24 replies to this topic

#16 mouse

mouse

**armetta**

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:31 AM

Have a wonderful 40th birthday. You deserve a special day.
"Throw yourself a pity-party and you'll be the only guest." - Earlene Fowler

Diag. Celiac Disease by positive blood test 2/03/2004
Allergies - corn, soy, casein, egg whites and wheat
Morphia Scleroderma
Osteoarthritis
Hypothyroid and Hperthyroid
Essential Tremors
Asthma
Migraines
Fibromyalgia - diag. in 1978 when they called it Fibrositis
PAD Peripheral Artery Disease
Angina and Atrial Fibrillation
Gluten Ataxia
Vitiligo
Scoliosis of the spine (caused by malabsorption and it is horribly painful) This would be enough reason for someone to go gluten free.
Ocular Myastenia Gravis

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:30 PM

Thank you everyone! It's great to be a part of such a warm, caring, loving board.

I just saw this thread......don't spend a lot of time perusing the board early in the day. :)

Seth thinks he's ready for 4th grade math....I bought ahead on some books on ebay for my school curriculum and he's into them. :lol: :lol:

OK, got Seth outta here and Talitha is feeding him lunch. I guess we'll delay her afternoon class start. She doesn't like penmanship and that's the next class. She loves to feed her brother but maybe she's stalling....she has a test today. :P

Rachel and those who mentioned chocolate.....

Mitch won't go for ice cream. We did have peach crisp a few nights ago since I had peaches that needed to be eaten. I think we still have a few chocolate chips though. Micah's birthday is next week so I want to save the brownie mix for him. Mitch called twice this morning while he was waiting for his truck to be loaded. We have a calling card that he uses....no cell phone. He doesn't expect to be home before dinner so we are celebrating tomorrow for my birthday dinner. I started the tradition of favorite meals for birthdays. Don't know what the kids will do this year being gluten free. I have recipes subs I can try though. :)

Carla,

We want to take a field trip down to see Noah's ark and the sanctuary lifelike exhibit about 4 hours from here. Just not to keen on totally messing up Seth's day. Although he'd probably be fine with naps since the car ride would be so long. There is also a wildlife safari next door to that. If we go before Micah turns 4 (next week) then we'll save on his admission charge.

Julie,

No special plans. I remember my mom had a 40th birthday party and I was kicked out to a friend of my parents for the night so they wouldn't keep me awake with all the noise. When my parents built that house they put in a teakwood dancefloor. That may have been one of the few times it was used. Mainly my brother and I, along with friends played in the basement where the dancefloor was. I still miss that house. :)

Evie,

I accept. Let's just celebrate the whole weekend! :huh: :lol:

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

#18 Ursa Major

Ursa Major

My grandson Eli, 12 months

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:57 PM

Happy Birthday, Andrea!

Wow, 40, you're still a spring chicken! :D

I hope you are having a wonderful day, and a great dinner tomorrow. Your outing sounds like fun.
I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#19 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 04:24 PM

Cecile,

You're not late. It's still the 15th even on your side of the country. :P

Andrea

Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

#20 Guest_Robbin_*

Guest_Robbin_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2006 - 04:25 PM

:) Happy 40th birthday!!! I have read that in a woman's 40's hormones are like 20 year old men, lol. Hope it was a great one!! Forties are wonderful I hear, lol I am still 29 .

#21 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 04:29 PM

Forties are wonderful I hear, lol I am still 29 .

Hhhhmmmmmmmmm.......29 and counting right? :lol:

Andrea

#22 Fiddle-Faddle

Fiddle-Faddle

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 04:32 PM

Happy Birthday! I hope you get lots of yummy gluten-free treats!

#23 Carriefaith

Carriefaith

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 08:05 PM

Wow! Happy Birthday :)
Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003
Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

#24 rinne

rinne

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 08:17 PM

Happy Birthday Andrea, I hope you have had a lovely day and a fun evening with your family dinner tomorrow night. Hugs. :)
A family with Celiac disease, two brothers and two sisters.

Lyme Disease, Diagnosis October 19, 2006

May 2006 - December 2008 Gluten and Dairy Free

December 2008, while seeing improvement on the gluten free diet, I did not recover and so in December of 2008 began the SCD and now have hope for recovery.

#25 Rikki Tikki

Rikki Tikki

Tavi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 07:52 AM

:) :D :P :rolleyes: Happy, happy BD today!! ;) I will celebrate with you today and you can celebrate with me 9/17/06. Do something for yourself today, you are so generous with others!! Love you gal. evie

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREA AND EVIE :D :D :D
Nostaglia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days!!!!

" 15 years of it's stress!"
"blood work show's a disease called celiac,
but it can't be that because it's rare!"
Diagnosed via blood and biopsy 2003

Not a medical professional just a silly celiac
offering support, my
experience and advice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: