Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Avoiding Casein

5 posts in this topic

Is there a list somewhere of things to avoid when avoiding casein. I know the basics.. but are there as many things to look for as there are when avoiding gluten? I'm pretty sure the casein is my problem. I tried Lactaid and still got sick.

Ads by Google:

Lactaid only helps you consume LACTOSE (milk sugar) without symptoms, not CASEIN (milk protein) which you must avoid. :o The gfcfdiet website at www.gfcfdiet.com lists foods and ingredients to avoid. They also publish a mainstream product shopping guide as well as list of nondairy calcium containing foods and mystery ingredients (possibly containing casein) to avoid. :)

BURDEE

Thanks alot Burdee. The Lactaid was my own little test before going to the doctor.

I have one of the gluten-free/cf product guides and I highly recommend it to anyone who needs to avoid gluten and casein. My three kids and I follow the gluten-free/cf diet and although it is a challenge, it is certainly worth the effort. We are all doing a lot better in regards to our health.

God bless,

Mariann

Be aware that so-called non-dairy creamers often contain sodium caseinate. Casein is the protein in milk that bothers us. Non-dairy creamers bother me. I switched to Silk brank soy creamer and it hits the spot.