This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

mushroom Proficient

Nik, forevvins sake! Take good care of theesell; t'is a long time to be crappy. I had often wondered how old "wee" Alzy was; had not pictured 17!! Gads, ya can't call him "wee" nae more, and he definitely needs a more grown-up name to mark his 17th year!! Even if it's only Al :unsure::huh:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darn210 Enthusiast
Nik, forevvins sake! Take good care of theesell; t'is a long time to be crappy. I had often wondered how old "wee" Alzy was; had not pictured 17!! Gads, ya can't call him "wee" nae more, and he definitely needs a more grown-up name to mark his 17th year!! Even if it's only Al :unsure::huh:

Yeah, Nik . . . wee Big Al!!! . . . Much better and more phitting for a 17 year old!!! Hope yer pheelin' better soon.

Sloozen . . . sorry to hear about yer hubby . . . hope something (better) comes about quickly.

Josie has a phriend over for the weekend. Willa is here for the next 24 hours. Willa is about 4 months old and is a golden retriever. She's a cutie and already annoying Jo-dog which surprises me. I really thought Jo-dog (who has had lots of practice annoying everyone) would be annoying Willa!!!

Congrats Pat-Tea!! . . . ummm . . . on the house, not on finding a bottle of sugar cola in yer phridge!! :lol::lol:

curlyfries Contributor
OMG! My husband got laid-off today!

Welcome to the club.....only my hubby was fired. They NEVER lay off. It's been over 2 months, now.

Can you not get COBRA insurance in the meantime?? Assuming finances would permit???

GADS, that is sooo expensive! I got insurance through my job, but insuring hubby on mine is out of our reach, also. So he doesn't have insurance at the moment.

On another note.....closing happened this morning--went off without a hitch. :D

WOOHOO!!!!

Ya know, one day I'll be back down there, since my son's not too far from you! :)

At least its not snaughing (ssshhhhhh)

:o Hush yer mouth!!!!!

Sewzan.....My husband's bosses were told they had to let more people go, and hubby was the highest paid in his department......and the most knowledgeable and most dependable. This is what yer daddy meant when he said life wasn't fair.

curlyfries Contributor
What can I say. Onward and Upward, I guess. :D

That's Right!

Like you, I'm pissed, but I have to believe there is something better out there for him. I believe in the 'another door opening' idea...just wish it didn't take so long! <_<

Keep the faith.......we're here for you ;)

jerseyangel Proficient
Ya know, one day I'll be back down there, since my son's not too far from you! :)

And when that day comes, you and Brain better let me know!! :D We'd love to see youse guys again, and this time under much happier curcumstances ;):)

Yeah--Mark was the last hired and higest paid in his department....actually the deprtment manager. The company he was with eliminated the entire tier of middle management in one fell swoop. It was right before the holidays (November 14th of last year) and it was a nerve-wracking time.

His position down here is better (GM), and thank goodness it came along. The trade-off is that we had to move away from the boys. Ya just never know......but Sleezen and Leesiugh, hold tight and I know something is going to come along fer your guys :) You are all in my thoughts.

jerseyangel Proficient
I believe in the 'another door opening' idea...

Me too :)

nikki-uk Enthusiast
ps...Nick, get better and Iam... are you diabetic?

Nah, all the bad genes are on hubbies side......namely celiac disease ;)

:lol:

..and he is infact taller than me!!

He will always seem like 'wee Alzey' even though he's the middle child! I think it's because he has learning difficulties and still has an air of innocence 'bout him ;) (unlike me other boys :ph34r:<_< )

Congrats Pat-Tea!! . . . ummm . . . on the house, not on finding a bottle of sugar cola in yer phridge!! :lol::lol:

I'd like to commend her on both actually!! :lol:

Ya just never know......but Sleezen and Leesiugh, hold tight and I know something is going to come along fer your guys :) You are all in my thoughts.

This really choked me up, just thinking of all Leesar and family have been through :huh: ....... <dunno what's wrong wiv me :rolleyes: ... I keep crying at the drop of a hat>

....but I heartily agree!! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

curlyfries Contributor
This really choked me up, just thinking of all Leesar and family have been through :huh: ....... <dunno what's wrong wiv me :rolleyes: ... I keep crying at the drop of a hat>

Now you just stop that! :rolleyes:

I was emptying out some old e-mails recently and came across one from Jess. She had given her phone number and said if I needed anything at all........

*sniff*

....... 'twas a good cry, though.

I think I still have e-mails from Janet and other psillies, too ^_^ Have tried to get rid of some, a little at a time.

Time to move on........

elye Community Regular
..and he is infact taller than me!!

Gah! Isn't it astonishing when this begins to happen?? The Ripper does not have to look way up to me anymore.. . . .this pleases him greatly, but for me it is a measure of time passing.....of me getting older... .. . . ......

He just ain't a little kid anymore! He's got glasses, and stinky feet, and an oft-mopey attitude.... . . ....

At least he still hates his sister, and remains GREATLY embarrassed by me when we are anywhere together. :rolleyes::lol:

Jeez, when he and Sophie start to become friends, and Jack can suddenly relate to me, I'm done for.

Jestgar Rising Star

Hey!! I can get a muumuu here for like, $18!!!

Got up at 3:30 this morning, got on the 5:20 boat, took the limo to the airport and sat around for a loooooong time. Got to my hotel about 2:30 Hawaiian time and made myself go walk along the beach. Achieved my goal of going to see the pink hotel. And I am completely wiped.

Gonna try to do some homework, but I thought I'd say hi first.

jerseyangel Proficient
Hey!! I can get a muumuu here for like, $18!!!

Hi Jess!!! All the way to Hawaii B)

I've been so out of the loop lately that I didn't know you were there already! How long will you be there?

Make sure to have some phun sprinkled in wif yer work :D OMG muumuus!! :lol: I remember when I was little and my grandparents came home from Florida with one for all the females in the family--my grandmother thought they were the greatest things :rolleyes::lol: We just didn't have such exotic things in Syracuse. :lol:

Be careful and be sure to lock yer door well at night :)

Jestgar Rising Star

ok. I'm up. it's 5 in the morning here.

elye Community Regular

JYESSSS IS IN HAWAII!!!!!!

.... :D

@. . . .@

..@@@

(Jyesss with a lei around her tanned neck). . . .. ...

elye Community Regular

I wanna be there!!!!

Open Original Shared Link

Jestgar Rising Star
I wanna be there!!!!

Open Original Shared Link

Love Iz!!!!

I plan to be here at Open Original Shared Link at 7 am Hawaii time (about an hour from now). I'll wave to y'all.

I have my hair pulled back and I'm wearing green overall shorts.

And I don't have a watch, so I'll do the best I can on the time

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Love Iz!!!!

Me too!! :D

I plan to be here at Open Original Shared Link at 7 am Hawaii time (about an hour from now). I'll wave to y'all.

I have my hair pulled back and I'm wearing green overall shorts.

And I don't have a watch, so I'll do the best I can on the time

I think I've missed you Geoss!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me poor feeble brain couldn't possibly hope to work the ridiculous time differences either BUT I think I was 30 mins late :wacko:

..or are yer still there???.....JYESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

curlyfries Contributor

I SEE YOU, GOESS!!!!!

Did you wave? I ran out of time and had to refresh.......by then you were taking 2 ladies' picture. B)

BTW.......you were about 15-20 minutes early <_<

curlyfries Contributor
Me poor feeble brain couldn't possibly hope to work the ridiculous time differences either BUT I think I was 30 mins late :wacko:

..or are yer still there???.....JYESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psilly!!!!....you just add an hour to the time your computer says she last posted :rolleyes:

Since she didn't have a watch, I collected my coupon cutting and sat down in front of the computer early ;)

curlyfries Contributor

hey Jyess!!!!

Was that you that came back and told that guy about the camera?

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Psilly!!!!....you just add an hour to the time your computer says she last posted :rolleyes:

Since she didn't have a watch, I collected my coupon cutting and sat down in front of the computer early ;)

:lol: Yeah I know Leese...but first time I read her post I wasn't logged in so 'my' time didn't show ;)

Anyhoo..trust Jess to be EARLY!!!!!!!!....... did she look like she's enjoying herself??

Darn210 Enthusiast

I guess I missed it . . . I was even "around" when Lisa had her second siting!!!

Must go take a nap . . . puppy sitting is very tiring . . . so glad we don't have a puppy!!!! (Josie's glad too)

Howya feelin' Nik??

nikki-uk Enthusiast
hey Jyess!!!!

Was that you that came back and told that guy about the camera?

T'is oddly mesmerising to watch the cam isn't it??

DC just asked if he could go on the computer....I told him ''NO!.....I am looking for my American friend in Hawaii''

DC looked at me like --------> :huh:

curlyfries Contributor
:lol: Yeah I know Leese...but first time I read her post I wasn't logged in so 'my' time didn't show ;)

Anyhoo..trust Jess to be EARLY!!!!!!!!....... did she look like she's enjoying herself??

I did the same thing at first!.....I thought I was waaayy too late :P

Jyess looked very relaxed and just chillin'! B) .......although I was expecting to see arms flailing, doin a gig......sumphin psilly, at least :rolleyes:

Of course....don't think I would've either.........wouldn't want to be carted off to the loony bin on me first day of vacation :P

BTW......you can still see her footprints behind the 3 rocks on the left ;)

nikki-uk Enthusiast
I guess I missed it . . . I was even "around" when Lisa had her second siting!!!

Must go take a nap . . . puppy sitting is very tiring . . . so glad we don't have a puppy!!!! (Josie's glad too)

Naps!! :D

Ghian-kneet!!!!! - it could have been MUCH worse.....you could have been looking after someone else's small child :o *shudder*

Feelin' a tad better I believe!....but nae counting me chickens yet ;)

elye Community Regular

Just gettin' on and I CANNA OPEN THE LINK! :angry:

I missed Jyess anyway. .. . . ......poop. Can you appear again, Jyesss?

DC just asked if he could go on the computer....I told him ''NO!.....I am looking for my American friend in Hawaii''

DC looked at me like --------> :huh:

I told jack the same thing, and he yelled, "WOW! You're gonna see Jess from Washington? The crazy scientist with the neat cats? Move over!"

Archived