This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

jerseyangel Proficient

So anyway....I need to go out and get a few things (cards, groceries) and it's pouring. It literally never rains here, and the one day I have things to do, the sky opens up :o

Well, I guess we do need the water..... :rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mtndog Collaborator

Em....you just made ME cry :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Jess- How you holding up?? Is it still 101?

nikki-uk Enthusiast
sooooo...

Emily's bawling

'Manda and I aren't stinky

Janet's still avoiding housework

Bawling, non-stinky housework avoiding????........that's my day summed up nicely :huh:

Emuhlee :wub:

Some semblance of a summeresque evening here :unsure:

jerseyangel Proficient

Summeresque :rolleyes: Sounds so romantically European :rolleyes: <sigh>

Hee! So I go to the store between the raindrops. I'm thinking this is actually the way to go since at least there's no blazing sun to contend wif. I'm pheeling pretty good enjoying the sultry but bearable air, and as I get to the car, trying to protect the bag with the cards and my magazine :P , I drop the big bag and the yogurt goes one way, the spaghetti squash rolls under the car next to me and the bag of walnuts is just laying there on the wet pavement. :huh:

I open the car door, of course now the rain is coming down harder and my whole seat gets wet while I load what I have on my arm and try to retrieve the stuff from the ground :angry:

It was really kinda funny, when you think about it B)

I got home just in time, though--it's so dark I had to turn on the light--looks like a stormy afternoon :D

Darn210 Enthusiast

Goat Trees . . . but first, did anyone remember that we talked about goat trees??

Hey! I didn't know they climbed TREES!

http://www.oddee.com/_media/imgs/articles/a126_goat1.webp

:lol::lol:

They didn't cimb that tree, silly!!! That is a goat tree . . . that's where goats come from . . . sheeesh!!!

I, for one, think that a goat tree in Emily's yard would be a wonderful addtion!!!

Jestgar Rising Star
It was really kinda funny, when you think about it B)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Even without thinking about it

Darn210 Enthusiast

Ummmm . . . then there was a lag . . . and the conversation picked up again from here . . .

Well, maybe if you saw Open Original Shared Link before she puts her makeup on in the morning . . . just kiddin' Em. By the way, I did not realize that the chupacabra was also known as a GOAT SUCKER. Now that really puts me into a quandry . . . If I get a goat tree, won't that just be attracking the chupacabras to my yard?? Do the sell anti-chupacabra spray to protect your goat trees??

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient
Goat Trees . . . but first, did anyone remember that we talked about goat trees??

I, for one, think that a goat tree in Emily's yard would be a wonderful addtion!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I had phorgotten all about that! I think we were joking about goats and pictures and things.....so of course it followed that they should grow on trees B):lol:

Boy, you're good, Jan-it, especially considering you're up to yer elbows in gogurt and popsicles :P

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Jess- dont know about your weather but it is downpouring here.....so much for the nice cool weather and enjoying it....:P My friends and I had outdoor plans tonight....

Tis very nice to be able to stretch at work and not make yourself looking you are trying out for the Sure/Unsure commerical.

My new computer monitor is on it's way up to my office!!!!

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Well, maybe if you saw HER before she puts her makeup on in the morning . . . just kiddin' Em. By the way, I did not realize that the chupacabra was also known as a GOAT SUCKER. Now that really puts me into a quandry . . . If I get a goat tree, won't that just be attracking the chupacabras to my yard?? Do the sell anti-chupacabra spray to protect your goat trees??

AttRacking chupacabras?? <_<

Don't you just hate that when that happens?

Boy, you're good, Jan-it, especially considering you're up to yer elbows in gogurt and popsicles :P

You are indeed Gian-kneet :lol: ..... but WIH's a Gogurt??...and should I (as a Brit) spell that GogHurt??? :unsure:

Darn210 Enthusiast
You are indeed Gian-kneet :lol: ..... but WIH's a Gogurt??...

yogurt in a tube . . . wif extra dye and artificial flavoUrs to make them more attractive to chidlins

. . . and should I (as a Brit) spell that GogHurt??? :unsure:

ummmm . . . :unsure: . . . yes???

:lol:

Mtndog Collaborator
Bawling, non-stinky housework avoiding????........that's my day summed up nicely :huh:

Nik....I think we're in sliding doors.........

Em- GET THEE A GOAT TREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

<----------------I tame chupacabras (actually I raise them :lol: and live with them <_< ). If anyone starts sucking your goats, you call me! ;):lol: :lol: :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
<----------------I tame chupacabras (actually I raise them :lol: and live with them <_< ).

:D Me sweet cyber puppy, Angus!!! :D

Sliding Doors....the movie? Really liked that one.

Darn210 Enthusiast
I had phorgotten all about that! I think we were joking about goats and pictures and things.....so of course it followed that they should grow on trees B):lol:

I believe it all started with the phrase . . . The goat is the new yeti . . . or sumptin like that . . . from Thom??? . . . or was it talking about gluten-free meaning goat-free . . . who knows . . . and I'm not going back to find out!!! . . . OK . . . well, maybe later.

Play date is over. Peanut allergy girl is also allergic to dogs and of course Jo-dog is so dog-gone-cute (so is your Angus chupacabra, btw, Bev) that she couldn't help petting her and then I would tell her to wash her hands and I would get an eye-roll - not the really good one reserved for parents - just the "Oh mannnnn, she saw me touch the dog again!!!" eye-roll.

Alrighty then, Skeeter's now off for a sleep-over (that girl is majorly over-scheduled, someone should talk to her mother!!) and then it will be about time for Smakcl to go to Tae Kwon Do.

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Morning all! :)

Pinch, punch, first day of the month!!!!!!!!!

Hoping Leesah's daughter's wedding day goes off without a hitch (no rain!!) :D

curlyfries Contributor
Pinch, punch, first day of the month!!!!!!!!!

.........and what a day it is!

No rain expected :D Temperatures in the low 80's :D:D

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

No rain for the wedding!!!!

We are hoping to leave soon to go back to my parents...although the fog is out and I read about dense fog advisories until 9am...although they said fog should be breaking up around sunrise.... Patti can agree with me nothing is worse than I-81 in the fog!!!

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend!!!!!

Darn210 Enthusiast

Leesuh!!!! WIH are you doing on here???!!!! Don't you have anything you're suppose to be doing??? If you've got that much free time, come over and help clean . . . in-laws due to arrive in about two hours!!!

Hope everything goes smoothly today . . . and have fun!! . . . and btw, what ended up being "blue"?

jerseyangel Proficient

A true sillie--checking in on her daughter's wedding day! :lol: Sounds like perfect weather for a perfect day--enjoy! :D

We are hoping to leave soon to go back to my parents...although the fog is out and I read about dense fog advisories until 9am...although they said fog should be breaking up around sunrise.... Patti can agree with me nothing is worse than I-81 in the fog!!!

True dat about I-81. We'd always hit the blasted phog when traveling up to Syracuse.

Have a safe trip and a great time wif yer parents. :)

Happy Saturday, sills! The rain has moved out and we're expecting our normal hot, sunny weather. B) Will be going out to see the house later--it actually looks like a house now wif a roof, windows and framed walls :D

Jestgar Rising Star

Chilly day expected here....81...

My house is finally below 70.

Mtndog Collaborator

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Wedding Day! Bring your kleenex............. :wub: :wub: :wub: and may you dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jess- yay- no more 101 degrees for you!

Well, we had quite an exciting day here yesterday. They "think" (my neighbor saw it) a tornado ripped down our street and several near us. We had a "microburst" last summer but this time there was a twirling cloud. You should see our backyard....... a over 100 year old tree split in half and landed smack on the tool shed (9fell back- away from the house- thank God). Kurt slept through it :huh: :huh: and I was in the supermarket.

When I turned onto our street I almost pooped.........trees everywhere......obstacle course. Our fence is trashed, tool shed gone (neighbor annoyed- yeah- like it's OUR fault- because three large branches landed in his yard).

So glad it fell the other way........this way and it would have taken out the bedroom Kurt was asleep in!

Pics here: Open Original Shared Link

elye Community Regular

Happy Wedding Day, Leeeeesargh! :) Hope everything is magical. My nephew gets married today, as well... . . ......some happiness to follow what has become an agonizing couple of weeks.

Tornadoes, Bevel?? :o

I think it's my dad.... . . .....now that he's up there, he's planning on shakin' us all up a bit. . . ........ .hang onto yerselves. ..........

:rolleyes:

:)

Darn210 Enthusiast

Holy Smores Bev!!! Glad you guys are OK . . . and the house, too. Tool Shed gone, huh . . . hmmmmm . . . lots of potential with that line, but I'll just let it go.

jerseyangel Proficient
So glad it fell the other way........this way and it would have taken out the bedroom Kurt was asleep in!

Pics here: Open Original Shared Link

Holy Toledo Bev! :o Thankphul youse guys are ok :)

My nephew gets married today, as well... . . ......some happiness to follow what has become an agonizing couple of weeks.

Glad for a bit of happiness for your family, Em. You're on my mind a lot :)

Tool Shed gone, huh . . . hmmmmm . . . lots of potential with that line, but I'll just let it go.

Aw....that would have been so much phun..... :P

mushroom Proficient

Happy wedding day Leesuh, and Em. Fair skies to you both.

Yeah, imagine a whole shed full of tools, an appropriate one for every occasion :lol:

Em, tell your dad to behave hisselph, we don't need any psillies attacked by phlying trees, especially when tools are threatened.

Archived