This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Ridgewalker Contributor

Emily, I'll be thinking of you and your parents.

Susie, I'm so very sorry to here about the troubles with your friend. I don't know what's behind it, but I hope there's a chance to work things out!

(((HUGS))) to everyone.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mtndog Collaborator

Oh...too many heavy-hearted Sillies here.

Amanda-Sorry about the office- POOPeycock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Emily- Prayers for your mum and dad. I have my dad still but to me it is mind-boggling that he will be 78 in April- your dad sounds a lot like mine. He's very young at heart and prefers to hang out with me and my sister and our husbands and froends because he thinks EVERYONE his age is senile :lol: :lol: Hugs and prayers for all of you!

Susie- The friend divorce :( They stink. BUT, you are in L-O-V-E!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub:

and I still can't start antibioticing again cause my blood pressure is through the roof (and the culprit might be PRILOSEC!)

OMG- I seriously live in the town next to where The Tea Partay video could have been filmed- Hamilton, MA home of the myopia Hunt and Ppolo Club where there is STILL a fox hunt (sans fox) every weekend!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r: At least I haven't worn pants with whales on them since 8th grade :P

<---------------------New avatar for all you preppy cape Codders

nikki-uk Enthusiast

A question:

Is 'Cabot Cove' in 'Murder she wrote' ficticional??? :unsure:

....and would it be anywhere near Cape Codpiece ??? :unsure:

... :wacko: (feeling a tad wackl)

EDIT: ...pants with whales??? :huh: .........send the fashion constabulary -at once!!!!!

~alex~ Explorer
oh - this is for Alex and others who think we all live like this - esp on 4th of July:

<we've seen this before but it always cracks me up>

That was terrific! I've never seen this before. I don't know why I have such preppy, yuppie dreams. Trust fund kid has such a negative connotation but the whole cape cod/Hampton's thing just makes me giddy!

OMG- I seriously live in the town next to where The Tea Partay video could have been filmed- Hamilton, MA home of the myopia Hunt and Ppolo Club where there is STILL a fox hunt (sans fox) every weekend!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r: At least I haven't worn pants with whales on them since 8th grade :P

<---------------------New avatar for all you preppy cape Codders

Lovely! All things with horses just seem so preppy. Besides my yuppie Cape Cod July 4th fantasy I also often imagine myself at the Kentucky Derby sipping Mint Juleps and wearing a ridiculous hat. I'm really not an overly money focused person but all of my American Dreams involve me hobnobbing with the aristocracy. What does that say about me? :unsure: I don't think I want to know!

Nikki, I think that Cabot Cove is fictional but that it is also supposed to be somewhere in New England like Cape Cod. Not sure what state it is supposed to be in.

I am in am extremely good mood right now! Having so much fun looking through my wondrous box! I'm definitely going to have my Grandpa, Dad, and Colin over this weekend so they can enjoy all of this great stuff. My brother is a great artist and I'm really loving seeing how his and my mom's style are so similar. Can't wait for Colin to see for himself!

Darn210 Enthusiast
. . . and wearing a ridiculous hat.

Oh . . . you must save to wear with your rainbow coloUred bridesmaid dress at Susie's wedding.

elye Community Regular
Having so much fun looking through my wondrous box! I'm definitely going to have my Grandpa, Dad, and Colin over this weekend so they can enjoy all of this great stuff.

That is SO wonderful, Alex! A celebratory treasure trove....a very special time capsule. Makes me think I should be putting my scribbled notes and sketches, my favorite photos and little knicknacks, away to be opened by my own daughter in what....fifty-odd years.... :)

elye Community Regular
Did you say what brand it was?

Do you still remember????? :lol:

It's French...Called Absente. A beautiful, old-fashioned label, and the name at the top is Plantes Saveurs. And yes, it is 65%alc./vol. Freakin' strong stuff....no bloody wonder the Impressionists were incapacitated after tippling this stuff, as their absinthe was much higher octane. Gad, I'd be dead....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Hubby has made the most delicious rhubarb crumble and I can only salivate :P as after yet another disastrous 'weigh-in' at slimming club :lol: ..... I MUST knuckle down......I've done loads of diets (successfully) over the yrs.......but this is the first time i've tried while being gluten-free AND IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!:angry:

Send this by overnight air courier STAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MUST have some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

<SPLUTTER> ......<CHOKING ON TEA>

NO CHANCE MATEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

OMG!!! You NUT!!!!!!!!!

5 SUGAR CUBES????

:huh: 'twas the only way it were tolerable - NOT KIDDING

WTH??? I let it sit for maybe 15min & it gets way past cloudy - opaque as milk even.

By then the entire room is olfactorally absinthated.

Pre-louche tho does taste overly alcohol-y.

I like the incredible mix of flavors once it's ready!!!

How about next time making it an experiment w/ extra glasses prepped differently, incl one sugarless?

hmmmmmm......... <stroking chin> well, there wasn't a room, we were doing this outside, by the firepit.........perhaps we did NOT wait long enough. But seriously, without sugar, this stuff tasted like gasoline. :blink:

I remember FONDLY the absinthe from France (the sample from the austentatious judge) was bright green, and also rather sweet......very tasty. did NOT taste like a$$ :lol:

all right........we'll try it again, another time.

Moonshine. :lol: We did see a few - very few - creatures in them hills - yikes :unsure:

Funny how our stuff has cane sugar added, which makes it taste very much like Ouzo or Sambuka. Ours got cloudy after we added ice, and more so as it sat. A lovely, deep green. I was injecting quite a bit more regular insulin at suppertime, and hoping for a severe insulin reaction which would require me to have several glasses. :lol:

mygawd.......she's compromising her actual HEALTH for a visit from the phaerie :lol:

O

Emily- Prayers for your mum and dad. I have my dad still but to me it is mind-boggling that he will be 78 in April- your dad sounds a lot like mine. He's very young at heart and prefers to hang out with me and my sister and our husbands and froends because he thinks EVERYONE his age is senile Hugs and prayers for all of you!

I love yer dad - and Em's dad - - borrowing both.........

A question:

Is 'Cabot Cove' in 'Murder she wrote' ficticional???

....and would it be anywhere near Cape Codpiece ???

(feeling a tad wackl)

gahhhhhhhhhhhhh :lol:

wackl indeed

Lovely! All things with horses just seem so preppy. Besides my yuppie Cape Cod July 4th fantasy I also often imagine myself at the Kentucky Derby sipping Mint Juleps and wearing a ridiculous hat. I'm really not an overly money focused person but all of my American Dreams involve me hobnobbing with the aristocracy. What does that say about me?

:lol: indeed, what DOES it say about Alex? When I was younger, I felt the same as you - but now, I actually NEVER want to mingle w/ those peeps any more - except perhaps as a fly on the wall. I want to hear what they talk about and stuff........I HAVE TO KNOW what fragrances they wear - they get them custom-made, you know.......drives me mad... :angry: because I"ll NEVER be able to know and smell them (this cracks David up, BTW)

I have very wealthy cousins in their sixties - you'd NEVER even know they had money - who "summer at the Vineyard" (Martha's Vineyard). This is extreme preppy wealth. They go to parties - she works her butt off fundraising for this rehab house on MV - not a bad gig, I bet, doin' yer rehab at The Vineyard :blink: ) w/ the Clintons (she says he really cannot keep his pants zipped - still) and all kinds of rich and famous people. I think they live next door to James Taylor's mother - I once had some jam in their fridge in Boston that she had made..... :lol:

Kooky!

Alex - SOOOOO excited about your treasure box........... (smiley face)

Oh . . . you must save to wear with your rainbow coloUred bridesmaid dress at Susie's wedding.

:lol: yes, absolutely, the one in the Elvis Chapel

That is SO wonderful, Alex! A celebratory treasure trove....a very special time capsule. Makes me think I should be putting my scribbled notes and sketches, my favorite photos and little knicknacks, away to be opened by my own daughter in what....fifty-odd years.... :)

dear gawd.......... put a bunch of pictures in w/ unknown people's faces......drive them mad (cackling face)

Darn210 Enthusiast
Makes me think I should be putting my scribbled notes and sketches, my favorite photos and little knicknacks, away to be opened by my own daughter in what....fifty-odd years.... :)

dear gawd.......... put a bunch of pictures in w/ unknown people's faces......drive them mad (cackling face)

Yes!!! This is what I thought as well . . . photos of what? . . . who? . . . where? . . . Talk about wakl!! You'll need a flowchart to explain it all.

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

So today at work we were talking about how we dont really like the moving situation in our office, and I said how I was feeling isolated and stuff. This one chick looks at me and says youre a stalker.....I almost bawled. I know she might be joking but it sounded horrible. It was a mean thing to say in my eyes....

elye Community Regular
I remember FONDLY the absinthe from France (the sample from the austentatious judge) was bright green, and also rather sweet......very tasty. did NOT taste like a$

Yes! This is the stuff I have....

Done! Got lots of unknown tourists ready to fill my memoir box... :lol:

This one chick looks at me and says youre a stalker.....I almost bawled. I know she might be joking but it sounded horrible. It was a mean thing to say in my eyes....

Who is this beast? :angry: Very unprofessional and childish of her....Please direct her to this forum, this thread specifically.....

jerseyangel Proficient
Who is this beast? :angry: Very unprofessional and childish of her....Please direct her to this forum, this thread specifically.....

Yes Amanda--we'll give her what-for!

Mtndog Collaborator

Amanda- hang in there- things seem to be wackl all over :(

A question:

Is 'Cabot Cove' in 'Murder she wrote' ficticional??? :unsure:

....and would it be anywhere near Cape Codpiece ??? :unsure:

... :wacko: (feeling a tad wackl)

EDIT: ...pants with whales??? :huh: .........send the fashion constabulary -at once!!!!!

Tee hee- Nikki said CODPIECE :lol: :lol: OMG- you've NEVER seen corduroy pants with embroidered whales? they were ALL the rage in the early 80's. Here's a link to preppy Open Original Shared Link

Lovely! All things with horses just seem so preppy. Besides my yuppie Cape Cod July 4th fantasy I also often imagine myself at the Kentucky Derby sipping Mint Juleps and wearing a ridiculous hat. I'm really not an overly money focused person but all of my American Dreams involve me hobnobbing with the aristocracy. What does that say about me? :unsure: I don't think I want to know!

I am in am extremely good mood right now! Having so much fun looking through my wondrous box! I'm definitely going to have my Grandpa, Dad, and Colin over this weekend so they can enjoy all of this great stuff. My brother is a great artist and I'm really loving seeing how his and my mom's style are so similar. Can't wait for Colin to see for himself!

Count me in with the mint juleps and fun hat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex- So happy about this box! What a gift!

It's French...Called Absente. A beautiful, old-fashioned label, and the name at the top is Plantes Saveurs. And yes, it is 65%alc./vol. Freakin' strong stuff....no bloody wonder the Impressionists were incapacitated after tippling this stuff, as their absinthe was much higher octane. Gad, I'd be dead....

Absente, eh? Is that cause you'd be absent from anything the next day? :P

elye Community Regular
Absente, eh? Is that cause you'd be absent from anything the next day? :P

Very likely....or could refer to the feeling it generates....Whilst tippling, I felt....rather....absent, somehow... :huh::lol:

It certainly made my heart grow fonder. :D

Well I am glad I am always accepted in the silly thread.

Ridgewalker Contributor
So today at work we were talking about how we dont really like the moving situation in our office, and I said how I was feeling isolated and stuff. This one chick looks at me and says youre a stalker.....I almost bawled. I know she might be joking but it sounded horrible. It was a mean thing to say in my eyes....

:angry: Oh... mah... gah... this makes me sooooooo mad. :angry: She sounds like one of those WRETCHED girls I went to school with who can't stand to have attention away from herself. She always has to say something that really shrieks, "Look at me, look at me!"

It was a snotty thing to to say Amanda, but try not to take it too personally. With people like that, it's never about you, it's always allllllll about them. <_<

Sarah, that is exactly what Johns says, that and that they are jealous....which I am not sure what they could be jealous of....

Ridgewalker Contributor
Sarah, that is exactly what Johns says, that and that they are jealous....which I am not sure what they could be jealous of....

John is a very smart man! ;)

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Ha..........that's the key Amanda............you have no idea why they are jealous :P:)

You could never in a million years relate to that...................YOU ARE SO FAR OUT OF AND BEYOND THEIR LEAGUE................. your our wonderful, kind, effecient, bright professional................and not a mean bone in your body. Yep, send her on here and we'll kick her ars..................... :lol:

Keep on that high road you always travel.

hugs Judy

elye Community Regular

Morning, all!

Well, another busy day ahead...what with both parents being sick, both kids being home on March break, work in the a.m., yada yada ya.....Gad, I'm only one woman!... :lol::lol:

So, along with all of the running around yesterday, The Ripper and I managed to squeeze in a beginner semi-private golf lesson (!). This is a truly admirable sport, but equally ridiculous and painstaking. I would love to be able to competently make my way around eighteen holes throughout a summer, and it is a sport that one can play until death, but I just don't think it's calling my name. Too many bloody things to remember all at once to make the ball travel well...."Consistent trajectory, backward bend, lateral spine tilt, quiet body".... Ha!! Quiet body...That's a good one....

We've got two more lessons, and then you may be seeing me on the big circuits. <_<:rolleyes:

Morning Sillies

Em the brain is on the way, you will have some help in your busy day, I don't need it that much.

How are all the other sillies!!!

My Funny for the Day

Walmart has everything

One day, in line at the company cafeteria, Joe says to Mike behind him, "My elbow hurts like hell. I guess I'd better see a doctor."

"Listen, you don't have to spend that kind of money," Mike replies.

"There's a diagnostic computer down at Wal- Mart . Just give it a urine sample and the computer will tell you what's wrong and what to do about it.

It takes ten seconds and costs ten dollars . . . A lot cheaper than a doctor."

So, Joe deposits a urine sample in a small jar and takes it to Wal- Mart .

He deposits ten dollars and the computer lights up and asks for the urine sample. He pours the sample into the slot and waits.

Ten seconds later, the computer ejects a printout:

"You have tennis elbow. Soak your arm in warm water and avoid heavy activity. It will improve in two weeks. Thank you for shopping @ Wal- Mart ."

That evening, while thinking how amazing this new technology was, Joe began wondering if the computer could be fooled.

He mixed some tap water, a stool sample from his dog, urine samples from his wife and daughter, and a sperm sample for good measure.

Joe hurries back to Wal- Mart , eager to check the results. He deposits ten dollars, pours in his concoction, and awaits the results.

The computer prints the following:

1. Your tap water is too hard. Get a water softener. (Aisle 9)

2. Your dog has ringworm. Bathe him with anti-fungal shampoo. (Aisle 7)

3. Your daughter has a cocaine habit. Get her into rehab.

4. Your wife is pregnant. Twins. They aren't yours. Get a lawyer.

5. If you don't stop playing with yourself, your elbow will never get better!

Thank you for shopping @ Wal- Mart

Mtndog Collaborator

Amanda- BAAH! Good one! :lol:

It certainly made my heart grow fonder. :D

All this romantic absinthian talk is making me SO jealous- I wanna try it!!!!!!!!!!

It was a snotty thing to to say Amanda, but try not to take it too personally. With people like that, it's never about you, it's always allllllll about them. <_<

Sarah is absolutely right- and she needs an arse kicking. I'm bored these days so send her my way. I can only use one arm BUT my legs are still in kicking shape! OH YEAH!

and not a mean bone in your body. Yep, send her on here and we'll kick her ars..................... :lol:

Keep on that high road you always travel.

hugs Judy

That's what kills me- you don't have a mean bone in your body Amanda <_<

Morning, all!

Well, another busy day ahead...what with both parents being sick, both kids being home on March break, work in the a.m., yada yada ya.....Gad, I'm only one woman!... :lol::lol:

Emily- Perhaps after your busy day you can (I'm so scared to post this but it IS art :ph34r: )

Open Original Shared Link

OK- ladies and gentleman- a frightening development has occurred. It appears my husband, who goes to Jazz Fest in New Orleans every year which is MUCH mellower than Mardia Gras, has an Evil Doppelganger who goes crazy at Mardi Gras He seriously looks JUST like my hubby. In fact, I am NOT convinced that in my Lyme brained state I hadn't noticed that he snuck off to Mardi Gras AND made it on TV. Dear Abby- What do I do?

Jestgar Rising Star
OK- ladies and gentleman- a frightening development has occurred. It appears my husband, who goes to Jazz Fest in New Orleans every year which is MUCH mellower than Mardia Gras, has an Evil Doppelganger who goes crazy at Mardi Gras He seriously looks JUST like my hubby. In fact, I am NOT convinced that in my Lyme brained state I hadn't noticed that he snuck off to Mardi Gras AND made it on TV. Dear Abby- What do I do?

Pray that you aren't the woman with him while you were in some sort of lyme induced fugue state.

We haven't seen Carla on our silly thread lately.....did we scare her away?

Archived