27 replies to this topic

#16 hellowillow

hellowillow

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:55 PM

Hi- I found this fabulous site as I was doing some research for a client of mine. I have family members who have Celiac....Both have used slimfast with no reaction....but have to say as far as loosing weight goes...I work with a company that has a product called "Going Going Gone" -supplements are gluten-free and really work to take off the lbs...my family members are soooo happy about it!
Here is a link to their ingredient list: http://www.arbonnema...1857_us_eng.pdf
You can email me if you have any questions.
hellowillow@gmail.com
:)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Mcommons76

Mcommons76

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:19 AM

I am gluten free because it helps with my IBS-C problems and I too sometimes have a hard time finding a quick bite when there is little time to prepare anything. I was hoping Slim Fast would be an option. Here's what is posted on their website:

Question: Is Slim·Fast gluten free? I have Celiac Sprue and want to use the powder shakes.
Answer:

As you are aware, having the condition Celiac Sprue prevents you from eating such grains as wheat, rye, barley and oats. We do not guarantee that any Slim·Fast product is Gluten-Free. All of our powder shakes clearly state that there may be traces of wheat in them. As for our other products, the ingredients we purchase could potentially be cross-contaminated with wheat or another common dry ingredient you are sensitive to also. A small amount of gluten is potentially present in Slim-Fast from the fiber source. And, ingredients change often, based upon availability. For these reasons, we cannot say that Slim·Fast is gluten-free.

http://www.slim-fast...categories.aspx

#18 rtwaite

rtwaite

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:27 AM

check out my info on another ready to drink shake that is claiming to be "absolutely gluten free" called Mix 1. Link to my mix1 thread

#19 1morething

1morething

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 04:32 PM

Here in Canada, the slim-fast optima say in the ingredients "may contain Wheat". I use the Glucerna shakes for diabetics, they have a slow releasing carb which is better for you. And they are gluten free!! It's a good alternative when you have nothing gluten free on hand to eat.

Rachel
Diagnosed by blood test and biopsy
Gluten Free since Nov.13 2008

#20 mef

mef

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:00 PM

The EAS body for life shakes (not the metabolife ones) are my heroes.

I called them and they are gluten-free. They do contain soy, though. About 110 calories and lots of protein.

Vanilla + banana+ ice=great smoothie

#21 Happy Holly

Happy Holly

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:04 AM

Here is their web site: http://www.slim-fast...t/question.aspx
I would ask their registered dietitians if their products are gluten free.

I have searched and searched and am unable to find out if Slim Fast is Gluten Free?

Of course, I am one of the many people that are overweight and have Celiacs, I excercise everyday, eat good and I still couldn't lose a pound if my life depended on it.

#22 Ames

Ames

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:47 AM

I just checked their website @ http://www.slim-fast...categories.aspx and it says:

Question: Is Slim·Fast gluten free? I have Celiac Sprue and want to use the powder shakes.
Answer:

As you are aware, having the condition Celiac Sprue prevents you from eating such grains as wheat, rye, barley and oats. We do not guarantee that any Slim·Fast product is Gluten-Free. All of our powder shakes clearly state that there may be traces of wheat in them. As for our other products, the ingredients we purchase could potentially be cross-contaminated with wheat or another common dry ingredient you are sensitive to also. A small amount of gluten is potentially present in Slim-Fast from the fiber source. And, ingredients change often, based upon availability. For these reasons, we cannot say that Slim·Fast is gluten-free.

#23 mamaw

mamaw

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:26 AM

Does anyone have links to slim fast & liver damage? I'm trying to convimce someone tha tslim fast causes liver problems. I need medical info so maybe it will make them stop & they are also giving it to their children. It's scary!

thanks

#24 kdonov2

kdonov2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:36 PM

i noticed that when i had a strawberry slim fast in the morning, i became extremely gassey and bloated. now, it might be coincidence, but those symptoms are usually my main problems when it comes to consuming gluten. i would be careful.

#25 Karlyhart10

Karlyhart10

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:51 PM

I have been using the easy to digest ones and have had no problems. Then, my store stopped selling that kind, so I checked the regular ones for ingredients. I didn't find anything bad, so I starting drinking it. Bad. I am miserable.

#26 ginydelr

ginydelr

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 06:50 AM

Slim fast "is not guaranteed to be gluetn free" check out this recent post in the slim fast site by their dietician: http://www.slim-fast...64/t/12872.aspx
a great gluten free nutritional supplement is ensure. the chocolate flavor is great.

#27 kostastina

kostastina

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

I have searched and searched and am unable to find out if Slim Fast is Gluten Free?

Of course, I am one of the many people that are overweight and have Celiacs, I excercise everyday, eat good and I still couldn't lose a pound if my life depended on it.

If it doesnot say it on the front label it's not gluten free

#28 kareng

kareng

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

If it doesnot say it on the front label it's not gluten free

You are replying to a 3 year old thread. Ingredients may have changed. Not everything that is gluten-free says " gluten-free" on it. If you only eat things labelled gluten-free, you are missing a lot of fruits, veggies, rice, meats, etc.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

You better cut the pizza in four pieces, because I'm not hungry enough to eat six. ~Yogi Berra

smiley-eating-pizza-slice-emoticon.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: