Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

51,027 posts in this topic

I do need to keep on moving and living regardless of how much pain I'm in.

Love,

Loey

That is an awesome attitude!

Ads by Google:

That is an awesome attitude!

Yep, it sure is. Loweeee has often proven to us how awesome she remains.. . . ... :)

Patteigh, whenever I am in a Starbucks, or even pass one by, I always think of you and Mark, as this is where we all met in Philly

I think of that afternoon often too, Em. It was so much fun and we enjoyed being with you and your family so much :)

Twice - Yummy!!!!!!! And bought a house gift at Pottery Barn and clothes at Chico's, Black & White, and Anthropologie.

A girl after me own heart! B)

Yep, it sure is. Loweeee has often proven to us how awesome she remains.. . . ... :)

True dat!

Speaking of AWSOME... check out my son now...

425404_10150954978843655_1806538661_n.jpg

Yea for Tim!!! Quite an accomplishment !

Wahoooo! Way to go, Timothy! :DB)

I wrote a reply and hit the wrong key then POOF it disappeared into cyberspace. Anway, you should be extremely proud. My 20 year old has been taking Martial Art since he was 6. At times he wanted to drop out but we changed schools (Princeton Academy of Martial Arts). His Sifu trained under Bruce Lee and Dan Isanto came at least twice a year. I don't want to make this about my son - I want to focus on Tim. Sending applause to him. What a great accomplishment. KUDOS!!!!

Love, Loey

P.S. how old is Tim?

Speaking of AWSOME... check out my son now...

425404_10150954978843655_1806538661_n.jpg

P.S. to yesterday. Dermatologist said it was a staph infection. It got into my blood stream, hence my breast lesions. I'm on Septra DS and Murpirocin. If it doesn't clear up when I see the doc in 2 wks I'll have to have it surgically removed. Thinking positive. IT WILL HEAL!!!!!!!! Time for me to go to my oncologist and then off to do errands (it's amazing how much I enjoy doing my errands again).

Love,

Loey

Sending healing thoughts, Lo:)

Have phun running errands!

Thanks all!

I wrote a reply and hit the wrong key then POOF it disappeared into cyberspace. Anway, you should be extremely proud. My 20 year old has been taking Martial Art since he was 6. At times he wanted to drop out but we changed schools (Princeton Academy of Martial Arts). His Sifu trained under Bruce Lee and Dan Isanto came at least twice a year. I don't want to make this about my son - I want to focus on Tim. Sending applause to him. What a great accomplishment. KUDOS!!!!

Timothy is 8, he will be 9 by the time (this November) he tests for his full Black Belt. My wife and I are taking class with him, so we all will be testing in November. Should be fun! They also just invited him to join the CIT program (Certified Instructor Training)!

This started as a way to treat his ADHD, and now had grown into a family sport. :lol:

Timothy is 8, he will be 9 by the time (this November) he tests for his full Black Belt. My wife and I are taking class with him, so we all will be testing in November. Should be fun! They also just invited him to join the CIT program (Certified Instructor Training)!

This started as a way to treat his ADHD, and now had grown into a family sport. :lol:

Congratulations to Timothy!!

Change Timothy to Smackl (that's what I call my son on-line). Change Karate to Tae Kwon Do. Change a couple of the dates/ages and you've got my son . . . including the ADHD and the instructor training program.

I love it!!! Smackl was never destined for a team sport and this program has been perfect for him.

Congrats to you adults as well . . . that is something I couldn't do . . . really bad knees here.

Hiya Loey, good to hear from you and glad to hear you are out and about.

My son's friend's mom: " How are you? I know you haven't been well lately" Me: "Getting better, thanks. Found out I was full blown Celiac, so no more gluten for me. It's been really hard to get used to." "Really!? Because I went totally gluten free to get 'bikini ready' for our trip and it's SOOO easy!" Blank stare. (in my head: "Assholes wear bikinis??") Sigh. Celiac makes me cranky.

Hah, had to post this one to prove you are so right. And hot ones too!

I hope this balloon pic doesn't offend. If it does feel free to remove picture. My sister in New Mexico sent me this today. Said it was from the Albuqurque Baloon Festival

Yes they do!

FunnyBigAssHotBalloonGallery0112600x400.jpg

Change Timothy to Smackl (that's what I call my son on-line). Change Karate to Tae Kwon Do. Change a couple of the dates/ages and you've got my son . . . including the ADHD and the instructor training program.

Heh, we used to call him Tymber online.. but got dropped along the way. Between homeschooling, and Karate so far we have been able to work on teaching him to cope with his ADHD without drugs. I am not against medication when it is needed (heck, I have done the ADHD meds myself) but if we can training him to cope with out drugs, he will be much better off. Then he can harness the benefits of ADHD (drugs remove them to a degree) and overall be healthier. :)

And if not, at least he now knows how to properly kick someone in the face. Always a useful skill! :lol:

And if not, at least he now knows how to properly kick someone in the face. Always a useful skill! :lol:

:lol::lol: Indeed... . . ...

Hah, had to post this one to prove you are so right. And hot ones too!

I hope this balloon pic doesn't offend. If it does feel free to remove picture. My sister in New Mexico sent me this today. Said it was from the Albuqurque Baloon Festival

Yes they do!

It doesn't offend me. Could you IM me the link. This is right up superman's alley!

Mising your posts.

Love, Loey

FunnyBigAssHotBalloonGallery0112600x400.jpg

Ha! :lol: :lol: Gotta put this on Da Book, pronto.... . ..

So my son is having symptoms again (we suspect some candy he got at a party...but anyways) and we are talking about what to do to with him. He wanted to stay home and do something he enjoys because he has a stomach ache. So my wife says to him "you can't stop living just because of a stomach ache.."

I think most adults would understand what she meant, meaning you cant let Celiac stop you from enjoying life, but not Timothy.. he was like "No, I don't want to die!" :blink::blink:

:lol: :lol:

English really is a messed up language!

:)

Tired. The pirate is living here this week. His exhaust sprung a leak and he rebuilt it from parts from Home Depot. Just waiting on the heat tape.

While here, he's cut up most of my scrap wood and is burning it in the Weber with no legs.

And for dinner, we're heading off to the store to get ice cream.

While here, he's cut up most of my scrap wood and is burning it in the Weber with no legs.

Burn ban here . . . guess you don't get too many of those.

Ice cream is OK though :rolleyes: no ban on that . . . although there probably should be for me.

:)

His exhaust sprung a leak and he rebuilt it from parts from Home Depot. Just waiting on the heat tape.

Is he Celiac too. I've hear that Home Depot can fix anything. Heat tape?:unsure:

And you sound like my indigent kids. :rolleyes:

He's an eat-anything kind of guy, although he eats mainly gluten-free with me. He's also 6'2", so he made the "gluten shelf" on top of the cabinets where I couldn't possibly get into his stuff. :rolleyes:

The boat motor is inboard, so the exhaust is wrapped in heat tape to minimize the heat escape into the cabin. He had to tear apart the bed to get at it, and his mattress is in the walkway.

It was fun watching him and the plumber helper lady at HD. They sat on the floor putting together pieces of pipe to try to make something the same size and shape as his exhaust riser, which was one piece of custom bent pipe. The repair has 3 90 degree joint thingies and several pieces of pipe of varying lengths. He had to get one piece custom welded, but we found a guy with the right type of welder (tig welder, if that makes sense to anyone) in his garage. The welder guy also managed to save a flange that's being reused. Total repairs - less than $100, buying the custom piece from the boat manufacturer - ~$400, plus three weeks minimum to wait for them to custom build it.

We is thrifty. Next weekend we're volunteering at a bluegrass festival so's we can get in free. :rolleyes:

He's an eat-anything kind of guy, although he eats mainly gluten-free with me. He's also 6'2", so he made the "gluten shelf" on top of the cabinets where I couldn't possibly get into his stuff. :rolleyes:

The boat motor is inboard, so the exhaust is wrapped in heat tape to minimize the heat escape into the cabin. He had to tear apart the bed to get at it, and his mattress is in the walkway.

It was fun watching him and the plumber helper lady at HD. They sat on the floor putting together pieces of pipe to try to make something the same size and shape as his exhaust riser, which was one piece of custom bent pipe. The repair has 3 90 degree joint thingies and several pieces of pipe of varying lengths. He had to get one piece custom welded, but we found a guy with the right type of welder (tig welder, if that makes sense to anyone) in his garage. The welder guy also managed to save a flange that's being reused. Total repairs - less than $100, buying the custom piece from the boat manufacturer - ~$400, plus three weeks minimum to wait for them to custom build it.

We is thrifty. Next weekend we're volunteering at a bluegrass festival so's we can get in free. :rolleyes:

Oh I love bluegrass! That will be so much fun, enjoy!

Jestman,

I'd so be there for the festival if you lived near Bainbridge GA vs. DC. Our RV (We call it 4 Sheets to the Wind, it's a 4 Winds) is a 1992 model and we're not good at engineering like your houseguest. B)