12 replies to this topic

#1 Guhlia

Guhlia

Ah yes.... Happy New Year to all, Red Bridge style... LOL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:12 AM

Okay, I know that sometimes I'm super sensitive. I'm trying to figure out how to take this e-mail. It sounds really rude to me, but like I said, I'm often overly sensitive. He sent me an e-mail asking me to please leave feedback and I sent him an e-mail simply stating that I would leave feedback after we completed testing and thank you for being patient. This is the e-mail I got back from him:

what do you mean after item been tested there are no broken tabs or cut wires what do you mean by test.............my harness has nothing to do with your electrical componets.............test how do you test a harness..................either its good or its not wires are melted tabs broken connections rusty..........you lost me with TEST????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 CarlaB

CarlaB

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:14 AM

I think you should just explain what you mean by test to him. Things are always taken wrong when you're not talking in person because so much of our communication is body language, he may also have taken your email wrong. I wouldn't worry about it ...
gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

#3 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,744 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:33 AM

Okay, I know that sometimes I'm super sensitive. I'm trying to figure out how to take this e-mail. It sounds really rude to me, but like I said, I'm often overly sensitive. He sent me an e-mail asking me to please leave feedback and I sent him an e-mail simply stating that I would leave feedback after we completed testing and thank you for being patient. This is the e-mail I got back from him:

For a seller to demand feedback is really rude. Have you checked his feedback? Does he have some that refer to this item not working or a lot of recent negatives? Is he new with a FB of less than 50? If he's new he may just be overanxious and want a higher number fast, if he has had a number of negatives he may want to be sure this item is okay or to push the negatives furthur down the page. No matter what the reason though if it was my transaction even if the item was acceptable no feedback would be left for this person at all and I would email him and tell him that his rudeness was why. If he pulls something like giving you a negative just because you didn't leave feedback for him let Ebay know about.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#4 cgilsing

cgilsing

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:37 AM

I agree with ravenwood. This guy is being very demanding. I think his e-mail is pretty rude and I wouldn't give him feedback.

#5 tiredofdoctors!!!

tiredofdoctors!!!

Will NOT let this disease diminish me!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:39 AM

I haven't EVER had a seller "talk" to me that way . . . I would want clarification as to what he meant as well. He may want positive feedback and be anxious about it, but that certainly isn't going to get positive feedback! I'm overly sensitive sometimes, too, but I think that was downright RUDE. As a buyer, you have the right to make sure that your item checks out prior to leaving feedback. If you put that he was great, loved the merchandise, etc. and then it was a piece of "poop", he'd get by with selling shoddy merchandise. I think he was WAY out of line as a seller . . . .
Lynne

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try tomorrow".

"There's not a word yet, for old friends we've just met. Part Heaven, part space, or have I found my place? You can just visit, but I plan to stay, I'm going to go back there some day." Gonzo, in the Muppet Movie

#6 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:39 AM

I don't think this person meant to be rude, he/she sounds very irritate though. He/she is probably looking to build up feedback but needs to be a liitle more tactful about how he/she is coming across.

I still don't get feedback from everyone and I ask them to leave feedback after they get the item or to contact me via email if they are not satisfied to we can work something out. If always leave feedback and would appreciate the same but not everyone does leave feedback.

I echo someone else's post.....is this a new seller, do this person have a lot of negative feedback?

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

#7 hannahsue01

hannahsue01

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:52 AM

How RUDE! I have had bad experiences with ebay sellers as well. They get very defensive even when wrong. I had one person sell me a pair of MINT/LIKE NEW used Easter shoes for my daughter and when they arrived they had not just one or a little scuff but many many scuffs on them and we went round and round with emials......we never left feed back for each other. The other time I ordered a product in one color and recieved another....I ended up leaving her bad feedback as she wished not to correct the mistake and she went off. I don't think anybody should be or is required to leave feedback. You should be alloted as much time as you need to check out the product before leaving feedback (but be aware if there is a reutrn or exchange policy there usually is a time limit). I defenantly would not leave him any positive feedback.
Myself-Age 25....I have had symptoms since at least 1998 if not since infancy (was diagnosed with malnutrition as a small child)...Positive results with gluten free diet!

Hannah-Age 5.....Has symptoms....Inconclusive blood tests....Positive diet response to both gluten free and lactose free!

Grace-Age 1.....Born at 29 weeks due to me having celiac....Has reflux and a feeding tube.

Husband-Not Celiac......has found that he does feel better when not eating allot of gluten.....is gluten free at home.

#8 Guhlia

Guhlia

Ah yes.... Happy New Year to all, Red Bridge style... LOL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:30 PM

Thanks guys, I really needed to hear that. I did check his feedback and it wasn't the greatest. I knew this going into the sale though. I was buying parts for our business that we can only get used, and often only from eBay. It wasn't a lot of money, so I figured if it was a bad sell, we wouldn't lose out on much. I just can't believe that he e-mailed me like that. I really needed to hear from someone else that it was rude. Thank you so much. I think I will just not leave feedback unless he keeps pestering me, then I will have to leave negative feedback and report him. Thanks again. I feel much better now.
~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

#9 Ursa Major

Ursa Major

My grandson Eli, 12 months

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:51 PM

Angie, he is definitely rude! I've never had a seller treat me like that. He doesn't deserve positive feedback. If the part turns out to be acceptable, I'd leave neutral feedback, stating that you're satisfied with the merchandise, but not the quality of communication.
I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#10 wolfie

wolfie

Kim

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 03:07 PM

Feedback is optional on ebay. I sell a lot on Ebay and usually don't leave feedback until I have heard from the buyer, either by email or thier leaving feedback, to make sure they are satisfied. This way if there is a problem, I have the chance to remedy the situation so that everyone is happy. that being said, I would never dream of begging someone for or demanding that someone leave me feedback. That seller is out of line and very rude. I would not leave him feedback at all at this point. If he leaves you negative feedback or threatens to, report him to ebay and leave him a negative back.

Good luck!
Kim

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm
but how to dance in the rain."

Positive bloodwork 1/9/06
gluten-free since 1/12/06
Very positive dietary response

DS (12 years old)
Biopsy 7/7/06 ~ Diagnosed Celiac 7/12/2006
gluten-free since 7/15/2006

DD (almost 6)
HLA-DQ2 positive
Celiac Bloodwork negative 2 different times
Still eating gluten for now.

#11 jkmunchkin

jkmunchkin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 03:30 PM

Ok I agree, that email was beyond rude!! I mean asking to leave feedback, fine. And your response was very nice and acceptable... his was ridiculous!!! And if he wants feedback so bad I would give him what he wants.

Your feedback should be: Received item, all looks well. Seller e-mailed me requesting feedback and when I responded letting them know that I would be happy to leave feedback as soon as I tested the item, I received an abusive and rude e-mail. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS SELLER.
Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy
Inflamed stomach lining
Gluten free since July 6, 2005
Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

#12 Ashley

Ashley

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 10:58 AM

No, you're in the right. That was plain childish. Don't worry about it, I would just make sure what I bought is safe and functional :)

-Diganosed with Celiac's Disease on April 15, 2005.

"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life"-Picasso

#13 STINGER

STINGER

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:18 PM

I agree with ravenwood. This guy is being very demanding. I think his e-mail is pretty rude and I wouldn't give him feedback.

PERHAPS YOU SHOULD GIVE HIM THE FEEDBACK THAT HE WAS PUSHY AND RUDE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: