Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Casein Reaction Or Glutening?

3 posts in this topic

I feel really poorly :( Sunday afternoon, I had a hypoglycemic attack (I haven't been diagnosed, but I know that's what it was), then all Sunday night I had a headache. I woke up yesterday with a bad stomach, D, brain fog, exhaustion. In the afternoon I felt a bit better. This morning, I woke up really achey, feel exhausted and the brain fog's still there a bit. Feeling quite emotional too.

Thing is though, I didn't have any gluten over the weekend (I made everything we ate) so I could only have got sick from cc or some other intolerance.

I have mostly been dairy free, simply bacause dairy tends to bloat me up and is too fatty for me. On Saturday however, I ate loads of regular (gluten-free) chocolate. the excuse being we had visitors! I've never reacted to dairy like that before, so don't know if it's cc or if it could be a casein problem.

Do others react to casein like that?

i want to be able to figure it out, as I do have a little dairy from time to time, as at the weekend if we've got visitors and buy cream etc. I figure, I'll have a bit of vbloating and then be fine. But if this is how I'm going to react to casein, I don't want to go there ever again!

If I do the enterolab testing, do I need to be eating dairy for a sensitivity to show?

Thanks!

Susie

Ads by Google:

If you have been having small amounts of dairy here and there, and never had a massive reaction like this, I'd guess cc is more likely?

My casein symptoms are pretty much the same as gluten.

The easiest way to test casein is give it up completely for a while, then eat some. Trust me, you'll know!

Pauliina

My casein reactions are the same as gluten. I get that hypoglycemic thing, too. <_< It's a good idea to see what you're dietary response is, or you can do Enterolab's test even if you're off it, at least that's the way it is for gluten.