51026 replies to this topic

#16621 Ridgewalker

Ridgewalker

Adavanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:00 PM

Some people shell out a lot of money on controlled substances to feel this way. Maybe you could just add something to induce hallucinations and pretend you're back in college.

I missed this earlier! :lol: :lol: If only it didn't make me feel like I was gonna barph... Might be more interesting!

Ah Jess, there is a reason for the name.

LEDGEND has it... that Pirate would walk their old nag horses up and down the dunes with a lantern around the horses neck. It would look like a ship rolling on the sea. The other Piratiers would approach what they thought was a ship and run aground onto the dunes. The Pirates would salvage the booty from the wrecked ship. Thus, we have the name Nags Head. Now, Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills and Whale Bone Junction - I haven't a clue.

Romantic, naw.

Furthermore... The Outer Banks are the final resting place of more shipwrecks than anywhere else in the world. I have a map of them around here somewhere, probably still packed in a box, and it's amazing! There's so many shipwrecks off the shores, that it's harder to find bare ocean bottom than to find a shipwreck.
-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007
--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.
--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.
--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#16622 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:10 PM

LEDGEND has it... that Pirate would walk their old nag horses up and down the dunes with a lantern around the horses neck. It would look like a ship rolling on the sea. The other Piratiers would approach what they thought was a ship and run aground onto the dunes. The Pirates would salvage the booty from the wrecked ship. Thus, we have the name Nags Head.

Furthermore... The Outer Banks are the final resting place of more shipwrecks than anywhere else in the world. I have a map of them around here somewhere, probably still packed in a box, and it's amazing! There's so many shipwrecks off the shores, that it's harder to find bare ocean bottom than to find a shipwreck.

So romance is an accidental occurrence that stems from cowering under the covers to avoid the undead, seaweed-laden sailors searching for the descendants of those who caused their predicament?
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#16623 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:14 PM

So romance is an accidental occurrence that stems from cowering under the covers to avoid the undead, seaweed-laden sailors searching for the descendants of those who caused their predicament?

Once again, we are back to zombies!!
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#16624 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:17 PM

Lisa - did you miss the question? . . . or are you trying to avoid me? :unsure: . . . are you anywhere near Asheville? (Perhaps organizing psilly ashevilly summit?)
Janet

Posted Image

#16625 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:21 PM

Once again, we are back to zombies!!

I have to work till 7. It's what I feel like by the end of the day.
- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#16626 Green12

Green12

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,299 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:40 PM

Count me in Lisa, I have no idea where it is, but I'll go anywhere at this point. I was going to go to Phoenix in the middle of summer just to be able to get away :lol:

#16627 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:04 PM

Lisa - did you miss the question? . . . or are you trying to avoid me? :unsure: . . . are you anywhere near Asheville? (Perhaps organizing psilly ashevilly summit?)

Oops, question. Asheville is all the way across the state from me. Way far away B). It would be fun to meet in Asheville. It's beautiful country.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#16628 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:06 PM

Count me in Lisa, I have no idea where it is, but I'll go anywhere at this point. I was going to go to Phoenix in the middle of summer just to be able to get away :lol:

http://www.outerbank...CFQcqIgodm3BCtg

Here ^
Great, the more the merrier!
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#16629 blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda

York Fair 2009

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:59 AM

Morning Sillies!
Another hot day. I am here at work. I have had trouble getting to sleep the last 3 nights so I am dragging, and I am having a hard time breathing. I take Allegra as needed and I notice if I dont take it for a few days I get this way. The trouble is in my chest not stuffiness.....it is very uncomfortable.
Off to start some work....not overly excited about that though.
~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#16630 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:58 AM

*sigh*

I've decided to invite Edna over for a while . . . even though she's annoying and no fun at all.

*sigh*

Hey, do you think I can lose 20 pounds before I leave for vacation?? a week from Friday?? :lol:
Janet

Posted Image

#16631 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:09 AM

*sigh*

I've decided to invite Edna over for a while . . . even though she's annoying and no fun at all.

*sigh*

Hey, do you think I can lose 20 pounds before I leave for vacation?? a week from Friday?? :lol:

Easily. Just tuck the scale into the cupboard and start telling everyone that you've lost 20 pounds. By the time Friday rolls around everyone will believe you, and what every believes must be true....right?
- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#16632 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:16 AM

Hydee ho all :D

I couldn't get onto the phorum all morning until about 10 minutes ago.....I thought the board was down, but I see that's not the case. M-m-m--m :huh:
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#16633 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:40 AM

Hydee ho all :D

I couldn't get onto the phorum all morning until about 10 minutes ago.....I thought the board was down, but I see that's not the case. M-m-m--m :huh:

Well, something is going on . . . this site is slower than dirt today. What's Pscaught up to today? He's not going to change the coloUr again, is he??!!!??

Well, I've spent four hours with Edna so far . . . do I sound thinner??
Janet

Posted Image

#16634 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:43 AM

Well, I've spent four hours with Edna so far . . . do I sound thinner??

And younger! :P
- James Watson

- Ashleigh Brilliant

#16635 nikki-uk

nikki-uk

Out running.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:59 AM

Evening psillies!!

Good to see Soozle checked in on her thread - poor love, much thought of....

Quick drive by - chaos reigns here....Tel (day2) putting laminate wooden flooring down in Al's room.......requiring my help every now and again <hold the wood while he cuts it and stuff :blink: >
Dust, dust, saw bloomin' dust

Hideous wet weather....Al still ill (not eating) AND a incredibly boring 'Annual Educational review' of devil child :rolleyes: blah,blah,blah.....

GADS!!...those 'professionals' don't 'alf waffle on.......I could of said what was needed in 2 minutes flat :rolleyes:

Devil childs teacher is in fact a New Yorker,....maybe I should have asked her to pull my finger to lighten the mood?? :unsure: :lol:

Boris is the new squeaky toy of Will, the pecking order battle IS ON!!
MEOW

Like a vampire, Edna has to be invited in - but she ain't no barrel of laughs....it's all about denial with her!! :angry:

I felt (as Queen) your post count is excessively high and so blocked your entry to this site
I am LOVING the power B)

;)

JANET!!!!......slower the dirt??? :unsure: ......WTH does that mean?????? :lol: ....you nut!!!
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: