This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

For Those Of You With Picky Eaters...

Guhlia

Guhlia Rising Star

Okay, I know this sounds really gross, but the end result is actually quite tasty. I have a hard time getting my daughter to eat anything nutritious, so I often have to get creative. This evening, I crushed up Cheetohs and used them to coat chicken. I baked them at 400 until they were brown. They actually taste really good. I didn't use milk or egg or anything on the chicken, just dipped it into the cheetoh powder. Not only does she like it, but I do too. I know it's not the most nutritious thing, but at least I finally found a way to get her to eat meat. Normally she won't touch the stuff unless it's processed.

Also, if you have a food processor and a toddler, I highly recommend buying a popsicle tray and making popsicles out of fresh veggies, berries, and juice. They're actually not horrible, the cold really hides the flavor. My daughter LOVES these! I do about 40/40/20, veggie, berry, juice.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest ~jules~
Okay, I know this sounds really gross, but the end result is actually quite tasty. I have a hard time getting my daughter to eat anything nutritious, so I often have to get creative. This evening, I crushed up Cheetohs and used them to coat chicken. I baked them at 400 until they were brown. They actually taste really good. I didn't use milk or egg or anything on the chicken, just dipped it into the cheetoh powder. Not only does she like it, but I do too. I know it's not the most nutritious thing, but at least I finally found a way to get her to eat meat. Normally she won't touch the stuff unless it's processed.

Also, if you have a food processor and a toddler, I highly recommend buying a popsicle tray and making popsicles out of fresh veggies, berries, and juice. They're actually not horrible, the cold really hides the flavor. My daughter LOVES these! I do about 40/40/20, veggie, berry, juice.

I have one of those too, my youngest sean is the pickiest child I have ever come across. Mainly my fault for catering to it for so long. Were trying to introduce new things every day now cuz its just getting old. How could he choose a hot dog over a NY steak? :blink: The cheetoh crust sounds good to me, kudos for your creativity.... :D

Nantzie Collaborator

That sounds really good. I tried the same thing a few weeks ago with Cool Ranch Doritos, and they were so bland I was shocked. You'd think that something as strongly flavored as Doritos would have the same thing come through as crumbs. But no, not at all.

Thanks for the recipe!

Nancy

Guhlia Rising Star

Nantzie, try adding some ranch dressing powder mix to the crushed doritos... See if that enhances the flavor. I may just have to try that. Sounds delicious.

Nantzie Collaborator

When I contacted Hidden Valley, they said that their powdered ranch mix has traces of gluten. I was such a Hidden Valley fan before. Are there other brands of powdered ranch mix? I haven't even looked yet.

Nancy

jennyj Collaborator

Thanks for the recipe. I do not have children at home but I am the picky eater.

Kat-Kat Newbie

This one is odd my Mom made this for me it is Chicken, potato chips and mayo it is good she cooked the chicken deboned it put it in a dish with mayo and potato chips, baked it up I loved it

come to think of it I have not had it in a long time think I will fix it. no gluten there.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guhlia Rising Star
When I contacted Hidden Valley, they said that their powdered ranch mix has traces of gluten. I was such a Hidden Valley fan before. Are there other brands of powdered ranch mix? I haven't even looked yet.

Nancy

Someone on here has a recipe for powdered ranch dressing, maybe Elonwy. I don't remember. Maybe they will see this? Or you could put up an ISO post. Either way, that sounds fabulous with the ranch chips. I'm going to have to try it.

Archived