#1 clay4me

clay4me

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 06:29 PM

[size=2]
I tried the gluten-free diet and did not do well,was bored with eating. My candida issues was off the charts and even tho my DH got better I was still in a fog and still ill with everything, allergic to everything. :angry:

An alternative MD gave me the book "Breaking the Vicious Cyle" by Elaine Gottschall.
I have been on this way of eating for almost 2 years and have healed my gut and am doing so much better. I enjoy eating now and have not strayed. I can eat this way for the rest of my life. :D

The web sites that have helped me www.austinscdfriends.com
www.BTVC.com and www.pecanbread.com
www.scdrecipe.com

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Ursa Major

Ursa Major

My grandson Eli, 12 months

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 07:40 PM

There is an scd support group thread here, which you'll find when following this link:
http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=5437&hl=

I am glad the scd diet has helped you so much, and hope you'll continue to do well. My diet is similar, but even more restricted.
I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: