- - - - -

Upset About What Colleauge Did To Me!

• Please log in to reply

66 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_nini_*

Guest_nini_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2006 - 04:40 AM

Oh Jess, I am so sorry to hear about your puppy, I hope you get some peace about that soon and find another little bundle of fur to love. If she was already sick when you got her, I would think whoever you got her from would be responsible for the medical bills incurred. At least she knew she was loved at the end, poor thing.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#62 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,741 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 04:52 AM

i am feeling a bit better today. my parents disagree but my fiancee and i want to get another dog soon as we are in so much pain and can give a good home to tehse rescue dogs. so we are looking although the pain is still very fresh.

jess

Jess, I am glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. I agree that getting another dog is a good idea. I am also glad to hear you are looking for a dog who really needs someone. I was devestated a few years ago when we had to put down a dog who was healthy but bilaterally deaf and crazy. We fought it until he attacked my son. I was heartbroken but the vet told me repeatedly that I did the best thing for him. We went the next day to a shelter and found a lonely aged Westie who had been given up because his owner had gone in a nursing home. The shelter expected to put him down because he was 11 but he wasn't even there a day. He was being brought in at the same time my guy was being put down so he wasn't even there 24 hours. We had 5 wonderful years together. Somewhere out there is a dog who is waiting for you. You did all you could for the puppy and I am sure that you will be a great family for the dog who is going to be part of it.

I hope everything goes well at the meeting and I think I might still ask for a lock on that office door.

Wishing you best.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#63 NicoleAJ

NicoleAJ

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:10 PM

Jess,

I'm so sorry to hear about all of this, but you've done a commendable job at dealing with the difficult situation at work.

As far as the puppy is concerned, I'm sorry to hear about that as well. One word of advice--wait a little while before getting a new dog, and clean absolutely everything in the house with bleach. I adopted a dog from a pound that ended up showing symptoms of distemper within a day of coming home. After hundreds of dollars of vet bills and nearly a month of truly loving care, it was clear that he would not pull through, and we had to put him down. The vet had given me hope, since he was so young and vital, but we just couldn't watch him suffer. You did the right thing, but you don't want to bring a new puppy into an environment where another dog has been so sick, just as a precaution. Throw out all of the toys, collars, etc for the old puppy, scrub everything down and air everything out before exposing another puppy to germ infested areas. I got another rescue dog a week after the first dog died, and she started to get sick at first--luckily she ended up being just fine, but I was panicked in the mean time.

After you got sick from a child's germs on your keyboard, you don't want something similar to happen to your next family member.
Diagnosed July 2004

#64 Judyin Philly

Judyin Philly

Moved to SO CA in November 2010

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:20 PM

Jess I'm happy your dealing with your job in such a through and professional way...keep it up...
puppy..did the vet say if he had parvo? If he did, please ask the vet if it's true you need to wait at least 6 months before bringing a new puppy into the house..I might be wrong, but our friend went through this with parvo and that's what their vet told them Hated to write this but sure don't want to see you hurt again.
hugs
judy
Judy in Southern CA

#65 jesscarmel

jesscarmel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:40 AM

Jess I'm happy your dealing with your job in such a through and professional way...keep it up...
puppy..did the vet say if he had parvo? If he did, please ask the vet if it's true you need to wait at least 6 months before bringing a new puppy into the house..I might be wrong, but our friend went through this with parvo and that's what their vet told them Hated to write this but sure don't want to see you hurt again.
hugs
judy

hi judy
they said it wasnt parvo but an unknown illness. we are going to bleach the whole hosue and throw everything out....she had neuro problems too and was just a mess . thinking back she never looked right but i had never had a puppy before so i didnt know :( they said it was something they kept seeing in dogs from tennesee but didnt know what it was. sadie was from tennesee.
Diagnosed in March 2006 after being in the hospital due to pancreatitis due to undiagnosed celiac
years of being told i had IBS, taking numerous IBS medications (since the age of fifteen)

#66 Judyin Philly

Judyin Philly

Moved to SO CA in November 2010

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 10:24 AM

Dear Jess
I'm so thrilled it wasn't parvo.
didn't see the post above when i posted my advice to you.
Nicole really did a good job of telling you what to do.
If you do all this and still want a puppy i say GO FOR IT BABE!
I KNOW ALL THE BLEACH SCRUBBING WILL BE A PAIN.
I'd just follow the vet's advice and do what he says
Tenn puppy..and illness...where did you get the puppy from Tenn.????
Please keep us posted.
Hope the job is going ok too.
Bless your heart..what a week it was. :(
Hope the up coming weeks will bring you joy and peace & happiness :)
judy
Judy in Southern CA

#67 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:19 AM

I just found this thread....so sorry for your work difficulties and the time you are having now but even sadder abour your puppy. :( I got my beautiful old girl from the SPCA at 9 weeks and she is almost 12, and found my sweet Annie, ragged, dehydrated and abused, running for her life on a frontage road near the highway. They are my true joy...There are SO many dogs to love.....the right one will find you, and you will find the right one, and they are so grateful to be found. It is amazing how quickly we can become attached to these creatures, isn't it? wondering what this exotic disease from Tennessee is.....

glad you're doing better. Hugs.
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: