- - - - -

Gluteny Symptoms?

• Please log in to reply

9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_~jules~_*

Guest_~jules~_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:25 PM

Does anyone here feel like you have a hang over if you have been glutened? I made this huge messy dinner last night, some cc could have happened even though I was careful. I think really what it may have been was my kids snack plate. I fixed them cheese, crackers, fruit, and a few cheetos, I picked a cheeto off the plate maybe there was crumbs on it :blink: Anyway back to the question...I have no D, I just feel like I stayed up all night partying or something, plus I'm really irritable. TGIF :(

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 CarlaB

CarlaB

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:27 PM

Yep, I can have that reaction. Just use each reaction as another lesson learned ... don't eat food off a plate with crackers! I actually joke that because of the hangover and the brain fog, I don't need to drink, I can eat a dinner roll and get the same effect!!

Hope you feel better soon!
gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

#3 Kaycee

Kaycee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:33 PM

Jules, at times I feel the same way after being glutened. Believe me it feels worse than if I had been drinking a bottle of wine. It sort of hangs around like a hangover and then dissappears during the day. What I notice with myself, is that is is really hard to get out of bed, and I feel so groggy. I think like you for me, it would be the gluten. Not that it happens very much any more for me, thankfully.
As for the D, that usually hits me between 24 hours and 48 hours later, and by then the hangover has gone, but has been replaced by a feeling of deppression, or just feeling down for no particular reason.
I hope you have not been glutened
Cath

#4 Guest_~jules~_*

Guest_~jules~_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:38 PM

Yep, I can have that reaction. Just use each reaction as another lesson learned ... don't eat food off a plate with crackers! I actually joke that because of the hangover and the brain fog, I don't need to drink, I can eat a dinner roll and get the same effect!!

Hope you feel better soon!

Lol, funny and true! :lol: You know it was one of those quick picks you've done your whole life, just grab a chip off the plate, and gobble it up. As I was chewing it I stared at the crackers and thought oh great :(

Jules, at times I feel the same way after being glutened. Believe me it feels worse than if I had been drinking a bottle of wine. It sort of hangs around like a hangover and then dissappears during the day. What I notice with myself, is that is is really hard to get out of bed, and I feel so groggy. I think like you for me, it would be the gluten. Not that it happens very much any more for me, thankfully.
As for the D, that usually hits me between 24 hours and 48 hours later, and by then the hangover has gone, but has been replaced by a feeling of deppression, or just feeling down for no particular reason.
I hope you have not been glutened
Cath

Thats exactly whats going on right now, accept I have a slight nagging headache to boot. Jeez, evil little cheeto.

#5 CarlaB

CarlaB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:45 PM

After a while you'll get your habits changed around ... I usually have to go through a whole thought process before I put anything in my mouth, including just licking something off my finger!
gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

#6 Nantzie

Nantzie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:59 PM

Sounds like gluten to me. There are times when I don't even get any digestive issues anymore from gluten.

For me, I get exhausted, headachy, depressed/anxious, tearful and irritable within half an hour. That's all from CC like not washing my hands after touching gluten, or eating something off the same plate. Sometimes I get stomach issues, but most of the time I don't.

After a while, you'll probably start seeing a strong pattern when you've been glutened and will be able to recognize that it's happened based on your set of symptoms.

Now, when I start feeling like all I want to do is lay down and cry, or everything my kids do makes me want to climb the walls, I automatically start paying attention to how else I'm feeling. It doesn't make the glutening go away any faster, but it makes it easier to deal with because I know it's not ME, but the gluten that's causing the symptoms.

Nancy
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.
~Chinese Proverb

#7 Guhlia

Guhlia

Ah yes.... Happy New Year to all, Red Bridge style... LOL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 01:11 PM

I always call the morning after a glutening "the gluten hangover". To me, that's exactly what it feels like, except with a slightly lesser headache and a slightly more upset stomach.
~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

#8 ÆON

ÆON

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 02:49 PM

Does anyone here feel like you have a hang over if you have been glutened? I made this huge messy dinner last night, some cc could have happened even though I was careful. I think really what it may have been was my kids snack plate. I fixed them cheese, crackers, fruit, and a few cheetos, I picked a cheeto off the plate maybe there was crumbs on it :blink: Anyway back to the question...I have no D, I just feel like I stayed up all night partying or something, plus I'm really irritable. TGIF :(

Yes, indeed I do. The day after is a lessening of all the symptoms but with an added "jetlag" feel to it or like I've almost recovered from a really bad flu.

#9 laurie-carr

laurie-carr

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:42 PM

Yes, indeed I do. The day after is a lessening of all the symptoms but with an added "jetlag" feel to it or like I've almost recovered from a really bad flu.

I TOTALLY know how this is.....I think I am alcohol intolerant.....I spent the ENTIRE day recovering from a GLUTEN HANGOVER!!!!!!! I only had 2 drinks last night and some gluten-free snacks.....I had D all day long.....I have severe burning in my chest area....extreeme gas.......tummy ache......nauscious.......YUCK!!!!!!! I have been gluten-free for 1 month now.....and I have DH...Just wondering if anyone else has alcohol sensitivity too??????

#10 samcarter

samcarter

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:31 AM

Yes, it's like a hangover for me--I can barely drag myself out of bed, it's hard to even open my eyes, and I just feel like I could lay on the sofa all day. And THEN the diarrhea starts up. I never get that right after a glutening, it's always the next morning. :huh:
Negative EMA test 8/08
Gluten free 8/08
Positive response to dietary change
Dairy free 3/09
Citrus free 5/09
Allergies: bananas, apples, green beans, mold.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: