This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Who Is Alfred?

lonewolf

jerseyangel Proficient
Back at the end of June we had terrible flooding up here (central upstate NY). My older daughter (the one on the far left) was looking out the window, watching the debris float by on the stream beside our house. She yelled come quick look! We all ran to see what she saw, including my 2 year old, who just so happened to be on the potty at the time. My wife came in late, saw what you see there and decided to preserve it for "posterity" so to speak...

:D I just noticed she dosen't have any pants on! :o

I'm originally from Syracuse :) Our families are still there, so we are up there a few times a year. Love the fall in central NY--when our kids were young, we'd take drives out to "apple country"--Tully, and around there.

Many years ago, my husband and I ate at a very nice Italian restaurant on the main street (I think) in Oneonta. I wish I could remember the name....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Canadian Karen Community Regular

I hope I didn't offend any Buffalonians. See, it's kind of a standing joke up here as we used to get the Buffalo news quite often on Channel 7 - Eyewitness News! You guys were famous for your house fires because so many houses are made of wood.......

It was meant lightheartedly........ ;)

Karen

TriticusToxicum Explorer
:D I just noticed she dosen't have any pants on! :o

I'm originally from Syracuse :) Our families are still there, so we are up there a few times a year. Love the fall in central NY--when our kids were young, we'd take drives out to "apple country"--Tully, and around there.

Many years ago, my husband and I ate at a very nice Italian restaurant on the main street (I think) in Oneonta. I wish I could remember the name....

Ianelli's?

That's the only place that comes to mind.

I hope I didn't offend any Buffalonians. See, it's kind of a standing joke up here as we used to get the Buffalo news quite often on Channel 7 - Eyewitness News! You guys were famous for your house fires because so many houses are made of wood.......

It was meant lightheartedly........ ;)

Karen

I don't think they mind. Heck it's Saturday afternoon, they're probably too busy painting each other to be following this board! :P:lol::huh: Uh, I gotta go...there's a man with a red and blue face at my front door...says I got some 'splainin' ta do... :unsure:

jayhawkmom Enthusiast
What the folks in Western NY lack in imagination, they more than make up for in die-hard support of their beloved Buffalo Bills...

OMG, I grew up in Jamestown (45 min South of Buffalo) - you would not believe how hard I'm laughing at this post!!!!

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

We get spammers on here from time to time. This guy obviously has way too much time on his hands. Or maybe its just that wheat in the air thats messing with his brain

TriticusToxicum Explorer
OMG, I grew up in Jamestown (45 min South of Buffalo) - you would not believe how hard I'm laughing at this post!!!!

Jamestown - hometown to Lucille Ball & Natalie Merchant? (and the 9,998 other maniacs)

...dare i ask why you moved? :P

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

You guys are crackin' me up -- but I TOTALLY missed Alfred. What a shame . . . I would have enjoyed a little medical "banter" with him. He sounds like one of those people that put fake blood and a piece of liver in a plastic bag, then place it in their hand so that you can't see it. They put their hands on whatever area they "feel" you're having trouble, pop the plastic bag, pull out the piece of liver covered in fake blood, and "voila" -- you're CURED!!!!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jestgar Rising Star

EEeewwww!!

luvs2eat Collaborator

But... maybe it's TRUE and we can all be healed and eat all the foods we haven't been able to!!

HA HA HA

My son-in-law got an email from a guy who wanted to buy his car... and wanted him to accept a "cashier's" check for twice what the car was being sold for. He was to cash the check and mail the remainder back to the guy.

My SIL wrote back to him and asked, "Sounds good... would you like all my banking information and credit card numbers too???"

The guy wrote back and said, "You stupid American... this is serious."

HA HA HA HA

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Lynne - sorry for you, this Loser Alfred doesn't banter or discuss, just posts his scam info.... :lol:

Luvs2 Eat - - those international money order scams are HUGE. I get emails all the time from these people...also they were all over Craig's list (there are warnings when placing an ad now about these scams) - - I remember I listed my PIANO on Craig's List and people from all over the world wrote "about your wonderful item and you sound like such kind honest person would love to do business with and please, what is cost of your item" (which was listed) and I would take great pleasure in replying.....OH YES!!! This makes so much sense, to SHIP a PIANO to Africa!! I am so excited....the piano is now TWO MILLION DOLLARS and I am so excited you'll be the owner!

(I am easily amused) :)

Archived