This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Just Need To Rant

tiredofdoctors

Lisa Mentor

OHHH, I'm thinking SPCA. Towns have ordinances and often you may have one dog or two. Lynne, look into what your town requires regarding pets. There are limits. They may very well be in violation of the town ordinances. Check it out. Or build a very big fence. Fences make good neighbors.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ursa Major Collaborator
OHHH, I'm thinking SPCA. Towns have ordinances and often you may have one dog or two. Lynne, look into what your town requires regarding pets. There are limits. They may very well be in violation of the town ordinances. Check it out. Or build a very big fence. Fences make good neighbors.

Oh, you're right! I don't believe we're allowed to have more than two dogs in this town. And I don't know anybody who does, either. It would be a good idea to check on that.

CarlaB Enthusiast

We had the cops called on us once, don't feel bad! We had an outbuilding with an apt. in it (it's where Morgan and I lived after the family moved to Ohio last year). We had a guy living in it for a while, and after he moved out, at our request, he left some things there. Since it was past the day of his moveout and he owed us money, we kept the stuff until he paid us back (he never did). He called the cops and told them we stole his things. They said it was a civil matter.

We also had them call us a few times because of the renter.

One neighbor we had who lived across the street hated kids (we have six). He always parked his car at the end of our driveway on his side of the street. He didn't even drive the car often as it was just parked there so no one else could! Well, our kids would be in our driveway playing four square, and he'd be watching them out his window. When a ball would roll out in to the street, it would sometimes hit one of his tires. We're talking, these are those cheap balls you buy at the grocery. He'd come running outside and yell at the kids, especially if they had to get on the easement part of his property, which is actually public property as we live downtown and people walk on the sidewalks all the time! We just used to go to the grocery and buy each kid a new ball every couple weeks :lol: . After a couple months, the guy couldn't take it anymore and moved. We were worried he'd go postal on us though.

We have 16 feet of yard on one side of our house ... it's a corner lot and the other side is driveway (think 90 year old house, small-town downtown area). So, the side that has 16 feet has a swingset. :lol: Our other neighbor's driveway is there and she owns about a foot of land on our side of her driveway. She'll come outside and yell at the kids if they step on that one foot of grass!! It looks really funny when it snows as our whole yard will be covered in footprints, but not one on her 1 foot! We used to cut it for her, but she got mad, so we had to stop.

Neighbors can be strange. I hate to think what ours say about us. ;)

Lisa Mentor

Ok Carla, give it up.....six kids and you look so beautiful. What's the deal here? Combined family, is my guess, cause you can't look that beautiful and sexy with six children.

Your picture is gorgeous

CarlaB Enthusiast
Ok Carla, give it up.....six kids and you look so beautiful. What's the deal here? Combined family, is my guess, cause you can't look that beautiful and sexy with six children.

Your picture is gorgeous

You are soooo sweet!! No, Adam and I have been married for almost 22 years. We had 5 children and adopted one from Russia.

Canadian Karen Community Regular

OMG Lynne! Your neighbour from hell beats my neighbour from hell! She a few cards short of a full deck!

I am definitely thinking go the SPCA route. The fact that she does not clean up the dog poop but just covers it up, is enough for them to suspect the dogs are probably full of worms AND fleas.

In regards to the fleas, I feel for ya. Not long ago, dealt with the head lice on Rhiannon, remember? It feels like an insurmountable feat to overcome, but if you just take one day at a time, we get through it (barely, for me, anyway LOL!) You also have one MAJOR advantage over the Wicked Witch of Loo-a-ville, you have the greatest guy in the whole U.S. of A. to help in the battle.

If I were down there, I would make sure she knew the full effects of a good ole' Canadian Hockey Check! In fact, I would love to check her into next week!

Didn't get a chance to call today, but everyone's at school tomorrow, it will be easier then....

Wuv always,

Karen

CarlaB Enthusiast
OMG Lynne! Your neighbour from hell beats my neighbour from hell! She a few cards short of a full deck!

I am definitely thinking go the SPCA route. The fact that she does not clean up the dog poop but just covers it up, is enough for them to suspect the dogs are probably full of worms AND fleas.

In regards to the fleas, I feel for ya. Not long ago, dealt with the head lice on Rhiannon, remember? It feels like an insurmountable feat to overcome, but if you just take one day at a time, we get through it (barely, for me, anyway LOL!) You also have one MAJOR advantage over the Wicked Witch of Loo-a-ville, you have the greatest guy in the whole U.S. of A. to help in the battle.

If I were down there, I would make sure she knew the full effects of a good ole' Canadian Hockey Check! In fact, I would love to check her into next week!

Didn't get a chance to call today, but everyone's at school tomorrow, it will be easier then....

Wuv always,

Karen

Karen, you are as funny as Lynne!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Karen, you are as funny as Lynne!!

Naw, I can't even DREAM of being in the same league as Lynne. She's without a doubt "one of a kind"! Her Vegas descriptions are going to go down as legendary around here! LOL!

Karen

CarlaB Enthusiast
Naw, I can't even DREAM of being in the same league as Lynne. She's without a doubt "one of a kind"! Her Vegas descriptions are going to go down as legendary around here! LOL!

Karen

That's true. But I've been around long enough to remember another thread during a full moon that had me LMAO!!! I was sitting near my 18 year old daughter at the time trying to keep a straight face, then lost it when someone mentioned an Easter basket! I really can't say which was funnier. Lynne definately has a talent for seeing the funny side of something almost tragic though.

Yep. When it's a full moon, if you want to be entertained, just mozy on over to Celiac.com and the wild and crazy girls will never dissapoint! LOL! :lol:

Karen

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

You guys are bust-a-gut funny!!! Carla -- get outta here? Five kids -- all with one man (don't answer that -- just kidding!!!! :P ) and an adopted child from Russia . . . and you look like THAT???? Can you send me some water from your area or something??? Holy Crap -- you look GREAT!!

I was talking with Armetta earlier . . . our easement is 20 feet up into our yard. We have the original surveyor's blueprints, and are also going to ask the city if we can remove the sidewalk on our property since we're the ONLY house in two blocks that has a sidewalk!!! Then, we'll just knock her stupid garbage cans over!!

The ironic part of this is that she simply CAN'T fathom why on earth the doctor would think that I should be on disability . . . people in wheelchairs work all the time. She actually told this to Dave. This from the same woman that is close to 60 years old and has been on disability for 30 years because of spinal stenosis. I have spinal stenosis . . . and up until I couldn't WALK I was climbing on and off treatment tables, lifting weights with teenagers, having leapfrog contests with toddlers -- you name it!! Of course, she's out in her yard EVERY DAY that it is nice, doing all her landscaping . . . I'm VERY tempted to videotape her as she's bending over lifting all her bags of mulch, lifting her 180 pound dog into the car, all of the things that are "supposed to sever her spinal cord" if she does them, and send it off to the Social Security Administration . . . . let them get ahold of her!

While she either didn't open the door for Animal Control or they found the place O.K. (I find it hard to believe that would happen), I had not thought about the ASPCA. ESPECIALLY if I tell them that we're getting fleas because of her animals. Also, there does have to be some zoning law about how many dogs you can have here. . . We already have to pay an additional amount of money each year and have 1 million dollars worth of extra insurance if you own a pit bull. Wonder how she got past that??? Hmmmm.......

My dad thought it was hysterically funny that she called the police. I failed to see the humor in it, myself. He couldn't stop guffaw-ing long enough to actually hold a conversation. I finally told him that I would leave him to his laughter . .. . he laughed and said he'd take care of it this week for us.

Hey Karen -- you don't have an extradition treaty with the US, do you???? Just "checking" :lol::lol:

And of course, guys, I will post when it is time for another full moon . . . not so far off, as I recall . . . . .

CarlaB Enthusiast
You guys are bust-a-gut funny!!! Carla -- get outta here? Five kids -- all with one man (don't answer that -- just kidding!!!! :P ) and an adopted child from Russia . . . and you look like THAT???? Can you send me some water from your area or something??? Holy Crap -- you look GREAT!!

Yea, all with one man, in spite of Steve's theory .... you can see Adam in all the kids, well, except our kid from Russia ;) Our water isn't very good ... and you look great yourself, in spite of what you think!!

I say, move her cans to her property every day pointing out where the property line is. Then tell her that if she puts them on your property one more time, you'll assume that she's giving them to you and will put them in your garage. Do this is in a certified, return-receipt letter so that when she call the cops after you've "stolen" her trash cans, you have proof she gave them to you. You're obviously setting up a court case!

TinkerbellSwt Collaborator

I am so sorry to hear of all your troubles! I know I dont know you too well, but I feel for you with the neighbor from hell! We actually got lucky where we moved to, pretty decent neighbors.. as in they dont bother with us. I hope you get all this figured out. I cant offer any words of wisdom or advice. I just wanted you to know that you were in my thoughts.

Here is a big hug for you! ((((((((((()))))))))

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Maybe you could make some $$ off of this, too--it sounds like a terrific screenplay for a TV series ("Neighbors?")! What Mister Rogers never dreamed of...

Her Vegas descriptions are going to go down as legendary around here! LOL!

Karen

Hmmmm..... and you guys may not have the whole story . . . . . just remember: "What happens in Vegas, STAYS in Vegas." 'Nuff said. :D

Funny thing about this is, now that I am over the initial shock of Friday, my brother-in-law has been HOUNDING me to write a book about my life, because it has been so freaking WEIRD!

He tells me that his stomach hurts every time he goes back to Maryland from laughing at the stories I tell about the things that have happened to me. And the sad and/or sickening thing? I DON'T EMBELLISH THE STORIES. If nothing else, I DOWNPLAY them. And this all started EARLY in childhood . . . . . .

Maybe I can turn this whole thing into a money-making deal. If I have to be publicly humiliated by being turned into the police for an (alleged) misdemeanor over GARBAGE CANS, the LEAST that should happen is that I could get some compensation by a hefty book deal over the trials and tribulations of my peculiar life!!!!!

Okay, I hate to even post this because as you know, I think that my husband, Dave, is the greatest man in the world. He thinks that if we keep knocking over her trash cans enough, or move them up to our house, that eventually she's going to have a heart attack. I couldn't believe he said that! He said, "Let's face it . . . we couldn't get neighbors who are much worse." I know he jinxed us . . . we'd probably get people who have satanic goat sacrificing rituals or something. Or someone perky. Quite frankly, I just don't know which would be worse. I can see it now . . . some woman comes over in an apron bringing a coffee cake (that I can't even EAT), smiling like a Stepford wife, and says, in a semi-squeaky voice, "Hi! I'm Sally -- your new neighbor! My husband Joe and I would like you to have this freshly baked coffee cake!" Now THAT would be MY luck. . . .

Lynne definately has a talent for seeing the funny side of something almost tragic though.

If you had spent most of your life this way, you would have that talent too -- trust me ;)

GFBetsy Rookie
Hmmmm..... and you guys may not have the whole story . . . . . just remember: "What happens in Vegas, STAYS in Vegas." 'Nuff said. :D

Funny thing about this is, now that I am over the initial shock of Friday, my brother-in-law has been HOUNDING me to write a book about my life, because it has been so freaking WEIRD!

He tells me that his stomach hurts every time he goes back to Maryland from laughing at the stories I tell about the things that have happened to me. And the sad and/or sickening thing? I DON'T EMBELLISH THE STORIES. If nothing else, I DOWNPLAY them. And this all started EARLY in childhood . . . . . .

Maybe I can turn this whole thing into a money-making deal. If I have to be publicly humiliated by being turned into the police for an (alleged) misdemeanor over GARBAGE CANS, the LEAST that should happen is that I could get some compensation by a hefty book deal over the trials and tribulations of my peculiar life!!!!!

Do it! Do it! You've got a flair for written story-telling, that's for sure!

By the way, for those in the Louisville/Lexington area, my cousin from the area told me that she and her mom randomly came across a gluten-free bakery there. Anyone interested in the name? If so, I'll call and ask.

Heck Yes, I'm interested . . . . bring it on, sister!!!!! (As long as you PROMISE not to tell the dietician that I'm supposed to see in October because of the pre-diabetes stuff . . . . I'll just binge until then!!!!! :lol: )

GFBetsy Rookie

All right . . I'll call my aunt and ask. :D:D I probably won't post it until tomorrow, though, because my daughter is turning 4, and I've got to go make a (gluten-free, of course) pumpkin roll. mmmmm, that's good stuff.

jenvan Collaborator

Aw my Lynnie... Praying for you today. How you bear it all I don't know...faith, family, friends... Put this verse below, always an encouragement to me of what's to come and thinking of that in the midst of all the brokenness in this world... I put the NIV and the Message translations below as each gives a different perspective I find interesting. Love you friend.

Romans 8:19-23 (NIV)

19The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. 20For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21that[a] the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.

22We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.

Romans 8:19-23 (Message)

18-21That's why I don't think there's any comparison between the present hard times and the coming good times. The created world itself can hardly wait for what's coming next. Everything in creation is being more or less held back. God reins it in until both creation and all the creatures are ready and can be released at the same moment into the glorious times ahead. Meanwhile, the joyful anticipation deepens.

22-25All around us we observe a pregnant creation. The difficult times of pain throughout the world are simply birth pangs. But it's not only around us; it's within us. The Spirit of God is arousing us within. We're also feeling the birth pangs. These sterile and barren bodies of ours are yearning for full deliverance. That is why waiting does not diminish us, any more than waiting diminishes a pregnant mother. We are enlarged in the waiting. We, of course, don't see what is enlarging us. But the longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy.

. Or someone perky. Quite frankly, I just don't know which would be worse. I can see it now . . . some woman comes over in an apron bringing a coffee cake (that I can't even EAT), smiling like a Stepford wife, and says, in a semi-squeaky voice, "Hi! I'm Sally -- your new neighbor! My husband Joe and I would like you to have this freshly baked coffee cake!" Now THAT would be MY luck. . . .

If you had spent most of your life this way, you would have that talent too -- trust me ;)

Ouch. OUCH! OUCH!! :blink: When our new neighbors were moving in across the street two years ago, I brought them freshly baked gluteny brownies and a pitcher of lemonade.... :rolleyes:

Heck Yes, I'm interested . . . . bring it on, sister!!!!! (As long as you PROMISE not to tell the dietician that I'm supposed to see in October because of the pre-diabetes stuff . . . . I'll just binge until then!!!!! :lol: )

Oh, oh. :o

Well, let's see then, the package that I just mailed out to you today needs to be sent right back to me without opening it, because I don't think that chocolate cake mix, white cake mix and lemon cake mix are allowed on a diabetes diet........

I will expect it back in about two weeks....... ;):D:P

Hugglies!

Karen

mouse Enthusiast

I agree with GFBetty about the book. I have been nagging you about writing one for sometime. You have a natural flair. Besides, because of the LV trip, I would be in your book LOL. My moment in fame.

Metta --- Fame or Infamy?????? :lol::lol:

Fiddle-Faddle -- Please tell me that your hair wasn't perfect, you didn't have on perfect make-up and donning an apron? It would simply CRUSH me to know that you were perky!!!!! (Besides that, I'd have to take my size 12 foot ---- Yes, I said size 12 ----- everybody get over it ----- out of my size 48 mouth!)

Karen --- I'll be sending those mixes in a return package soon . . . yeah, that's it . . . soon. Very soon. Just keep watching that mailbox ;)

Jen -- you're a sweetie-pie. (pronounced "paaahhh" not "piey") See . . . these people are already sabotaging my combined healthy-living plan. I can't even call you something nice without it referring to FOOD! Seriously, thank you, friend.

Which cake should I bake first . . . . . .

we can't get any good white cake mixes like y'all get up there . . . . . . .

Dave likes lemon -- yeah, right -- like he's going to be able to pry any from my hands!

Just remember -- if I DO write my book, I have TONS of trash on EACH and EVERY one of you -- remember that! (And, after the meeting with the dietician, all sweet-treat bribes accepted)

Love & Hugs,

Lynne

xxxooo :D

Fiddle-Faddle -- Please tell me that your hair wasn't perfect, you didn't have on perfect make-up and donning an apron? It would simply CRUSH me to know that you were perky!!!!! (Besides that, I'd have to take my size 12 foot ---- Yes, I said size 12 ----- everybody get over it ----- out of my size 48 mouth!)

Rest easy, Lynne--I'm lucky if I comb my hair after I get out of the shower in the morning, and I have almost convinced myself that my white hairs are actually highlights.

As for makeup--don't have any, so I don't need to check for gluten! I admit to feeling a pang of wanting to look like the post-makover gals on "What Not To Wear" after the hair-and-makeup segment of the show, but then reality sets in. If I had to put on makeup and style my hair in the morning, I would either look like Bozo the clown, or I would never get out of the house until noon. I get up at 6:20 as it is. I refuse to get up earlier to slap chemicals on my face!

The number of formerly decent shirts in my close that are permanently stained with ketchup, cocoa powder, curry, etc. are a testament to the fact that I can never remember to put on an apron (even though I do have one).

Is it possible to be perky and frumpy concurrently?

Archived