This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

nikki-uk Enthusiast
<droolphace> :D

Apparently , there are NO calories involved on Canadian holidays :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judyin Philly Enthusiast
MORNING SILLIES!!!........just a quick poop in!

East Coast Swing is what you would associate with 50's music..........more bouncy and lifting in the air, between the legs, etc. I've learned a little of that, as well as the cha-cha, waltz, night club 2-step, salsa, and others that I'm forgetting at the moment. I would really like to learn more salsa :D

Sounds like such fun to me.

Morning Sillies-

I am beat this morning! Landen was sick all night and I had a troubled night of sleep. He has a dr appt @ 8:15 so lets hope he will be feeling better enough to get those tubes in his ears.

keep us posted Amanda. Let's hope it can get fixed FAST.

MORNING ALL

JUDY

jerseyangel Proficient

Of course not! That wouldn't be right :D

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
Of course not! That wouldn't be right :D

Do we need to move to Canada to have a calorie free Thanksgiving... :lol:

Just found this in case anyone missed the Emeril cooking show

only a one minute and 30 seconds of the NFCA gal.......but here's a good link

i taped but havent' watched it yet. Did anyone watch it?

Open Original Shared Link

Judy

jerseyangel Proficient
Did anyone watch it?

Open Original Shared Link

Judy

I finally watched it over the weekend. It was pretty good.

Jestgar Rising Star
The phunniest thing about this is that you left the bosom of yer family on Thanksgiving and bantered sillie on ballcocks :lol::lol:

Well. bosoms and ballcocks go together, at least on drunken holidays.

Em, I hope you're sprawled on the couch wit a big plate of leftovers enjoying both the memories of the event, and the fact that it's over for a year.

elye Community Regular
The phunniest thing about this is that you left the bosom of yer family on Thanksgiving and bantered sillie on ballcocks....

SO true.. .. ... . ..quite astonishing, really. . . .. but then, not so much when one realizes the captivating pull of Psillyville. :lol:

My sister brought dessert to dinner, and I must tell you, it was unbelievable, more so because of its simplicity. It's gluten AND sugar phree (which I need). She broke three eggs into her cuisinart, then dumped in three bricks of cream cheese and sprinkled in a bit of sweetener (Splenda, probably) amd orange rind. She smashed it up until it was well mixed, put it into a sprayed muffin tin (I think she said it made 18), topped it with sliced strawberries in juice, and threw it in the 350 F oven for 12 minutes. OMG.... .. ..amazing.

Not low-cal, fer sure. . . ...

She's put cocoa in the mix for chocolate ones, pumpkin or apple sauce for fruity ones. I'm thinkin' peanut butter cheesecake tarts would be DROOOOOOLY. . ..

:P:P:P salivating, dreaming-about-creamythings-faces

<_<

Me wisheth.

'Round here, it's gluten-free and sugar-lite, but the calories just seem to be there. . . . eternally. . . .... :rolleyes:

Em, I hope you're sprawled on the couch wit a big plate of leftovers enjoying both the memories of the event, and the fact that it's over for a year.

Yep, I'm glad it's done fer the year. It's become fairly labour intensive getting together here, as my BIL is in a wheelchair after a massive stroke two years ago, and my dad is not in a wheelchair but should be, as he teeters when he walks and must be propped and angled up the stairs. These are two BIG, tall men, so it's a workout for us all, as we have no ramps here. But it is SO worth it, and I'm so thankful that we're all still here to get together!

This afternoon we are heading up to the Gatineau Hills to check out the awesome colours of the season:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2372/153973..._6aafd74b62.webp

It's called our Fall Rhapsody. Should be phab.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jestgar Rising Star
This afternoon we are heading up to the Gatineau Hills to check out the awesome colours of the season:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2372/153973..._6aafd74b62.webp

Is that one of your stolen walmart photos? Nothing could be that amazing.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Good Manchester Monday Morning, sillies...... <_< Feeling slightly cranky today.

<I have been agitated and wonder if it's the phull moon? >

Gorgeous coloUrs, Em!

am very jealous of yer drooly tarts (they sound........oddly like they wouldn't work :lol::huh: ) and yer fall drive today.

Also jealous of Tel's cake.........harrumph.

I've got two dogs staring at me (cousin Mo spent the night :) ) and.......they BOTH follow me from room to room.......seems to be a bit of competition for alpha dawg.......v. funny.

well......must get productive here today sillies. Too much to do.

Columbus day.........so confusing. Do kids have school today? are banks open? anyone have the day off in the US? :unsure: Government offices are open, I do know this......

Walmart photo. :lol: :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

No mail today, Suz.

Darn210 Enthusiast

Kids are in school . . . me phrend's hubby is a banker type and he is home today. I called to rant vent b!tch about a phellow neighbor and HE answered . . . totally took me off my game.

Happy late Thanksgiving to all my Canuck-y Friends.

I'm filled with anxious energy . . . and not a good kind. Been totally preoccupied the last few days. Can you tell since I haven't been posting?? Got another school board meeting tonight. It's been a rough two years here with the changes they keep making at my kids' school. I'm sick of it all!!! Just leave us alone for a year or two!!!

Darn210 Enthusiast

Oh and Patti . . . you have a lovely wee ginger grand-kitty.

Amanda . . . hope Landen is pheeling better today.

OBX'ers . . . time to get yer arses back home and quit making us so jealous!!

elye Community Regular

Janet! You've surfaced! I thought perhaps you were with the jester. He seems to be AWOL, and the bugler, in an alcoholic haze, keeps asking angrily for him. He keeps blowing this horn of his, stumbling through my neighboUrhood, being ushered into houses by sympathetic neighboUrs and treated to turkey sandwiches, rum and coke, gin and tonic..... . .

That jester was quite fascinated when he heard me talking about the yeti. . . could he have gone to find him?

Everybody just keep diligent....if you hear any tambourine-jingling, any kicking toe-bells. . . . it's him.

:lol:

Sorry to hear about this school administration stress, Janet. It is SO taxing when our children's enviornment is being overhauled.... . . . ... :(

Yes, how is Landen this aft, Amanda?

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Hi Janet and thanks for the 'glutened pumpkin' avatar................I'm borrowing it but you can have it back it you want :lol:

How do i write that instead of 'advanced comm member' ?

JUDY

happygirl Collaborator

One of the four have returned to real life..........

DingoGirl Enthusiast
No mail today, Suz.

:unsure: so......Columbus Day is not really to celebrate whatever he discovered......it's just to give the postal workers a holiday? because I think they're the only ones who have today off......

Janet! You've surfaced! I thought perhaps you were with the jester. He seems to be AWOL, and the bugler, in an alcoholic haze, keeps asking angrily for him. He keeps blowing this horn of his, stumbling through my neighboUrhood, being ushered into houses by sympathetic neighboUrs and treated to turkey sandwiches, rum and coke, gin and tonic..... . .

That jester was quite fascinated when he heard me talking about the yeti. . . could he have gone to find him?

Everybody just keep diligent....if you hear any tambourine-jingling, any kicking toe-bells. . . . it's him.

*snort* always crack up over the jester and bugler stories. Bugler must be quite drunk by now. I'll be listening for his toe bells and sniffing out any particularly unusual and rancid stenches besides decaying rat carcasses.

JUDY!!!! :lol: :lol: ya beat me to it, was pondering using Janet's vomiting pumpkin photo as av......

<must purchase pumpkin and get Oui-zee to post wif it>

Janet -- heinous schoolboard issues! :angry: smack them down and shut them up. Do ya need my skullcrusher for tonight's meeting? :D

Is it the full moon? I, too, am nervous and agitated......

:huh:

tom Contributor
Hi Janet and thanks for the 'glutened pumpkin' avatar................I'm borrowing it but you can have it back it you want :lol:

How do i write that instead of 'advanced comm member' ?

Heehee Gian-knit's the pixel-editing queen!!

Good use Joodee ;)

In MyControls, go to "Edit Profile Information", then fill in whatever for "Custom Member Title"

<argh just looked & already not sure it's right> :(:angry:

Hey LAURA!! Welcome back! We've all been SO jealous! :mockangerface:

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Good use Joodee ;)

In MyControls, go to "Edit Profile Information", then fill in whatever for "Custom Member Title"

It's right.

GOODNIGHT!!!!

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

Hi Everyone-

Landen is ok--no surgery tomorrow- he still has an ear infection, the dr's think he is becoming antibiotic resistant. So they sought the help of an infectious disease dr and he is getting his some cipro drops. They need to get those tubes in his ears, a few months back his ear drum ruptured....and if it happens again he could go deaf..... :(:(:(

Saw the house tonight in Mechanicsburg......not good at all!

Off to get a shower and go cuddle on the couch, The Giants are playing tonight and I am beat from work.....

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Good use Joodee ;)

Thanks Tom and Bunnie....I'll give it a try.

welcome home Laura and puppy--Sammy is it........left me brain in the dirt today :unsure::huh:

looking forward to some photos after you've recooped from the restfull ;) Vacation......

EDIT....Thanks Tom......... ;) it worked :P

Hi Everyone-

Landen is ok--no surgery tomorrow- he still has an ear infection, the dr's think he is becoming antibiotic resistant. So they sought the help of an infectious disease dr and he is getting his some cipro drops. They need to get those tubes in his ears, a few months back his ear drum ruptured....and if it happens again he could go deaf..... :(:(:(

Saw the house tonight in Mechanicsburg......not good at all!

Off to get a shower and go cuddle on the couch, The Giants are playing tonight and I am beat from work.....

Well at least they have a treatment option until surgery. He's sure one tough cookie. You and John can read him so well. What wonderful parents you will be. we waited 10 years for Jason. Might have to wait 10 years for him to move back to PA :ph34r: Let's see, he's been gone for 7........hummmm...maybe 3 more years. Hope Jim and I will still recognize him :lol:

Bev......how was your weekend trip?????

elye Community Regular

Yes, we're waiting to hear from Bev!

Welcome back, Laura! Bet you've got one knackered pup in yer lap. . .. . ... :wub:

I got a terrific question from The Ripper. Someone please answer:

You know those little indestructable black boxes that they put on airplanes? Why don't they make the whole airplane out of the same material?

:lol:

jerseyangel Proficient
You know those little indestructable black boxes that they put on airplanes? Why don't they make the whole airplane out of the same material?

Good question, Jack! Mark and I were watching a show recently that said that those boxes are actually orange. :o

psawyer Proficient

Hi, all!

We had Jacquie's parents and sister over for Thanksgiving dinner tonight. They left about 20 minutes ago.

SO much food. Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables, garlic toast, wax beans, and pumpkin pie for dessert. Watch for a post about the pie in the recipe forum from WardGirl. She's upstairs on her computer now. I'm making a quick post before unloading round #1 from the dishwasher and reloading. That doesn't count the run earlier with the breakfast dishes and stuff from baking the pie.

The weather was terrific, so we had dinner on the back deck. It was just awesome.

More later, but the dishwasher is calling to me...

Edit: Everything was, of course, gluten-free.

elye Community Regular

Wasn't the weather today just incredible, POeter? We ate outside, too.... . quite splendid.

'Tis phunny. . . . for the first time ever, I'm counting the days until the bitter weather, what wif a big hot tub bubbling away outside me back door. . . . . ..... :rolleyes:

I think I hear the bugler in there right now. . .. . ......singing away.. . ... .. .splashing madly. ......

perhaps drowning. . . .......

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Good question, Jack! Mark and I were watching a show recently that said that those boxes are actually orange. :o

:lol: Yes, I actually won a $50 grocery card for the correct answer to this trivia question a couple of years ago.

But.........the reason they can't make the WHOLE plane out of the black box material is that - I think - the plane would be so heavy that it couldn't fly......

Hi, all!

SO much food. Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables, garlic toast, wax beans, and pumpkin pie for dessert. Watch for a post about the pie in the recipe forum from WardGirl. She's upstairs on her computer now. I'm making a quick post before unloading round #1 from the dishwasher and reloading. That doesn't count the run earlier with the breakfast dishes and stuff from baking the pie.

PETER!!!!!! want to hear about the garlic toast and stuffing and am eagerly awaiting the pumpkin pie recipe.......

Em mentioned rice stuffing - am curious about this also

Richard, our founder, has, of course, the BEST-sounding stuffing of all........the very famous Dingo-Quinoa stuffing. Very laborious and......requires two dingoes (to be present, NOT to be included in recipe) and lots of wine (to be DRUNK whilst cooking, NOT to be used as an ingredient) :lol: :lol:

I must find and post the recipe....it sounded heart-breakingly phabulush but......very laboUR-intensive and complicated and.....I sure as hell won't ever make it :lol:

mygawd......I haven't had pie in.......three years. <_< I don't really bake. I need one a' youse to move here and bake stuff for me all the time. Paddeigh? Can you move to California? :rolleyes:

Nik???? You can come too but you must bring Tel :lol:

Em - so coveting your hot tub. But - I'd like you to kick the jester out before I enter, please. He's just so........needy and kind of creeps me out. He keeps trying to hit on me and tells me he's the ONLY normal man left in Toronto :lol::lol:

Archived