15 replies to this topic

#1 Ursa Major

Ursa Major

My grandson Eli, 12 months

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 08:52 PM

Alison, I saw what you said to Evie, that you shared the same birthday! So, even though it is now obviously a day late, I still want to say:

Happy late Birthday, Fiddle-Faddle!
I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_Robbin_*

Guest_Robbin_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2006 - 08:56 PM

:D :D HOW DID I MISS THIS?!!!!! YES, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 29!!! Same as me and Evie and Celia too!!!! :o
Always 29 at heart, right?!!

#3 Guest_Robbin_*

Guest_Robbin_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2006 - 09:01 PM

I am really 97, but I can still type...that is all I can do....

Wow, celia, that is sooo sad.

Happy belated to you Fiddle-Faddle!!! I hope it was sooo wonderful!

#4 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 09:10 PM

Happy Birthday Alison!!!

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

#5 Ursa Major

Ursa Major

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 09:19 PM

Robbin and Celia, you have me awfully confused, you're just teasing each other, right?

And was it your birthday, too? Happy birthday to the two of you as well, in that case!
I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#6 Guest_Robbin_*

Guest_Robbin_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2006 - 09:23 PM

:) OOOPs, sorry Ursula, that is temporary insanity,lol. :D :D We had a lot of birthdays on here yesterday!! (not ours, though we quit having them)

#7 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 09:28 PM

29 and holding, right you two?

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

#8 Ursa Major

Ursa Major

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 09:33 PM

Oh, you guys almost had me fooled, I was looking at those crazy 'quotes' for a long time before I realized that you were probably teasing each other...............I am sooo gullible! :blink: But you should never stop celebrating birthdays, you are as old (or young) as you are, nothing you can do about it, you might as well celebrate while you can! ;)

#9 tiredofdoctors!!!

tiredofdoctors!!!

Will NOT let this disease diminish me!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:25 PM

Happy Birthday Fiddle-Faddle!!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxLynne
Lynne

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try tomorrow".

"There's not a word yet, for old friends we've just met. Part Heaven, part space, or have I found my place? You can just visit, but I plan to stay, I'm going to go back there some day." Gonzo, in the Muppet Movie

#10 Matilda

Matilda

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:34 PM

#11 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 04:21 AM

Happy Birthday Fiddle Faddle! :D
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#12 nikki-uk

nikki-uk

Out running.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 04:39 AM

Hope you had a great day!!! :D :D :D
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

Posted Image

#13 jkmunchkin

jkmunchkin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 05:48 AM

Happy Birthday!!!! I just turned 29 also! (No yelling, but I'm a little bummed about this one).
Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy
Inflamed stomach lining
Gluten free since July 6, 2005
Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

#14 jenvan

jenvan

Lynne took this picture! :)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:35 AM

Happy Birthday!

(PS: Jillian--I am oh-so tripping over the impending 30s and what the decade will bring also ! :lol: )
~~~~~~~
Jen
Indianapolis, IN

gluten-free since Feb 2005
dairy-free

#15 Fiddle-Faddle

Fiddle-Faddle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:37 AM

Thank you, everyone! Wow, so MANY of us are 29! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: