• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 05:01 AM

Leah--Deep fried Coke--really? :lol:

Would I lie to you?

http://www.wftv.com/...814/detail.html

Sad but true.

Now, I do have to admit, I love fried jalapenos! They're not exactly healthy either.
The Queen of Hearts,
She made some tarts
All on a summer's day.
The Knave of Hearts,
He stole the tarts
And took them clean away.

Diagnosed at age 49 by biopsy 31 May 2006

Learning how to bake those tarts gluten-free!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 05:36 AM

Would I lie to you?

http://www.wftv.com/...814/detail.html

Sad but true.

Now, I do have to admit, I love fried jalapenos! They're not exactly healthy either.

After seeing how he makes it, I probably would have tried it--once upon a time. Sounds like something that would taste good for the first couple of bites, then get sickish.

One of my favorite appitizers used to be Olive Garden deep fried zucchini slices--they dust them with grated cheese--so good!
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#33 penguin

penguin

Chelsea

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 05:53 AM

Then how on earth do you deep fry it? :blink: :huh: :D :D

Pauliina

Anything that can be battered can be deep fried :rolleyes:

In the UK you can get snickers and mars bar in batter deep fried
Yum-NOT :o :o

Oh I feel queasy :unsure:

It's a southern delicacy down here too - blech! :P

State fair food is evil.

"The challenge is getting people to think of other ways to eat beef," said Betty Hogan, director of new product development for the [National Cattlemen's Beef Association].
Regular cheeseburgers aren't fatty enough!!???

Also there's somebody at the Texas State Fair that makes "Fried Coke"...

I think I saw those things on unwrapped and said "EWW"
And then I saw them in my sister's freezer. What on Earth is wrong with people? :huh:

Oh, and when I got to college (I moved from NY to AR), I ate at the dining halls. I joked to everyone nothern that they fry everything but the coke!

Before being diagnosed, we had all that deep-fried garbage at our State Fair. Deep fried snickers bars, twinkies, etc. Never tried them, because it just sounded WRONG!!!!! Also thought that it had to be a Kentucky redneck thing . . . . !!!!! :lol: Didn't know that it would be anywhere else . . . We have a restaurant that sells deep-fried pickle chips . . . called "frickled pickles"

Need to go . . . . moment of silence is getting ready to begin

Apparently fried twinkies are quite the thing at A&M. Gross.

And I loooooove fried pickles, sadly. It was the only thing I'd eat at AQ Chicken House!

Hmm...I should try frying some one day. :)
Alright, don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy
We'll all float on, alright
Well we'll float on good news is on the way...

#34 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:17 AM

State fair food is evil.

:lol: :lol: :lol: so true...

Hi everybody! Been keeping a low profile here....

Fried pickles.....I REALLY don't get that one at all. Deep fried anything.....so disgusting. I was in the waiting room of the hospital the other day, and there was a family from Holland there, six people, here for three weeks, we chatted a while and they were shocked at the lack of physical activity here.....said something about the option of staying in their rented RV in a church parking lot, less than a mile away. They were astounded that the social worker gave them a phone number for someone to come pick them up.....they said, doesn't anybody WALK here? (nope, no one does, but it's a very spread-out town.) And they commented very delicately on the obesity they've seen in this country.....they were appalled.

I'm pretty sure they don't deep-fry everything in Europe as we do here.....it is truly evil! :blink:

Leah - fried coke batter......EWWWWWWWW - - positively vomitous!
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

#35 aikiducky

aikiducky

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:29 AM

I was in the waiting room of the hospital the other day, and there was a family from Holland there, six people, here for three weeks, we chatted a while and they were shocked at the lack of physical activity here.....

It would be even more noticeable for someone from Holland. :D Since this is such a flat country, and very densely built, meaning in towns distances are very manageable, everybody bikes to places. People might drive to work, or take a train (also very common) but then they might bike to the shops or to the train station or just for fun in the weekend. Or indeed just walk... it's a national pastime apparently (I'm not Dutch!) to take a train to some remote place and then follow a route description you can buy at a tourist office around a nice countryside route either back to the same station or to another one.

I had a couple of visitors from the US once, they were amazed at the masses and masses of bikes that are parked outside of Amsterdam central station. Instead of a car park building, there's a three story structure to park your bike... :blink: :D Here in Utrecht their planning to rebuild the station and one of the important planning decisions to make is for how many bikes can they provide space for. :D

Ok, so it's not my native country, but I think this is something the Dutch well deserve to be proud of. :)

Pauliina

#36 tiredofdoctors!!!

tiredofdoctors!!!

Will NOT let this disease diminish me!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:12 PM

Got to thinking about it, though . . . . State fair food? Funnel Cakes -- they're really BAD for you, but boy are they delicious! :lol:
Lynne

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try tomorrow".

"There's not a word yet, for old friends we've just met. Part Heaven, part space, or have I found my place? You can just visit, but I plan to stay, I'm going to go back there some day." Gonzo, in the Muppet Movie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: