5 replies to this topic

#1 tailz

tailz

New Community Member

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:15 AM

I'm blood-allergic to eggs. Does that mean BOTH egg whites and egg yolks, or just egg whites? I was only tested for egg whites and I'm tempted to boil the 2 dozen I bought at the store before I had the results.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 sspitzer5

sspitzer5

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:43 AM

I'm blood-allergic to eggs. Does that mean BOTH egg whites and egg yolks, or just egg whites? I was only tested for egg whites and I'm tempted to boil the 2 dozen I bought at the store before I had the results.

My food intolerance test had results for both egg whites and egg yolks. I react to both, but egg whites are more of a reaction. Sorry, I can't really answer your question. I guess you can try eating yolks to see what happens.

S

#3 ms_sillyak_screwed

ms_sillyak_screwed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 05:51 PM

-

#4 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:21 PM

Well for a min, assume you can eat just thte whites, or just the yolks... how are yo9u gonna seperate them? There is no way to do it with out some contimantion, so even if you could... theres no way to get there. :(

My son tested postive to Egg to . :( Im finding egg to be ALOT harder then gluten....

- Vincent -

#5 ArtGirl

ArtGirl

Winter Forest - watercolor

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:32 PM

No eggs for me, either. I agree with Vincent - how would you completely separate the two parts of the egg.???

Avoiding egg isn't too hard, but it IS hard to make good gluten-free bread without eggs.

But, the hardest yet for me is avoiding corn and corn derivatives.
Valda
Enterolab results: ...two genes for gluten intolerance ...casein intolerance
other sensitivities: corn, eggs, soy, potato, tapioca
Hypoglycemic
Sensitivity to high EMFs [electromagnetic frequency] (limits my time in front of the computer)
Living a healthier, happier life.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.Psalm 139: 9,10

#6 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:05 AM

I am allergic to eggs, so I don't even mess with which part. Baking is hard, but it can be done. I use ground flax, gelatin, and extra baking soda/powder for substitutes.
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: