This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Bath And Body Works

lindalee

lindalee Enthusiast

A friend gave me some products from Bath and Body Works for my birthday-Does anyone use any particular product from there they could recommend? Going to the mall today.. (Cucumber Melon anti-bacterial moisturizing hand soap?) It looks ok.

Used to go in there alot until I went gluten-free since I am not sure about their products.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ursa Major Collaborator

I have read here several times that products from Bath and Body Works are not gluten-free. I can't be sure, just don't use any of it, or buy more, until somebody answers who can give you a definitive answer!

Guhlia Rising Star

I was told by B&BW that they would clearly label any gluten. Their lotions clearly label oat flour. I would call the 1-800 number and ask, but this used to be their policy last time I checked.

Most of the lotions are NOT gluten free. They contain oat flour. I don't know about any of the shampoos or makeup. I think most of the regular body washes are gluten free, not the body creams. The antibacterial soaps all look gluten free, even the moisturizing ones. The body sprays all look gluten free. I use all of those without trouble. Even some of the body butters appear gluten free.

ebrbetty Rising Star

I use the body wash everyday, it does have oats but I'm not planning on eating it :P

they will list wheat etc right on the bottle

celiacgirls Apprentice

I don't shop there like I used to but I am still using some of their things. Mostly things that I already had that didn't have any suspicious ingredients. I haven't called them but remember reading somewhere that they would list anything. FWIW, I haven't reacted to the moisturizing antibacterial hand soap. My head burns if I use shampoo with wheat in it and then itches for several days so I know I do react gluten on my skin.

ebrbetty Rising Star

I just remembered I emailed them a few months ago..saved the email, here it is, hope this helps :D

Dear Elizabeth,

Thank you for e-mailing us. It's wonderful to have customers like you who want to know more about Bath & Body Works and the products and services we offer.

Please contact us at the number listed below so that we can better answer your questions about gluten and which products you are concerned with. Below is a list of the genus species names which include gluten and are listed on all of our products.

Gluten Includes:

Wheat or any ingredients containing the genus species name Triticum Vulgare

Oat or any ingredients containing the genus species name Avena Sativa

Barley or any ingredients containing the genus species name Hordeum Distichon

Rye or any ingredients containing the genus species name Secale Cereale

Soy or any ingredients containing the genus species name Glycine Soja

lindalee Enthusiast

Thank you everybody!!! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ebrbetty Rising Star
:D your welcome, glad I saved the email
Guest ~jules~

That is really good to know, my house is riddled with their products, lotions, cremes, hand soaps, and wall flowers although I doubt the wall flowers could gluten you :D

Guest Norah022
I use the body wash everyday, it does have oats but I'm not planning on eating it :P

they will list wheat etc right on the bottle

I am the same exact way...Have been using it for years and it doesnt bother me in the least.

I have to physically eat it for it to affect me and I have no plans in the distant future to eat my body wash despite how yummy it smells. :P

chewymom Rookie
I am the same exact way...Have been using it for years and it doesnt bother me in the least.

I have to physically eat it for it to affect me and I have no plans in the distant future to eat my body wash despite how yummy it smells. :P

I dunno...that Vanilla Bean stuff smells awfully yummy! :D

lindalee Enthusiast

Everything in there smells good! From what I could tell the lotions I looked at had gluten but not the creams. Used to buy the tranquil sleep but they don't have that anymore. Since I am always eating, I don't want to put gluten especially on my hands- which is usually where I put it most.

I like that Restoration Hardware "Beach House"- I think that is gluten-free but not sure. ;)

Archived