21 replies to this topic

#16 tiredofdoctors!!!

tiredofdoctors!!!

Will NOT let this disease diminish me!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:05 PM

The power of prayer is an amazing thing . . . consider me on the prayer list -- may your family be blessed with the healing of your son.
Lynne

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try tomorrow".

"There's not a word yet, for old friends we've just met. Part Heaven, part space, or have I found my place? You can just visit, but I plan to stay, I'm going to go back there some day." Gonzo, in the Muppet Movie

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 TinkerbellSwt

TinkerbellSwt

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:39 AM

OK.. we are back from the doctors. Took a long time. The cardiologist said he is fine. The dialated aorta is still there, but on the Z scale ( um not quite sure what that is ) Colin is at a 3. A dangerous level is a 6 or more. He has been hanging on a 3 for a while now.

He had a rough time with the ultrasound. He was great in the beginning. Just watching the tech and seeing the screen, watching his heart beat. Then all of a sudden he started to cry out, such a heart wrenching cry, I almost started to cry. I just wanted to pick him up and comfort him. I am sure all you mothers out there know how I felt. Even though there is no pain in the procedure. He was scared and it ripped me to shreds.

But its all over. We dont have to go back to the cardiologist for 6 months this time! The first time was 3 months, the second 4 months, now 6!! moving right along!

Fiddle- I dont know how you did it with your child. I give you such great credit for going thru what you did.
I know how a sick child can make you feel and its a tough thing to go thru.

Thank you to everyone who said a prayer for Colin. Obviously they all helped!!! :)
Stephanie

Gluten free since October 05
son born severly premature due to
celiac

"True love stories never end" Richard Bach

"Did you ever stop thinking and forget to start again?" AA Milne

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you" AA Milne

Swimming Instructor #2 and Town Crier of Rachelville

#18 Fiddle-Faddle

Fiddle-Faddle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 11:53 AM

You're doing pretty much the same things I did--go to the doctor, get nervous, fall apart when the baby cries, etc.

Did you ever find out why he cried?

#19 TinkerbellSwt

TinkerbellSwt

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 12:07 PM

No, he just got upset. He didnt like being held there I imagine. When he was just a baby, 3 months early, he was a lot more cooperative with all their procedures. Now that he is getting older he realizes what is going on around him. And he just plain old doesnt like it!!!
Stephanie

Gluten free since October 05
son born severly premature due to
celiac

"True love stories never end" Richard Bach

"Did you ever stop thinking and forget to start again?" AA Milne

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you" AA Milne

Swimming Instructor #2 and Town Crier of Rachelville

#20 Judyin Philly

Judyin Philly

Moved to SO CA in November 2010

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 01:33 PM

Now that he is getting older he realizes what is going on around him. And he just plain old doesnt like it!!!

HI Setef...smart kid i'd say. glad the apt is over and it went well esp with the Chillies.
judy
Judy in Southern CA

#21 Lymetoo

Lymetoo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 03:42 PM

Will do!!
Negative biopsy for celiac 1980
Fibromyalgia 1980
IBS 1980
Interstitial Cystitis 1992
Systemic yeast
Diagnosed w/ Chronic Lyme Disease 2000
Diagnosed w/ Chronic babesia 2000
Tachycardia 2001
Asthma 2005
Have had Lyme and babesia for
about 48 yrs.

Began gluten-free July 19 '06
Native TEXAN living in Missouri

#22 evie

evie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 03:52 PM

OK.. we are back from the doctors. Took a long time. The cardiologist said he is fine. The dialated aorta is still there, but on the Z scale ( um not quite sure what that is ) Colin is at a 3. A dangerous level is a 6 or more. He has been hanging on a 3 for a while now.

He had a rough time with the ultrasound. He was great in the beginning. Just watching the tech and seeing the screen, watching his heart beat. Then all of a sudden he started to cry out, such a heart wrenching cry, I almost started to cry. I just wanted to pick him up and comfort him. I am sure all you mothers out there know how I felt. Even though there is no pain in the procedure. He was scared and it ripped me to shreds.

But its all over. We dont have to go back to the cardiologist for 6 months this time! The first time was 3 months, the second 4 months, now 6!! moving right along!

Fiddle- I dont know how you did it with your child. I give you such great credit for going thru what you did.
I know how a sick child can make you feel and its a tough thing to go thru.

Thank you to everyone who said a prayer for Colin. Obviously they all helped!!! :)

So glad your appt went as well as did. Colin just did not like the looks of that place, old enoigh now to notice
things like that. Did you know we have a way here of sending out prayers that really help?? :o Hope you are OK too!! evie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: