Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Banana Chips

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if banana chips are typically gluten free?

Our cafeteria at work always has a bunch of candy, trail mix, banana chips, etc. by the register and I always consider getting them but don't know if they're safe.

I could probably ask the brand and to see the ingredients but figured I'd see if anyone here eats them.

Ads by Google:

I've ate dried mango, apricots, apples, and pineapples and I've been fine. But havent ate the banana chips. Probably is though, but you might want to double check.

I went grocery shopping yesterday and saw banana chips out with the fresh peanut butter. That just sounds sooo yummy to me!! I didn't get any because I didn't know if the banana chips were safe though.

Good question!!

Does anyone know if banana chips are typically gluten free?

Our cafeteria at work always has a bunch of candy, trail mix, banana chips, etc. by the register and I always consider getting them but don't know if they're safe.

I could probably ask the brand and to see the ingredients but figured I'd see if anyone here eats them.

i think they probably are its just the where and how they are packaged whick makes them a bit dodgy. i was eating them but would get bloated tummy afterwards, then i looked at the packageing and it read, " made and packaged in a factory where gluten and wheat products are manufactured and packaged" or some silly stuff like that. love nana chips, i miss them. :ph34r:

We sell them in our store and I have eaten them before because there was nothing with gluten listed on the label and did not have any tummy troubles BUT, I keep a daily diet journal and noticed that whenever I would eat them within a day or two my knees would really hurt. I do not know if one has anything to do with the other but it really seemed ironic to me.

Most of them are not just bananas, they are sweetened, so I guess you'd have to know what's in them and it probably varies from company to company.

I eat them like popcorn! I bought a tub of them when I was less paranoid about cross contamination and I guess I got lucky. The brand is "Homa" and they come in a plastic tub. Have never had a reaction to them and I am extremely sensitive (lucky me :D ).

Like Carla said: pretty much bananas and sugar. Yummy!