This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Multivitamin That's Gluten-free, Dairy-free And Soy-free?

hineini

hineini Enthusiast

I need a multivitamin, which used to be such an easy thing to find but now that I've learned I shouldn't be eating soy or casein in addition to gluten - Yikes! Is there such a thing as a gluten-free, CF, soy-free multi?

EDITED to add: While I"m at it, I also need to find a calcium citrate / magnesium supplement...

Thanks for your help :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jenvan Collaborator
Open Original Shared Link I would call to ck, but Freeda sells an SCD vitamin which should be free of what you listed.
hineini Enthusiast
Open Original Shared Link I would call to ck, but Freeda sells an SCD vitamin which should be free of what you listed.

Thanks so much - And they're vegetarian and kosher! Wow. I will definitely bookmark that site.

They don't claim to be soy-free but two out of three ain't bad (for now). I'll contact them to see if they actually use soy ingredients in the multi.

jmengert Enthusiast

I'm also soy, dairy, and gluten free, and I use GNC's Solo Day (a multivitamin) without any problems and have for months. Plus, it's only about $6/bottle; GNC's website will tell you what the vitamins are free of, too, if you want to check out other ones.

4getgluten Rookie

I take Yummi Bears multi-vitamins. They are the only vitamin I've found that don't give me a stomach ache. They are free of: yeast, wheat, milk, egg, soy, gluten and salt. You can buy them at drugstore.com.

VydorScope Proficient

I take Nature Made Multi Vit

Open Original Shared Link

kathy2005 Rookie

Hi,

I take NSI Synergy Basic Multi-Vitamin Version 2 & NSI Calcium & Magnesium from vitacost.com. The site lists both suppliment as free of:

Gluten, corn, soy, yeast, wheat, lactose, fish, eggs, colorings, or preservatives.

Kathy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor

most vitamins I've checked out tend to be gluten and dairy free... soy is more what you have to watch out for out of the 3 foods you listed... anything with vitamin E (either a vitamin or food) I'd check with the company to make sure it is not derived from soy...

I have a multi-vitamin from Pure that is free of gluten, casein, and soy... as for cal-mg, there's a calcium-mg citrate powder from Thorne that is free of the above as well..

hineini Enthusiast

In case anyone is interested, I just verified that Freeda's vitamins are all soy-free!

jenvan Collaborator
In case anyone is interested, I just verified that Freeda's vitamins are all soy-free!

Nice! I figured they probably were... very allergy-friendly brand :)

AndreaB Contributor

Thanks for the info on Freeda. I've been taking their prenatal but since I'm eating meat now, figured it was too much iron now. I was looking for something else but maybe I'll just go with another of their products.

Ursa Major Collaborator

Also, check out the hypoallergenic vitamins on Open Original Shared Link. Even I can take them!

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

I LOVE Freeda vitamins! I am taking their prenatal because I was low iron, but I also take their CoQ10 and their sublingual B12. My dietician gave me an entire PACKAGE of information about them . . . she recommends them because they are free of so many irritants. I have had no trouble with them whatsoever . . . also, they're having a 20% off sale because of their anniversary year, I think . . . . I also had a coupon that was in my packet for $5.00 off, I believe. Ask them about any specials they are having. They are great to work with, as well.

debmidge Rising Star

I think that the reason many people are unsure about ingredients in vitamins (gluten, soy, etc.) is because only until recently did vitamin manufacturers provide that info. For example, my husband and I used GNC brand and in 2004 we asked a GNC store manager and called GNC to find out if they were gluten-free and of course we got the "we can't guarantee cross contamination - we do not know if the individual ingredients, which we buy from others, isn't gluten-free" statement.

Hence we stopped buying GNC and purchased Freeda from then on.

sillyyak Enthusiast

Have you looked into "NATURE MADE" vitamins?

• 5 years later...
Songbird1976 Rookie

Can't thank you enough for posting this information!!! :)

• 9 months later...
Songbird1976 Rookie

\

Have you looked into "NATURE MADE" vitamins?

Hi... I would like to share a website with everyone that I found to be extremely helpful. The vitamins and supplements are free of everything. No gluten, no binders, fillers, and the best form of b12 (methylcobalamin). I have purchased the Emerald Labs supplements from this website with great satisfaction. I have found I am allergic to so many things every other brand I've tried in the past year has failed until I found this one. Happy to pass on the information.

Songbird

• 8 months later...
Generalbrock Newbie

For anyone looking at Freeda vitamins, many are NOT soy and corn free. I used this thread to find the information, but after a wicked reaction to the vitamins, I contacted Freeda directly. Many of their vitamins are made with soy and corn, though they state the manufacturing process rremoves most of it.

But they do state if you are intolerant or allergic, you may have a reaction to many of their vitamins.

GF Lover Rising Star

For anyone looking at Freeda vitamins, many are NOT soy and corn free. I used this thread to find the information, but after a wicked reaction to the vitamins, I contacted Freeda directly. Many of their vitamins are made with soy and corn, though they state the manufacturing process rremoves most of it.

But they do state if you are intolerant or allergic, you may have a reaction to many of their vitamins.

Generalbrock,

Unfortunately you used information that was from 2006.  Companies change formulas all the time.  In the Celiac/Intolerant World you have to read each label every time.   Hope you find some vitamins that work for you.

Colleen

andi1235 Rookie

I take Vitafusion gummy vitamins. They're very specific in their labeling: "Contains no wheat (gluten), milk eggs peanuts, shellfish, or soy. The facility that manufactures this product also produces products that contain soy."

I take a multivitamin and a calcium-with-D. They also have a B complex, a B12, a C, a D without calcium, prenatal, mens' and womens' specific multis, and several other types.

The store-brand knockoffs of these that they sell a lot of places (I've seen variations on them at Meijer, Wegman's, and Target) have the same label, and appear to be exactly the same product in a different bottle, usually a few dollars cheaper. You can also get them online.

Archived