This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Want Other Opinion

chasefamily

chasefamily Rookie

Hi All pretty new here. I got the results of my biopsy today and everything came back normal, I haven't had any blood testing for celiac but small intestine biopsy came back normal. I feel like I'm getting the run around, I have been sick so much since 1997 to start I was having utering hemmoraging which resulted in an emergency hysterectomy so I would not bleed to death I has lost so much blood and was so anemia, my hemaglobin was 7 but they never gave me blood and after the hysterectomy , it took me a year on iron medicine 3 times daily before my iron was back to normal but my whole body iron count has never returned to normal. They couln't find any reason why I was bleeding, my uterus was healthy looking, no cancer. Then 3 months later I get hepatitis virus of my liver and my liver is inflamed in and out of hospital 3 times off work for 6 weeks, not to mention all the work i missed from the bleeding off and on for over a year , I hemmoraged 4 times over alittle over ayear. Ok irecover from hepatitis virus then 7 months later I get mono (the kissing disease) ha ha I hadn't kissed any body with it. Took me about 6 months to recover from that completely, off work for 6 weeks with that also. Then I am tired all the time and diagnosed with hypothyroidism, ok still tired all the time, get every virus that seems to come around. Have essential thrombytosis, can't find ou the reason why but elevated platelett count between 500 and 700 thousand, not to mention that now I bruise so easily that if my 15 pound dog clims on my lap I get a bruise where every step he takes, I look like somebody beat me up. Ok I just wanted to vent and ask for everybodsy help, my own gp tells me ther is nothing wrong with me and she claims that she can't find what is causing all of these problems, I don't have diarrhea but constipation instead and acid reflux problems for several months plus neausea and sometime vomiting in the morning. I am taking prevacid twice daily but still nautious. Please help somebody I know im not crazy and no body seems to want to get to the bottom of this problem.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

red345 Apprentice

DEMAND to have a routine blood culture performed. This would most likely identify any active virus, fungus, bacteria present in the system.

Also, try to insist on having a C-reactive protein test run, along with the CBC, ANA, and Sed Rate, if these tests haven't been performed in the last 6 months. Have an A1C test performed to rule out Diabetes.

Odds are one of them will at least point the way to the path of the active problem which is at work, meaning that you will have the doctor's attention.

Thankfully for you, the endoscopy is the most precise test available for the detection of Celiac disease. If he said your test was normal, that means you have no damage to the villa. It may not rule out the possibility that you are in the birth stages of the disease, but even that is unlikely.

Evaluate any and all prescriptions and over the counter prescription medications you may have begun taking within 6-9 months of the onset of your new symptoms. As is the case with any and all medications, new side effects can always appear in individual people, regardless of whether or not they are known side effects.

RDV Newbie

Also check the ingredients of the medicines...they sometimes contain starches etc as fillers or binders ...good luck!

Dwight Senne Rookie

Your digestive problems may be caused by the Prevacid. Ask your doctor to prescribe another medication. Or better yet, tell them to fix the cause, not the effect!

As for your biopsy, find out how many samples were taken and from what parts of the small intestine. This is crucial to getting accurate samples. Also, several so called "normal" biopsies came back positive for celiac disease when given to a pathologist experienced in Celiac for a second opinion.

You may also wish to consider a new doctor. Much of the complaining on this and other boards about doctors is partially the fault of the patients for not changing doctors. Let's face it, just like not every auto mechanic is equally competent, not every doctor is equally competent.

Archived