1 reply to this topic

#1 Tay

Tay

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 04:21 AM

Since being diagnosed, I have become more sensitive to wine, especially white wine. This is sad as wine tasting is one of my favorite things to do. I can drink 2 glasses of red over the course of a night with dinner and usually have no problems. However, the other night I had a single glass of chardonay and had an elevated heart rate for the rest of the night, had trouble falling asleep, had a headache and sore shoulders the entire next day, and developed a terrible headache by the next night. Could this be due to sulfites and is it in any way realted to B-12 deficiency?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_cassidy_*

Guest_cassidy_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2006 - 01:32 PM

I don't have an answer for you but I can't drink wine now either. If I have a glass I get the worst headache the next day - as if I drank a bottle or two. I can drink liquor just fine, in fact more than I could before going gluten-free. I can have 3-4 vodka drinks and wake up the next morning feeling fine. I have no idea why I can't drink wine now. I don't have any vitamin deficiencies and I'm very healthy, so I don't think that is the reason for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: