This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

flourgirl Apprentice

Hey! Juuude! Sounds like all good news. Yeah, things are changing as we are all getting older, and everyone around us seems to get younger. Why is that? Anyway...I believe we are soul sisters.....love of flowers and playing in the dirt, gardens....I hate cooking too! Probably the worst thing about this diet in the increase in kitchen activity! Too poor to hire someone else to do it :( Telehubby claims to like cooking......wish he'd do more of it. :D

Nik-a-nik....sorry to hear that you're pheeling so bad! Most of us in my family get migraines...no phun a'tall. Get better soon.

Guess it's the weekend...always seems a bit slower here then. Hope everybodees doin' all rite. Sloozan is cooking up a storm (no snoaugh please). Send some phood here....if you got some extra.

Manda-Ville.....sorry about your troubles. My heart goes out to you all.

Later.....Tea

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elye Community Regular

Well, I is back. My ears are completely blocked and sore -- a rather tumultuous, bumpy, turbulence-ridden flight. No one cleaned up 'round here in me absence. I have all of my laundry AND all of theirs to do. :angry:

Man, I just wanna go back to where I was. The ocean, no little people to listen to, clean up or feed.... . . ...'twas heaven.. .. . <_<

Feel better, Nik! Sorry about your loss, Rachelle ... ... . ..

And thinking about Lyle . ....um, or is it Lefty? :unsure: .. . . . ...

Where is Pahteee? And Soooozle? And Jyaghnutt's back, but haven't seen much of her. . . . ......

ranger Enthusiast

It sounds like a downer weekend for a lot. Let me tell you about my train trip.

It started in Alliance, Ohio at 1 am. Couldn't sleep before cause I have sleeping problems (no biggy, light sleeper). Boarded an Amtrack train. Sat in the lounge car all night talking to my Grandson and smokin. God, the good old days when you could actually smoke in public, and thank God, they're gone. Pulled into Union Station in Chicago at 8 am. Spent the day doing tourist thing - Sears Tower, Art Insitute, ect. Boarded train at about 8 pm. The Cresent city. On our way to "The Big Easy".

The party started on the train. We ran into a group of travelors from Australia (they were wild and crazy guys) and a Rastifarian. We partied with them all night! Landed in NO the next morning, really tanked! Spent 2 days in NO.... Ate at Emerel's, I danced with a young punk guy, ate Alligator, and I GOT BEADS! And, a huge hangover!

Boarded train again. Goin to the Grand Canyon. After a train ride via El Paso. to Phoenix, we embarked at 3 am. The Australians were on the same train! Got a hotel room for 4 hours, took a shower and a nap, and headed back to the train station. There were the Aussies! They had spent the night in a bar and were heading for points west. They were all drunk! We got on a train to Flagstaff, and then a bus to the Grand Canyon.

It was AWSOME! Had a cabn, and spent 2 days there. Grandson got a hell of a sunburn on his earlobes. Grandaughter lost 12 lbs.

Back on the bus, then train to LA. Up the coast to San Fran, where both my son and sis live. Stayed first night in San Fran, and then spent 4 days with my sister in Pittsburg, Ca. In SF my Grandaughter turned 13. On Pier 54, I arranged a steel drum band to play happy b-day to her, and for my sis (who has a great voice) to sing "Bad Boys". One night, I made potatoe encrusted salmon and spinach salad at her house. We ate at a couple of great restuarants, and had a picnic of sandwiches and Corona on the Bay. We ate at an Ahgan restuarant in the " Haight"

Back on the train for a grueling 3-day trip back home. By this time, I was so sick of my granchilden that I never wanted to see them again! Got over that.

I'm ready for another road trip,

but this time, I won't take the Grandkids!

Susan

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Sillies! Exciting Day for celiacs!

Wegmans makes gluten free tomato soup, cream of mushroom, butternut squash, and something else..labeled with the famous G. I am excited about the first two esp. the mushroom since now I can make green bean casserole again!!!!

elye Community Regular
Wegmans makes gluten free tomato soup, cream of mushroom, butternut squash, and something else..labeled with the famous G. I am excited about the first two esp. the mushroom since now I can make green bean casserole again!!!!

Wow!

I wanna Weggies in Canada!

psawyer Proficient
Wow!

Me too!

curlyfries Contributor
Well now, sorry for my absence ..... have been completely pole-axed by a crippling headache (migraine?) with vomiting (sorry! :ph34r: )...temperature etc...etc

Nik......this does not sound good! :unsure:

Have you been to the doctor?

makes me nervous to cook........HATE IT.......... :ph34r:

I hate it too, Judee......but what can ya do? <_<

Hey, Amanda!!!! Were those soups condensed? That's my biggest problem with recipes that have cream soups.

No Wegman's here, though.

Souzun.......your trip sounds awesome!!! I absolutely hate car trips, but I think I would love a vacation on a train.

GAWD!.......I never get to go anywhere! :(

Hubby decided he wanted to be a pirate for Halloween, so we picked up some stuff at garage sales on Saturday. Such a gorgeous day! Went dancing today!

I am pooped!!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jestgar Rising Star
better think of cooking

sure wish i was like Susan and like to cook esp to relax.

makes me nervous to cook........HATE IT.......... :ph34r:

I hate it too, Judee......but what can ya do? <_<

May I recommend bacon? :ph34r: :ph34r: :unsure::P

curlyfries Contributor

:lol::lol::lol::rolleyes:

flourgirl Apprentice

Of course! Bacon!!! :lol: Did I ever tell you this little story? When I was growing up, there were many of us. My mother was often concerned about feeding us all enough (btw, we all had all we needed....this is not a poor us story.....but then again, times were very different then). Anyway, many times we all got small portions of what ever we were having...especially things that we didn't get often....like BACON (!) So, when I was (so-called) grown up and on my own, I decided I could have as much as I wanted of anything I wanted (wonderful phreedom), and proceeded to buy, cook and eat an entire pound of bacon. Well! You may be able to imagine just how very sick all of this greasy bacon made me. Couldn't touch the stuff for years without feeling queazly. I am proud to admit that now I can eat bacon.....love bacon.....could be tempted to eat an entire pound in one sitting....except for my stupendous-iron-self-control (and the fact that I do not want to be sick from it ever, ever again). Love bacon.....right up there with coffee...it is.

How're y'all doin this loverly a.m.? Probably holidaying whilst some of us poor stiffs has to work!

Jestgar Rising Star

Well, the last of my bacon went into my fish stew, so unless I do the bacon wrapped turkey again (last year's source), I'm done with it for many months to come.

Realized that I leave for Hawaii on Saturday and I have yet to figure out how I'm getting to the airport (or any other part of the equation, for that matter). Having fun is so much work...

elye Community Regular

Mornin', Psills!

So, when I was (so-called) grown up and on my own, I decided I could have as much as I wanted of anything I wanted (wonderful phreedom), and proceeded to buy, cook and eat an entire pound of bacon.

:lol: Love this. . . .. . ..planned, symbolic overindulgence, and with bacon, yet.... .. ..a pound of it.... . . ..icon8.gif, but :o and :lol: .... . . ....

I luuuuuurrrrrve bacon wif peanut butter. Actually, anything with PB.

There are only two things that do not go with this wondrous, dangerously addictive foodstuff: tomatoes and mushrooms.

I bet it would go very well on a pizza, or slathered on a prime rib roast... . . ..or mixed in with mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts.. . .. ....have tried none of these combos, yet, and tonight is Thanksgiving dinner 'round here... . .. .. .. ... :unsure:B)

elye Community Regular

Jyesss is going to HAWAII?? :o:):)

Wowie. Wanna come, more than I wanna Weggies down the street .. . ...

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Morning Sillies

The soups come in boxes like swanson broth- ready to serve. I bought the cream of mushroom but I haven't used it yet.

Yesterday I made the favorite chicken nuggets recipe from Chex.com. It came out very nice, first time I ever breaded chicken on my own. they were very tasty. the recipe wasn't under the gluten free I dont think but I just use my own ingredients.

Jess is there room for me on your voyage? I take up little room and I dont smell at all....that I admit or am aware of ;)

Happy Thanksgiving Canada Sillies!!!! Eat Lots for me!!!

ranger Enthusiast

Cillies seem to be phallin like phlies. Hope y'all feel better! Sorry to hear about you husbands MIL, Raych. 2 weeks! Wow. :(

Hey, Jude, did you find a home for Velcroe? And, Jess goin to Hawaii. And not taking me! I don't smell, either. Well, at least no one knows that because NO ONE ever comes to Ohio.

I want to do somptin different in this last part of my life. I'm thinkin about becoming a hillbilly. Anybody got any hints or tricks-of-the-trade for this endeavor? I did buy a box of grits, but have not tried them yet. Any info would be sorely appreciate.

Sleezenah

ranger Enthusiast

Forgot to ask. Happy Thanksgiving, Canada. Do you have any traditions (like turkey dinner) or special ways of celibrating?

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

God logged on 1 hr ago and go to 'wandering' and sorting and packing and now........so tired need to sit

pardon the red insert ..........hope you can follow me.

still 10 calls to make

so many having trouble but......some doing great things. so happy for those are DOING!

i'M HANGING IN

LOVE YOU ALL

JUDY

Hey! Juuude! Sounds like all good news. Yeah, things are changing as we are all getting older, and everyone around us seems to get younger. Why is that? Anyway...I believe we are soul sisters.....love of flowers and playing in the dirt, gardens....I hate cooking too! Probably the worst thing about this diet in the increase in kitchen activity! Too poor to hire someone else to do it :( Telehubby claims to like cooking......wish he'd do more of it. :D

Nik-a-nik....sorry to hear that you're pheeling so bad! ME TOO NIK-A-NIK Most of us in my family get migraines...no phun a'tall. Get better soon.

Guess it's the weekend...always seems a bit slower here then. Hope everybodees doin' all rite. Sloozan is cooking up a storm (no snoaugh please). Send some phood here....if you got some extra.

Manda-Ville.....sorry about your troubles. My heart goes out to you all.ME TOO AMANDA!!!!

Later.....Tea

Tea- i hear ya sister......now if you hate to clean house but like doing windows........only have since we got the new ones that fold out

Well, I is back. My ears are completely blocked and sore -- a rather tumultuous, bumpy, turbulence-ridden flight. No one cleaned up 'round here in me absence. I have all of my laundry AND all of theirs to do. :angry:

Man, I just wanna go back to where I was. The ocean, no little people to listen to, clean up or feed.... . . ...'twas heaven.. .. . <_<

Feel better, Nik! Sorry about your loss, Rachelle ... ... . ..

And thinking about Lyle . ....um, or is it Lefty? :unsure: .. . . . ...

Where is Pahteee? And Soooozle? And Jyaghnutt's back, but haven't seen much of her. . . . ......

SO HAPPY YOU HAD A GOOD TIME.......JUST SIT IN THE TUB AND TRY TO REMEMBER THOSE GOOD TIMES OF COURSE MUST HAVE EAR PLUGS IN TO CUT THE KID NOISE :lol:

It sounds like a downer weekend for a lot. Let me tell you about my train trip.

Susan

SOUNDS LIKE A WONDERFUL TIME

WAS THERE SNOW AT THE GRAND CANON?

May I recommend bacon? :ph34r::ph34r::unsure::P

MUST HAVE MISSED SOMETING ABOUT BACCON :blink:

Well, the last of my bacon went into my fish stew, so unless I do the bacon wrapped turkey again (last year's source), I'm done with it for many months to come.

Realized that I leave for Hawaii on Saturday and I have yet to figure out how I'm getting to the airport (or any other part of the equation, for that matter). Having fun is so much work...

WOW HAWAII..........WHAT FUN

ENJOY IT FOR THE REST OF US!

I luuuuuurrrrrve bacon wif peanut butter. Actually, anything with PB.

ME TOO OR DID

AM TRYING A FEW PEANUTS.....YES I'M NUTS FOR DOING IT BUT SOOOOOOO GOOD

WHERE DID THIS GLOOMY FREEZING DAY GO???

JUDY

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
Hey, Jude, did you find a home for Velcroe? And, Jess goin to Hawaii. And not taking me! I don't smell, either. Well, at least no one knows that because NO ONE ever comes to Ohio.

SUSAN

YES,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :lol:

He is going on the 13 day road trip with us........at least that's the plant

and then my realator friend Joan in Temecula has her Las Vegas son and gril friend taking him.

good excuse to go to Vegas to visit i'd say.

Hell this cat will be seeing more of the US than alot of folks have :lol:

Darn210 Enthusiast

That's great news about Velcro Judy!!

Been busy busy busy here. I've been called to sub right and left at the preschool and at the elementary school (library) . . . pholks out cause kids are sick and then they get sick themselves. I got three requests for today!!

Had the in-laws over on Saturday. Made chicken and wild rice soup . . . FIL hated it :P He didn't say that but he only ate a couple of bites and then did a lot of talking to try and distract us. At least he didn't try to hide it under his napkin or flush it down the toilet.

Jhess!!! Hawaii!!! Have an overpriced froo-froo drink for me. Also get too much sun and spend too much money!!!

Em . . . Smakl used to eat ham and peanut butter sandwiches . . . I'll pass.

elye Community Regular
Happy Thanksgiving, Canada. Do you have any traditions (like turkey dinner) or special ways of celibrating?

Hmmmm....well, we rake up all the leaves out back and front, put the turkey in, slice up the BACK bacon, throw the beer in the fridge, wine on the top shelf, apologise to some people, mash the potatoes, set the table complete with some crumpled red maple leaves and pine cones strewn out as a centrepiece (from morning yard raking), apologise to a couple more people, start in on that big bottle o' chablis... . .. .

That's about where I am now.

AND I am very jetlagged.

What a woman.

<_<

:lol:

Hell this cat will be seeing more of the US than alot of folks have :lol:

Velcro's goin' to Vegas!! :):)B)

Vegas Velcro. . . ......I LOVE IT.

elye Community Regular

Great news on the work, Jyaghnutt!

He didn't say that but he only ate a couple of bites and then did a lot of talking to try and distract us. At least he didn't try to hide it under his napkin or flush it down the toilet.

:lol::lol: ....Or quietly pour it down his trousers, as some sneaky, senile pholk do at my mom's retirement residence... . . . think they're really pulling one over on the staff, as they wince in pain from the heat... . . ....

ranger Enthusiast
:lol::lol: ....Or quietly pour it down his trousers, as some sneaky, senile pholk do at my mom's retirement residence... . . . think they're really pulling one over on the staff, as they wince in pain from the heat... . . ....

I winced at the thaught of that!

ranger Enthusiast

BTW - 2WEEKS AND 1 DAY SMOKE FREE! And I feel GRATE! And cheezy.

Mtndog Collaborator

Did someone say BACON? :lol: :lol: Ate my share of it yesterday- YUM!!!!!!!!

Viva Las vegas Velcro! I love it!!!!!!!!!!

Ranger Sleuzen- That party train trip sounds amazing!!!!!!!!!

Well, we had a busy weekend. Friends in with their two little girls from Seattle so we shwoed them the town which really just consisted of going to the county fair, eating like pigs (I found gluten-free french fries that were like really thick potato chips-want more NOW!), getting kissed by a goat :D Alas, the trampolines have shrunk and are for the chilluns only now so no trampoline jumping for me. Baby bunnies were seen, candy apples eaten. Very phun!

Their oldest daughter is hilarious. At the ripe old age of 5, it takes her awhile to "warm up" to people so she wouldn't talk to Kurt or me directly. At one point during dinner last night she said to her mom, "Could you tell those people you are talking to to pass the salt?" We all burst out laughing!

Where have all the psillies gone? It is very quiet here the last few days.

Hmm...this IS perturbingly disturbing.

Rachelle- I am sorry about your brother's MIL :( . Glad you had fun with your mom though.

Nik- Hope you feel better soon!

Jess- How is Lyle? I want your heated mattress pad <insert jealous face>

Em and Pieter- Happy Thanksgiving! can't wait for ours!

Wow!

And New England!!!!!!!!

Jyesss is going to HAWAII?? :o:):)

Wowie. Wanna come, more than I wanna Weggies down the street .. . ...

Me too! Jess- Where/when are you going? Hawaii sounds perfect!

Darn210 Enthusiast
Well, we had a busy weekend. Friends in with their two little girls from Seattle so we shwoed them the town which really just consisted of going to the county fair,

Topsfield??? Did you see my phrend, K?

Do I remember correctly that you sprained sumptin at the fair? Were you jumpin' on a trampoline?

Forgot to say Happy Thanksgiving to all me Northern friends for which I am truly thankful.

Where is Suzie??? :unsure:

Archived