51026 replies to this topic

#20521 curlyfries

curlyfries

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 07:19 PM

I hear if you sneak up on them very quietly, you can grab 'em before they run away.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the reminder. Easy to get caught up in things that, in the long run, are unimportant. Really, the only thing that matters is the people who touch our lives

Soooo true ;)

Love you all! :D
~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08
Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#20522 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:20 AM

WooooHOOOOO I'm the first post of the morning!!

I NEVER get to be the first one :D

Yesterday, when I went for my walk, I thought I'd walk a little farther so I went one more street section before turning downhill (ruralesque here, street sections are 1/2 mile).

As it turns out, the streets are named a bit inconsistently (old territorial roads) and I got lost. I ended up at this beautiful little cove and walked along the edge of the water. Roosters off in the distance. The trickle of water down the hill, finish its journey to the sea. The smallest slap of waves as the last of the ocean's power dissipated against the shore.

I'm gonna try to find it again this morning.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#20523 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:53 AM

Ya beat me to the post, Jess! :D Good morning. . . . . I do hope you find that little heavenly place again this a.m. I WANNA LIVE ON THE OCEAN! I've just got our meandering Ottawa River. .. . .. and hordes of snarky Canada geese squawking and pooping all over everything. Boy, if you were underneath these creatures while they let some of this go in flight, you'd look like a mud-wrestler. . .. . . ... :huh: :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reminder. Easy to get caught up in things that, in the long run, are unimportant. Really, the only thing that matters is the people who touch our lives

Yep. I am SO lucky to have a great friend like this, who not only brings so much to my life, but serves as a constant, valuable reminder of what I've got. Man, all I have to complain about is that my daughter wears stupid clothes and one of my students can't seem to understand the present perfect. . . . . .... <_<

The Ripper returns this afternoon from what must have been a rather wet outdoor experience at cub camp. Everything will be damp, muddy and smelly. Now, this I simply can't help but complain about. . . . . . ...... :rolleyes:
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#20524 nikki-uk

nikki-uk

Out running.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:14 AM

AFTERNOON peeps :D (apologising for tardiness)

I WANNA LIVE ON THE OCEAN! I've just got our meandering Ottawa River. .. . ..

ME TOO!!!
Something magical about the open sea.

The Ripper returns this afternoon from what must have been a rather wet outdoor experience at cub camp. Everything will be damp, muddy and smelly. Now, this I simply can't help but complain about. . . . . . ...... :rolleyes:

No doubt he had a FAB time full of tales (and smelly damp clothes :rolleyes: )

Had a lay-in today as my gym class is cancelled until this eve.....it's lunchtime and I've only just got dressed :ph34r:
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

Posted Image

#20525 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:08 AM

Mornin' Sillies!! :D

Ahh--normalcy :rolleyes: This is nice!

Em, you're so right--life is too short and fragile to get caught up and waste time in things that don't really matter. ;)

Nik--what's Tel makin fer dinner today? Hee--I haven't even eaten breakfast yet :P

Wow Jess, where you live sounds so beautiphul! Take a wrong turn and end up in a water trickled cove. Nice! :)

Hey PeOter.....getting thy sillie back on!! :D

This makes moi happy--checkin in wif me sillies in the morning.....gawd, I missed that. Ok, off to start the bacon..... B)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#20526 Judyin Philly

Judyin Philly

Moved to SO CA in November 2010

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:12 AM

Morning all
that walk sounds just great and wish we could all walk that path and clear the cob webs from our brains
have to head out to the park for the last day of the art show.
hope the thunder storms that might be...won't be.........
all so iffy but ain't that just the way life goes?
have a great day all my sillies.
judy
Judy in Southern CA

#20527 nikki-uk

nikki-uk

Out running.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:50 AM

Nik--what's Tel makin fer dinner today? Hee--I haven't even eaten breakfast yet :P

Roast lamb, cooked with sprigs of rosemary, carrots, cauliflower, peas, broccoli, roast potatoes, and of course Tel's infamous yorkshire puddings!!!!....oh...and mint sauce :P

..come on over!!! :D

Mmmm, bacon for breakfast :P

JUDY!!! :D ....good to see you back here!!....hope the weather holds for you & Jim :)
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

Posted Image

#20528 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 06:35 AM

Roast lamb, cooked with sprigs of rosemary, carrots, cauliflower, peas, broccoli, roast potatoes, and of course Tel's infamous yorkshire puddings!!!!....oh...and mint sauce :P

..come on over!!! :D

Be there in an hour! :lol: Gawd, if only.....Sounds so delicious and I bet yer house smells really good right about now :D

Hope the weather clears fer you, Judith. Did you hear the thunder in the middle of the night? :o Woke me up out of a sound sleep. Lightening, too. Now it's just damp and soupy <_<
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#20529 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 07:06 AM

:o

:blink:

WHAT?
heading to the airport now - putting Weezle in disguise - we'll be there in a few hours.........

am sooooooooooooooooooo jealous of yer dinner! (and slightly furious) :angry: :lol:

morning peeps! nice to see you! :)
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

#20530 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 07:07 AM

Nikki! That supper sounds incroyable!! Mygawd.. . . we only eat like that when there is something extremely special taking place. . . . . . . ...Christmas, big birthday .. ..and The Ripper's return from camp simply does NOT cut it. . . . . ... :rolleyes:

Had a lay-in today as my gym class is cancelled until this eve.....it's lunchtime and I've only just got dressed :ph34r:

Nikerler! You all actually have a term, hyphenated even, for lying about and being lazy and flabby.. .. . .....I just refer to these incidents in my life as "lying about, being lazy and flabby"..... . . . :lol:

Storms last night for you Nor'easterners! Must be from Hurricane Kyle, which should be attacking our east coast Maritimes this evening. . ....... . :unsure:
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#20531 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 07:37 AM

'Zausted. Morning walk turned into a 2 1/2 hour urban hike. Must bathe.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#20532 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 07:40 AM

Yo!
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#20533 Erica94

Erica94

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 07:44 AM

'Zausted. Morning walk turned into a 2 1/2 hour urban hike. Must bathe.

but did u find ur place again??

hii i'm back :D but i'll prolly jump in and out... stupid homework :angry:

i went 2 my friends' homecoming last night and it was so much fun!! heh sorry that was random :P

<3 Erica!! :)

diagnosed with celiac on 12/26/07 (endoscopy)
positive biopsy results for celiac 1/2/08 =(
gluten-free since 12/27/07
aha! TTG levels at 3 as of 9/26/08 =D

#20534 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:47 AM

WooooHOOOOO I'm the first post of the morning!!

I NEVER get to be the first one :D

Yesterday, when I went for my walk, I thought I'd walk a little farther so I went one more street section before turning downhill (ruralesque here, street sections are 1/2 mile).

As it turns out, the streets are named a bit inconsistently (old territorial roads) and I got lost. I ended up at this beautiful little cove and walked along the edge of the water. Roosters off in the distance. The trickle of water down the hill, finish its journey to the sea. The smallest slap of waves as the last of the ocean's power dissipated against the shore.

I need better directions PLEASE!
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#20535 Mtndog

Mtndog

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:52 AM

Bacon? Patteigh? Any left? can I come? Amanda, bring Silvia- she is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More time than NONE?!! ROFL! In my case more time baking wouldn't be long!

Beans and rice are cheap. :)

But Carla- I figured you baked cookies in a French maid outfit :lol: :lol: Clearly NOT a 50's wife!!!!!!

I'm glad at least one of us dope-slapped the rest of us with this reminder!!!!!! Thanks Em :) :wub:

I ended up at this beautiful little cove and walked along the edge of the water. Roosters off in the distance. The trickle of water down the hill, finish its journey to the sea. The smallest slap of waves as the last of the ocean's power dissipated against the shore.

Sounds heavenly (uhm...has anyone told you you're a talented writer too?). wait for me or I can just meet you there!!!!!!!!!
Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.
Albert Careb

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: