This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Jestgar Rising Star

I'm makin' ASCII ferryboats in my java class :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
celiac-mommy Collaborator
I'm makin' ASCII ferryboats in my java class :D

Have you tried the trains? I'm not that talented but they're pretty cool!!

I'm headed to Bellingham on a road trip with my mama tonight. I'll wave to ya from across the bay. My sister lived on Orcas for a few years. She was a councelor for Camp Orkila. I never got a chance to visit her, but I hear it's sooooo beautiful!! (not sure which island you're on ;) )

ranger Enthusiast

Petraviovich Illnya Sawyerlastolstoy

Can't speak for the rest of the Ruskins ( none of us can) and can't speak for meself. As none of us can. The coasts are beautifyl, but the mid earth is lacking in geografical intuition. Butt, peops living in the US, do you know that the east end will soon be flooded and the west end will slide into the sea? The only place that will be saved will be Canton, Ohio, because it has the Phootball Hall of Fame, And God loves foozeball. My evil twin, the capitolust, lives there! And, I live in the Gulag.

Both ugly. Both saved.

I hope to write the great Rushin novel

"Warts and Pheats".

By Sluziyinski Iranianv Toiletstoy.

ps. Can I use the pic of yer feets? and yor boobs for the book "Crimes and Puberty" ?

by Slutvanolski Dooserevski.

pps. No one living in Cannadda will survive the impending doom. So, slease, send me pics post haste!

Darn210 Enthusiast

Snoozen . . . :lol::lol::lol:

Judee . . . YaY!!!

Peeps, starting to feel a little under the weather. Flu has been hitting hard here. Some school closures due to high absentee rates. I'm hoping it's just my hypochondria flaring up but I shall go to bed early tonight!!!

Been very very busy and very very unsilly but I've been reading along. :D

Jestgar Rising Star

Spent yesterday evening demo'ing somebody's basement. A friend of a friend. Serious physical labor. Felt pretty good.

This morning slept later than usual, raced off for a massage (noticing that Lyle looked a little off), came back, decided Lyle was too off to 'wait and see' Called the vet, they said bring 'em in (what does it mean that not only did I not get an 'emergency surcharge', I didn't even get charged for the office visit. D'ya think I've paid my way into gold card service?) Anyway, his jaw is infected. Got antibiotics. The point of this story being

I'm just now having coffee

Criminy

just so ya don't feel too sorry for me, I'm also having bacon

and bailey's:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

psawyer Proficient

Coffee, bacon & Baileys covers three important food groups: caffeine, fat and alcohol. Bon apetit! :lol: :lol:

Hoping Lyle feels better quickly.

jerseyangel Proficient

Best wishes to Lyle for a speedy recovery :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

JNBunnie1 Community Regular
Holy Cow! Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize! :o

I know!!! I thought you had to have done something to win the prize, not promised to do something..... Huh....

Hey Manda!! Name the time n place, we'll send some lovin vibes yer way!

Rasheell, WHERE did you get those little huggy smileys?!!?? They're SO CUTE!!!!

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Hey Everyone

I just baked some brownie cookie bars--mix Betty crocker cookies and brownies...yummy!

I also got this cool recipe to try from Chex.com for favorite chicken nuggets. I am excited!

How is everyone today?

ranger Enthusiast

An unbusy Saturday. DD went out o'her way to bring me new patches so I could continue being a non-smoker. That surely is love! And, she's 3/4 Irish witch explains a lot of kindness. Glutened meself today being just plain STUPID. Because I'm all Irish. We just like what we like. My evil Rushin twin is way too smart to ever do that.

Jagnut - I hope you feel better.

Jessness - I hope Lyle is OK.

Petravonasilli, the 3 major food groups, according to my Way stupid iRish Antler-ego in an x-mail she sent me today, are as fallows:

1. Potatoes

2. Chocolat

3. Baileys

Of course, we, born Nort of the Ballsacks, are usually listless, but here's the list.

1. Vodka

2. Vodka

3. Vodka

It's all in the rotational rate of the moon explosions.

Isleezacilli von Blankob%$@#.

Darn210 Enthusiast
Of course, we, born Nort of the Ballsacks, are usually listless, but here's the list.

1. Vodka

2. Vodka

3. Vodka

It's all in the rotational rate of the moon explosions.

Isleezacilli von Blankob%$@#.

Whot?? . . . :huh: . . . a rotation diet of Vodka . . . Vodka . . . and . . . Vodka? How does that work eggsactly??

:lol:

Jyes' bacon, coffee, and bailey's . . . sounds good to me. (Hope Liol starts "looking on" real soon!)

Psills, I made the pumpkin muffin/cupcakes posted in the recipe area . . . seriously yummy. I got an "OMGosh" out of Skeeter with an eye roll.

Also, feeling about the same as last night which means it's just a cold . . . I'm OK with that because there's a lot of flu around here and I'd just as soon not go there.

Sloozen . . . we are majorly proud of you stickin' wif the smoke-free thang . . . no go have a vodka and celebrate!!

Jestgar Rising Star

Lyle 'n me have the mattress pad turned up to high and are snuggled in. I just spent three hours on my homework! :o :o

Dangitall! This is a freshman level class. What happened to coddling the nations chidlins and all that? Three hours a week is just too much!

elye Community Regular

OMG . ... . ... .. ... .. ..I cannot believe how much I am eating. :ph34r::ph34r: .....Um, and drinking.... . .

This seems to happen when I'm out of province, in a new, exciting place.....

Blood sugars? Whot blood sugars? <_<

:rolleyes:

At least I'm running along the Atlantic shore each morning. Hungover, and full of incredible food.....but I'm runnin'. . . . . ...

flourgirl Apprentice
How do you tell when it's ready to be picked. Mine is going crazy but I haven't picked any yet. Some of the older ones have lost their pale stripes and are now a solid color whereas the smaller/newer ones still have light green stripes. The stem is still green...This is my 1st garden :o I've learned SOOOO much this year-especially not to grow watermelons where people can easily steal them!!!! <_<

A solid tan color indicates they are ready. So does die-back of the vines, or the vines near the squash turning brown. Cure them by drying (warm, dry place :P ) for 10-14 days. When the skin is too hard to easily puncture with a fangernail, they are ready to store. I cooked some ahead to freeze for easy fixin'...but they are not hard to fix anyway. Been looking up recipes for soups, breads, any way I can find to use them up! Still sucks big ones about the watermelons. Rotten fieves! :angry:

Jgest....hope Lyle crocodile feels better soon! How nice ..he's got you to snuggle and commiserate with. On a heated mattress pad, no less!

GJagnet....hope your cold only has a short visit. So glad it's not the flew! Seems it's already hittin' pretty hard in lots of places. Miserable stuff!

Hey ho to ever'body else!

Jestgar Rising Star

D'yall know that bacon makes you full for a really really long time? Barely have room for wine and it's been, like, 8 hours or sump'n.

curlyfries Contributor
D'yall know that bacon makes you full for a really really long time? Barely have room for wine and it's been, like, 8 hours or sump'n.

Hmmm......zactly how much bacon are we talking about, Jyess??? :unsure:

Jestgar Rising Star
Hmmm......zactly how much bacon are we talking about, Jyess??? :unsure:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey! We're talkin' a once a year treat!

I may have over-indulged a bit..... :unsure: :unsure:

Jess I love your little Halloweem kitty ;)

Hi Sillies Happy Sunday and to our Canadian Sillies Happy Pre-Thanksgiving Day I am so jealous, Thanksgiving is my fave holiday!

not sure what we are doing today but it looks cool out.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

hi all

hardly time to even read anymore but still try

16 days till we're in a motel with the packing done HOPEFULLY

i mean that's my date who knows what the real date will be as we haven't had time to re connect about the move........getting rid of more stuff

My chiro will take our queen platform bed with 12 drawers for storage uner it

it's really nice with a head board with reading lites but

weighs a TON OR 2 :lol:

MUST KEEP PACKING

HUGS ALL AND PAT TO LYLE

ranger Enthusiast

Another slow day in the Hinterlands. DH hurt his back takin the AC out of the window, so not doin anythink for awhile.

Jess, I want that matress warmer! It's cold in hear, ya here?

Juuude, are you driving to Ca? Stopping at the Grand Canyoun? We went via train a few years ago. It was awesome -you won't be dissappointed.

And, Em, where are you wit all that eatin and drinkin?

And, where is anyone! I feel so alone today, what wit crippled up old husband (he's 10 years younger than me - yud never know). (Don't tell him I said that)!

I gotta go cook sumptin.....cookin is my therapy, and boy do I need it.

Susan

nikki-uk Enthusiast
hi all

hardly time to even read anymore but still try

16 days till we're in a motel with the packing done HOPEFULLY

i mean that's my date who knows what the real date will be as we haven't had time to re connect about the move........getting rid of more stuff

My chiro will take our queen platform bed with 12 drawers for storage uner it

it's really nice with a head board with reading lites but

weighs a TON OR 2 :lol:

MUST KEEP PACKING

HUGS ALL AND PAT TO LYLE

HURRAH!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

SO glad you and Jim are finally moving!!!!!

Well now, sorry for my absence ..... have been completely pole-axed by a crippling headache (migraine?) with vomiting (sorry! :ph34r: )...temperature etc...etc

I thought it had passed....and even went out Friday night (I really didn't want to let me girlfriends down)... took painkillers and anti-nausea tabs to get me through....but HOLY COW it's back with a vengeance....comes and goes :unsure:

So haven't caught up - apologies!....hope y'all ok ;)

think I'll shuffle off to bed soon with me trusty bucket by my side :rolleyes:

Well I decided to take an impromptu trip to Tammys today. Now that she is at her new house she only is 1 hr away in Hazleton. All the leaves are changing up there, very scenic trip up. Loved spending the day with my neices. We put together a Little Tikes jungle gym thing in her playroom for the winter.

Now its off to the grocery store so I can make dinner. I am starving!

celiac-mommy Collaborator

In the car on the way back to Portland. Was supposed to be such a fun weekend, right before we got to my brothers house, he got a call that his mil had passed away. 2 weeks after her cancer diagnosis. Was very sudden :( My mom and I tried to make the best of the time we were together. Had us some martini's and wine and came clean about our first experiences with weed-I musta been drunk!!

Anyways, we're taking him to Tacoma on our way back to inlaws house. Hopefully the rest of the day will be a happy one!

Hope y'all had a great weekend!

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
DH hurt his back takin the AC out of the window, so not doin anythink for awhile.

Juuude, are you driving to Ca? Stopping at the Grand Canyoun? We went via train a few years ago. It was awesome -you won't be dissappointed.

cookin is my therapy, and boy do I need it.

Susan

hOPE HUBBY'S BACK IS BETTER

woops....these caps

best to rest.

Yes, forget the route we're taking

spending one nite in Motel at the south rim of Canon

only place we have to board Velcro.....

we are taking 12-13 days to drive.

will give you stops after i get more packing done.

thanks for asking.

HURRAH!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

SO glad you and Jim are finally moving!!!!!

Well now, sorry for my absence ..... have been completely pole-axed by a crippling headache (migraine?) with vomiting (sorry! :ph34r: )...temperature etc...etc

I thought it had passed....and even went out Friday night (I really didn't want to let me girlfriends down)... took painkillers and anti-nausea tabs to get me through....but HOLY COW it's back with a vengeance....comes and goes :unsure:

So haven't caught up - apologies!....hope y'all ok ;)

think I'll shuffle off to bed soon with me trusty bucket by my side :rolleyes:

Thanks Niki

so sorry your sick. Sounds like something i had maybe 4 weeks ago

hope and pray it passes faster than SOON. :(

aNOTHER PRETTY DAY HERE IN PA

Yesterday i took the frigging sign down from the house and laid on ground

she never put sold on it.

so.............don't want it up as people are still stopping to ask about the house

several friends stopped by to see us as we missed the block party

guess all he old gang i would have wanted to see wasn't there any way

we used to have such a great time.

all the older folk, new neighbors who moved in

guess the UP SCALE MEGA MANSIONS like to party different than us.

mostly little kids.

we'd have BBQ grills, tons of main dishes, deserts.........booze..............bands

all were dancing till the wee hours.

now it's 1-4 in the afternoon and all little kids

times change as i'm sure learning.

Change is good :lol: did i really say that :o

See I'm looking forward B)

no more back ward thinking or looking.

better think of cooking

sure wish i was like Susan and like to cook esp to relax.

makes me nervous to cook........HATE IT.......... :ph34r:

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just wanted to poop in, say hello and wish everyone a TGIF/happy weekend!

WAS SO GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE

LOVE YOUR NEW AVATAR.

YOU ARE GETTING SO SKINNY

GLAD YOUR ON LINE TEACHING IS GOING WELL AND YOU ENJOY IT

CONGRATS GIRLFRIEND

WHERE'S sUSIE????

Archived