she just looked dead when she was sleeping and was unresponsive so we took her to the er. we just came back from viisting hours and she looks a bit better. she was walking aroudn teh cage but still very depressed and lethargic. i am praying so hard she lives and we can take her back. we did not expect to pay 2000 dollars for this, so that is a problem as well. thank you for your prayers.....
Diagnosed in March 2006 after being in the hospital due to pancreatitis due to undiagnosed celiac
years of being told i had IBS, taking numerous IBS medications (since the age of fifteen)

#42 CarlaB

CarlaB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 08:53 AM

sadly, she may have parvo. i just cant believe this. we got her yesterday and we are just in love with her. she didnt look well but when i called the vet she said she was just scared and it was from the car ride. they told me to give her pedialyte and rice whihc i did. then she just looked dead when she was sleeping and was unresponsive so we took her to the er. we just came back from viisting hours and she looks a bit better. she was walking aroudn teh cage but still very depressed and lethargic. i am praying so hard she lives and we can take her back. we did not expect to pay 2000 dollars for this, so that is a problem as well. thank you for your prayers.....

Where did you get the dog? Seems like they should be responsible for the vet bills!
gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

#43 Judyin Philly

Judyin Philly

Moved to SO CA in November 2010

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 10:38 AM

DITO CALA B.....HOPE NOT A PET SHOP :angry:
jUDY
Judy in Southern CA

#44 cmom

cmom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 11:34 AM

My mother-in-law got a Yorkie puppy from a breeder once. Within 2 weeks, it went blind, would not eat, and died. She called the breeder who tried to make excuses, etc. but finally had her come and get another puppy for free. The breeder knew, legally, she was responsible. :(

I should add that the new puppy was healthy and happy and is still with her.
Robin from Indiana

#45 penguin

penguin

Chelsea

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 06:11 AM

Huge hugs, Jess :(
Alright, don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy
We'll all float on, alright
Well we'll float on good news is on the way...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: