5 replies to this topic

#1 BAF716

BAF716

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 07:42 AM

Hello Im quite new to all this Gluten Free stuff. My boyfriends been diagnosed & I do all the looking so its up to me basicly. If you can help or have info I'd really appreciate it, thanks
PS: I love this board I read it daily and its helped me so much. You are all so wonderful
1) I went to the Heinz web site & it says there EZ Marinade only the Mr.Yoshidas Teriyaki is Gluten Free so I bought it but when I read the ingredients it has soy sauce so how could it be?

2) Is Whey ok?

3) Does anyone know of any Lipton Rice Side dishes that are gluten-free?

4) Heres a list of some foods does anyone know about any of these?
Kraft BBQ Sauce, Open Pit BBQ Sauce, Lipton Onion Soup Mix, Fleischmanns Marg, Boston Market Frozen Entrees, Any Frozen Veggies or Potatoes, Simply Potatoes, Nestle Crunch over Vanilla Ice Cream Bars, Klondike Bars, Quakes Quakes

5) How important is it to make sure your shampoos & soap are gluten-free?
He's now using Colgate or Crest toothpaste which I think are ok. He's using St.Ives body Wash or Softsoap Body wash for men, Suave shampoo for men, VO5 shampoo, Edge Shave gel and Right Guard Extreme deod. Do Deodorants matter?

Oh I'd appreciate any help. Anything to make my life earier. This is a pain in the you know what but it seems to be helping! :rolleyes:
BAF716@AOL.com or BAF716@hotmail.com

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 AmyandSabastian

AmyandSabastian

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 08:16 AM

Well I know the first 2. Some soy sauce is safe not all, but some are. And whey is part of milk so I believe its safe. I would love to know about the lipton though. Good question.
Amy (25) and Bryan (26)....Gluten Free Aug 1 2004
Sabastian (8 months).... Gluten free May 17 2004

Lafayette, La (The Cajun HeartLand)

It's Just Food!

#3 lovegrov

lovegrov

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 10:18 AM

1) I went to the Heinz web site & it says there EZ Marinade only the Mr.Yoshidas Teriyaki is Gluten Free so I bought it but when I read the ingredients it has soy sauce so how could it be?

Not all soy sauces have wheat. LaChoy, Kroger, San J wheat free tamari and Angustura (sp??) are all gluten-free. Apparently the soy sauce is this profuctis, too.

2) Is Whey ok?

Whey is gluten-free.

3) Does anyone know of any Lipton Rice Side dishes that are gluten-free?

Lipton is one of the companies that says it will clearly list at least wheat (not sure about all gluten) in the ingredients.

Kraft BBQ Sauce, Open Pit BBQ Sauce, Lipton Onion Soup Mix, Fleischmanns Marg, Boston Market Frozen Entrees, Any Frozen Veggies or Potatoes, Simply Potatoes, Nestle Crunch over Vanilla Ice Cream Bars, Klondike Bars, Quakes Quakes

Kraft is a company that will clearly list any wheat, rye or barley. All you have to do is read the ingredients. The onion soup mix was gluten-free last time I checked, but read the ingredients. Fleischman's is gluten-free. All frozen veggies I've ever checked on (no sauce) have been gluten-free. Klondike also clearly lists any gluten. The regular bars are gluten-free but be careful of any with crunchy pieces.

Nestle Crunch candy bars are NOT gluten-free because of malt flavor in the crispies. I suspect the ice cream bars will be the same. This is the same reason we cannot eat Rice Krispies, Chex, and other cereals that would otherwise seem to be gluten-free.

5) How important is it to make sure your shampoos & soap are gluten-free?
He's now using Colgate or Crest toothpaste which I think are ok. He's using St.Ives body Wash or Softsoap Body wash for men, Suave shampoo for men, VO5 shampoo, Edge Shave gel and Right Guard Extreme deod. Do Deodorants matter?

Colgate, Crest, and Suave are gluten-free. I wouldn't worry about deodorant. The danger with topicals stuff is accidentally getting it in your mouth.

Here is a list of some companies that will clearly list all gluten or at least wheat. This is not comprehensive -- there are other companies that do the same. You also need to start calling companies to ask about specific products.

Balance
Baskin Robbins
Ben & Jerry
Betty Crocker
Blue Bunny
Butterball *lists wheat only
Breyers
Campbells
Cascadian Farms
Celestial Seasonings
ConAgra *lists wheat only
Country Crock
Edy's
General Mills
Good Humor
Green Giant
Hellman's
Hershey
Hormel
Hungry Jack
Kozy Shack
Kraft
Martha White
McCormick
Nabisco
Nestle
Old El Paso
Ortega
Pillsbury
Popsicle
Russell Stover
Sunny Delight
T Marzetti
Tyson
Unilever
Wishbone
Yoplait
Zatarain's

richard

#4 kevsmom

kevsmom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 06:24 AM

I contacted Simply Potatoes and this is their response:

Thanks for your e-mail. All of our Simply Potatoes products are gluten free except the Southwestern Style Hash Browns. Thanks again for your e-mail. Please let me know if you have any other questions, concerns and/or comments.

Thanks
Michael Foods, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2005 10:32 AM
To: Holmes, Latresa U.
Subject: FW: Michael Foods General Website Inquiry
Diagnosed with Celiac Disease April 2005
Diabetic

#5 Rusla

Rusla

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:27 AM

Kraft Chicken and ribs BBQ sauce contains bran. Kraft is very good about listing their ingredients.
Rusla

Asthma-1969
wheat/ dairy allergies, lactose/casein intolerance-1980
Multiple food, environmental allergies
allergic to all antibiotics except sulpha
Rheumitoid arthritis,Migraine headaches,TMJ- 1975
fibromyalgia-1995
egg allergy-1997
msg allergy,gall bladder surgery-1972
Skin Biopsy positive DH-Dec.1 2005, confirmed celiac disease
gluten-free totally since Nov. 28, 2005
Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism- 2005
Pernicious Anemia 1999 (still anemic on and off.)
Osteoporosis Aug. 2006

Creative people need maids.

#6 Felidae

Felidae

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 12:03 PM

I use Fleischmanns lactose free and salt free margarine everyday. This is a ConAgra product and they will label common allergens such as wheat.
Tapioca intolerant
First cousin dx'd with Celiac Disease
Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.
Gluten-free since June 2005
Dx with IBS February 2005
Blood tests both negative (or inconclusive?) for celiac (in 2002 and 2004)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: