Good luck tomorrow Jess!

Hi & hugs for Sarah :wub:

Canadian Cottages haunted by native Australians? :huh: :o

Yellow
Yacht
Yo-Yo

Yak-free & yodel-free as well. <_<

Hmmm GFCFDFSFYFVFCFPFSF etc
Maybe alphabet-free is a good all-encompassing term.
From Aardvark-free to Zwieback-free :blink:
>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03
Dairy-free since 10-04
Soy-free since 5-07

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#18647 Mtndog

Mtndog

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 04:29 PM

Sarah,

I'm not usually on this thread, so you probably don't know me. But you absolutely need a lawyer for this. Do NOT give in to anything without professional advice. I have an SIL who had no idea anything was going wrong and then found out her husband had been having an affair for two years. For those two years he had also been hiding money and hiding how much he had been making (he made a few hundred thousand a year) in an attempt to cut down on what he would have to pay in support. Her lawyer found out.

Good luck
richard

Sarah- Richard is a wise, good, and kind man!!!!!!!!!!!
Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.
Albert Careb

Posted Image

#18648 Mtndog

Mtndog

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 05:00 PM

Uncle Ray in da house:

Subject: An old man, a boy and a Donkey

An old man, a boy & a donkey were going to town. The boy rode on the donkey & the old man walked. As they went along they passed some people Who remarked it was a shame the old man
Was walking and the boy was riding.

The man and boy thought maybe the critics were right, So they changed positions.

Then, later, they passed some people who remarked, 'What a shame, he makes that little boy walk.
'So they then decided they'd both walk!

Soon they passed some more people who thought They were stupid to walk when they had a
Decent donkey to ride.

So, they both rode the donkey. Now they passed some people Who shamed them by saying how awful to Put such a load on a poor donkey.

The boy and man figured they were probably right, So they decide to carry the donkey.

As they crossed the bridge, They lost their grip on the animal And he fell into the river and drowned.

The moral of the story: If you try to please everyone, You might as well.. Kiss your arse goodbye! :lol: :P
Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.
Albert Careb

Posted Image

#18649 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 05:17 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good one Bev!!! (or Uncle Ray)
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#18650 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 05:55 PM

Mornin all
I got a Roomba! :D Those vacuum dealies that wander around your house and vacuum?
It's wandering around now, banging into chair legs and stuff and distressing the cats exceedingly. It's pretty noisy, but normally it'll run while I'm not home, so I can deal with that.

Ah, but Jess.....have you heard of the Woomba?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c82f4c3c99

Emily, has Canada gotten a medal in furling yet? Or is that a winter sport. I can never remember those off-Broadway sports. :huh:

Hell, I dunno......hose furling......like a true Canuck, I'd be waaaaaaaaay outta any medal contention....... <_<

Canadian Cottages haunted by native Australians? :huh: :o

We have Aboriginals here, too......though I believe now they prefer to be called First Nations People. Didn't have a run-in with the resident First Nation Elder ghost today..... just lay on the dock, jumped in the lake now and then, went out in the motorboat with my buddy and sang at the top of me lungs.......got up to dance and fell in.........but of course - - it's a canoe, not a cruise ship...........gawd. :huh: <_<

Jess!! The best of luck to you tomorrow.....will be thinking of you! Have you sang you farewell mantra to the big U? <_< :lol:
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#18651 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 05:57 PM

Before I forget . . . Good Luck tomorrow, Jess. Check in as soon as you are able and let us know how you are doing. Don't forget to use sparkles and glitter in the appropriate area :lol: and magic marker on all areas that are off limits . . . sumptin subtle like . . . Hey, what are ya' lookin' up here for?? Get back to work!!
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#18652 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:00 PM

Ah, but Jess.....have you heard of the Woomba?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c82f4c3c99

Jess!! The best of luck to you tomorrow.....will be thinking of you! Have you sang you farewell mantra to the big U? <_< :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll be humming this
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#18653 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:01 PM

Check in as soon as you are able and let us know how you are doing. Don't forget to use sparkles and glitter in the appropriate area :lol: and magic marker on all areas that are off limits . . . sumptin subtle like . . . Hey, what are ya' lookin' up here for?? Get back to work!!

:lol: :lol:
Gawd, yes....Jess, in permanent marker, write across yer bum, "Hey! Flip me over!!"

Emily

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

#18654 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:09 PM

Hi guys.. just stopped in a for a few minutes. I'm at loose ends, I don't know what to do today. Going over to get more stuff, or starting to clear the stored stuff out of this bedroom seems repugnant... every step I take like that makes it all more real and permanent. I can't stand that.

I'm starting to realize that a lot of life was based on lies, and I know that means there's no going back... but I can't help still wanting it. Woke up this morning with tears already on my face, thinking over and over again, I want to go home, I want my husband back.

:( :(

Sarah. We hear your pain. this is awful. Hang tight, and, Richard is right.....don't do ANYTHING without a lawyer/ arbitrator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your husband seems to have actually lost his mind. :angry: And, I don't know that there's any validity to the claim that.....the house isn't yours since you haven't paid anything into it......that doesn't fly in California...........

I have all your emails - there were four of five?

Sarah,
I remember from my first divorce that the worst part was not losing my husband, but losing all the dreams and the plans and everything I thought my life was going to be. Somehow, realizing this made it a little easier. I knew that since dreams and plans were mine to start with, that I would make new ones.

You haven't lost yourself, although I suspect it feels that way at times. You are still you.

Jess is a wise woman. It's probably hard to hear this stuff now....but it's true. Remember, you ARE still you.
I'm reading some books that are very helpful to me now.......there will come a time when they're helpful to you, and I"ll send them. :)

I am, by the way, yacht-free . . . ummm . . . and goat-free.

Well, I am NOT yacht-free. Oh, haven't I told you guys? I have a BIG OL' YACHT parked down in.....La Paz. That's right. I guess I just forget to tell you guys after all this time. I'll be down there for the next two months. There's a personal chef on board, a first mate, a maid, all of it.

Dang, just slipped my mind to tell you about this.....it's over 100 feet and easily sleeps.....12. Yeah, that's right, 12.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It has goats on it, too.

:lol:

I got me a blasted headache..............sooooooooo menstrual. :ph34r:

forgot to tell you guys ALSO about teh two diarrheal blowouts I had at Lauren's school, whilst helping her. Yup, two for two. Both days I was there last week, had to FALL to the (newly carpeted) floor in her classroom, doubled over in laboUr pains of explosive diarrhea. :blink: Now, this was NOT gluten.....and it was late in the afternoon. Lauren got rather a good laugh as I lay on the floor, waiting for things to......build to their denoument..........and then RAN......and I mean RAN - to the bathroom - quite far away. (are there any celiacs who are teachers? trapped in a classroom all day? my idea of hell :huh: )

So anywho.........I had two MAJOR explosions in the bathroom at her school this last week......what in hell? why? :huh: :lol: Was totally spent. And, to me, it was just further confirmation that I should have NEVER gotten a teaching credential (blasted waste of a college education :angry: If I knew then what I know now....... )

EMILY!!!!!!!!!! I"ll let you go on my yacht if you let me go to that haunted cottage in Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

JESS - yes. Glitter, notes, sparklies - ALL OF IT - you just can't be too careful. :lol: Pseriously, check in with us as SOON as you can. :)
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

#18655 Judyin Philly

Judyin Philly

Moved to SO CA in November 2010

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:18 PM

Sarah,
I knew that since dreams and plans were mine to start with, that I would make new ones.
You haven't lost yourself, although I suspect it feels that way at times. You are still you.

Sarah, this is so true.

Well the good thing is . . . your brain is gettin' there. :) It will take longer for the heart . . . :(
Look forward; not back.

We're here for ya' . . . got sumptin' you need to bounce off someone or some help troubleshooting . . . we're good at suppling unsolicitated advice. Stay Strong.

:wub:

yep, that's one thing we sillies are good for!

My niece got baptized this morning in Italy. John is her god father and my sister Carrie is her god mother. I cant wait to see pictures.

anyway its off to house hunt see ya all later.

Yeah, some good news......whew..........did you find a good house????

Jess- You is one smart chick and emoticonically proficient :lol:

:wub: :wub: :wub: Sarah- We are going hold you up until you can do it yourself :wub: :wub: :wub:
That's so true :( you haven't lost yourself- you've lost the life you thought you had, the person who was the man that you loved, but not YOU. You still have your dreams, your beautiful boys and the future. Now it can be what YOU and they want, without anyone else's imposition (except ours). :P

Ditto all Bev!!!!

I'm having trouble with my email, sometimes it's working and sometimes it's not. But I do need something, something I didn't think I would. Has anyone kept all the emails and updates I've sent? It would help me keep dates straight about what was said when.

I am going to talk to a lawyer after all. I didn't want to, but the things he did and said today force me too. It makes me sick with sadness.

I went over to talk to him about not changing the kids rooms so soon. To give you the short version, since it's here instead of email... He said that I don't have a say in it, and he needs to make room to get all of my stuff out of his bedroom.

He's trying to make it out that I chose to leave. That I could have stayed if i wanted (by what means, I don't know.) He said I can have the house if I want it, but if I'm not putting money into it and helping him with the bills, then it's his and I have no say about what he does there.

He told me to leave. I said that it was my house, too, and how could he tell me to leave? He said that it's not my house because I'm not paying for anything.

There's more that was said... so unbearably hurtful.... I don't want to post it here, and I couldn't get my email working right.

If anyone has the updates I've sent, please try to send them to me and I'll let you know if they came through.

I think i have then in a Sarah file :)
Not everyone has their own file on my computer. :lol: See how special you are babe.

THRILLED your getting some professional advice.
will send asap!

Jess, good luck tomorrow! lots of hugs love and prayers for you too
Judy in Southern CA

#18656 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:35 PM

Thanks all. I'll check in when I can sit :P

See ya's later
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#18657 blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda

York Fair 2009

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:51 PM

Good Luck tomorrow Jess!!!!! Let us know when you can. I think the glitter and sparkles are great ideas! I think you should maybe make a map....in case they get lost! LOL

We be thinking of you sweetie
~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#18658 Judyin Philly

Judyin Philly

Moved to SO CA in November 2010

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:52 PM

Sarah.......I just sent you 3 also
were there more?
hugs
Judy
Judy in Southern CA

#18659 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:07 AM

Good Morning, Sillies!

Susie's secret yacht and internal explosions, Jess's uterine map......just another evening in Sillyville..... !!. .. . . :rolleyes:

I'm hoping that we''ll get some wonderfully amusing, narcotic-fuelled postings from our Jess over the next few days........ :lol:
Emily

#18660 blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda

York Fair 2009

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:07 AM

Morning Sillies-

House hunting went well, we found some more potentials....Some of these places are over-priced though....so we scratched them. We kinda of drove around and found the ones off the beaten path that were by other agents and not on the multi-list. So they have the info tube and we grabbed a paper. It was fun too.

Lucky is still pretty sick, on Sat he had x-rays and blood work. All came out perfect. Today he will start some new meds for de-worms, maybe he has a parasite, if not by Weds/Thurs they will put him on Prednisone a steroroid for inflammation in his GI tract...after that we are out of options. I feel that if this doesn't all work we will be putting him down, why make him continue to suffer, he is starving since he eats and it all comes back up....such a sad thing. I love my cat! I cannot believe this is going on.....its like there are no causes and no answers.

John is home with Lucky today which is nice.
~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: