1 reply to this topic

#1 EddieJP125

EddieJP125

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 11:53 AM

I've been gluten-free before then i had to go away to Dominican Republic...and for those of u who go on vacations know that itz hard to eat gluten-free foods...So i ate everythig that i wanted to...i've been diagnosed for about 3 months now...and for the past month i've from time to time have eaten Gluten foods...and i feel fine...excpet for the bloating...but couldn't that just be from the fact that i have and ulcer and hernia?...
so odes my dr know anything about celiac disease?...i came positive for bloodwork, and biopsy...
can anyone help

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Ruby Rose

Ruby Rose

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 01:08 PM

Since, you have been diagnosed through blood tests and a biopsy, there is no doubt, that you need to be gluten free, regardless of the extent of your symptoms. Even if you feel fine, intestinal damage will still be happening, which can lead to very serious future health problems. Your bloating is most likely a result of gluten. Before I found out that I have celiac disease, I was diagnosed with an ulcer. After starting the gluten-free diet, the ulcer healed.

Please take good care of yourself and stay gluten free! The reward of good health, is certainly worth all the effort that is involved, in maintaining a gluten-free diet ... forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: