The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51026 replies to this topic

#24796 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,027 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:05 PM

:huh: no blankie? is this a Canadian thing?

Peter? did you have a blankie????????????????????

Duh, what's a blankie. I had still have a small stuffed bear, about four inches tall. He is blind, since my mother pulled his eyes out so I would not choke on them. :angry:
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#24797 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:27 PM

Heinous but yes, you should be able to handle it!! ;)

I have to get my mouth fully numbed, meaning two trips as they can only numb one side at a time (else you might chew yer tongue off er summat :blink: ) just for the CLEANINGS for Peter's sake <_< :( a horrifying experience - the cleanings - -

Have you considered sedation dentistry? They can gas you, clean your teeth, and you ne'er feel a thing, and then your mouth isn't numb all day.

May I ask why you need numbing for a cleaning? :(
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#24798 Judyin Philly

Judyin Philly

Moved to SO CA in November 2010

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:38 PM

Judith's had a cold - is it any better?

HI Swoozie and all

The HORRID BUG 'BITE' ME BAD :angry: .................. :ph34r:
MY ENGLISH IS JUST ABOUT AS GOOD AS IT WILL GET UNTIL I GET OFF THE STEROIDS SO I'M NOT 'ROID' RAGING AND COUGHING UP A GUT. :(

AT LEAST I CAN COUGH NOW. WAS SO BAD I COULDN'T BREATHE IN OR OUT. DR HEARD ME ON THE PHONE WHEEZING AND TOLD ME GET INTO THE OFFICE. I'VE BEEN READING ABOUT YOUR LIVES IN THE REAL WORLD........BUT JUST NOT UP TO COMMENTING ON ALL THE STUFF I WANTED TOO.

THANKS FOR CARING ABOUT ME
I'LL BE BACK SOON. :blink: :unsure: B) ;)

HUGS
JUDY
Judy in Southern CA

#24799 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:58 PM

Duh, what's a blankie. I had still have a small stuffed bear, about four inches tall. He is blind, since my mother pulled his eyes out so I would not choke on them. :angry:

:lol: Oracle said DUH!!!!!!!!!

but :o blind, maimed teddy bear? :unsure: but also somehow :lol: in a bittersweet way

and he still has it!!!!!!!!!!

:wub:

so cute

(still got me 47-year-old Pooh in storage in garage)

Have you considered sedation dentistry? They can gas you, clean your teeth, and you ne'er feel a thing, and then your mouth isn't numb all day.

May I ask why you need numbing for a cleaning? :(

:( because I have no enamel on back molars, exposed roots/nerves? and severe gum recession in back - - thrice a year ( by advisement) cleanings are terribly painful but necessary.

I CHOOSE to go to the dental college here, MUCH better cleaning than medieval Western Dental, which is covered under my plan. Very thorough cleaning and full x-rays for $20. Far superior (and very long and arduous, but worth it) to the very superficial cleaning in any dentist's office.

But heinous :( they do NOT offer that superbly fabulous laughing gas, or sedation....had that laughing gas for seven years in Monterey, practically even if I just went by to say HI. :lol: Most phab thing ever, took me RIGHT to my magic place and....I used to ask them if I could just buy a tank of that stuff and carry it 'round with me all the time. :lol:

Where's Jules???? MUST tell her of the cutest movie I watched tonight!!! (Noel, w/ Penelope Cruz - trite and predictable but enjoyable)

JUDITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, so sorry about your terrible pain and illness, at least you can cough now? This sounds bad. :( Take care of thine self, honey, and get lots of rest.....

off to bed

:)

Last day of 2008 tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see this year go! Anyone have exciting plans? (I NEVER go out on New Year's)

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

#24800 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:44 AM

Good final 2008 morn, Psillies!!

I dunno if I'm happy or not to see the end of this year......some great things, wonderful life/family events as per usual (I'm a very lucky girl with a wonderful life :) ), mixed with some not-so-great stuff, methinks. The passage of time, at this point in the game for me, brings a feeling of melancholy, perhaps of quiet despondence, as the clock ticks on . . . .. .....if I'm lucky, I'm about halfway through .. .. . ... :unsure: :mellow:

'Nuff!! 'Nuff!! Boy, think I'll be having a few drinks tonight. . . . ... :lol:

I have this most insane mental picture of a mother-figure calmly, slowly pulling out of the drive, then when she's far enough away to not be seen or heard.....really cranking the radio to something like Bohemian Rhapsody.......bombing and bouncing away down the road singing away....when the radio just can't take it anymore.... bursts into flame and quits forever more. Leaving a legacy of mystery and questions unanswered! <giggle behind the hand face> :rolleyes:

Oh, dear gawd. . .... :lol: :lol: You would be larfing SO much more if you knew her!
Actually, I could perhaps see this, really, if she stumbled upon CBC radio and began to hear Shostakovich or Rachmaninov..... ..hmmm......nope, she would not. That would be ME. MIL would never turn up a radio to bask in the glory of swelling music of ANY kind. EVAH. <_< :rolleyes:
But she is quite hard of hearing, so there may be something to this. . .......must ponder. Car goes to the dealership Friday. :angry:

Duh, what's a blankie. I had still have a small stuffed bear, about four inches tall. He is blind, since my mother pulled his eyes out so I would not choke on them.

:lol: :lol: :(

POeter!! Such a bittersweet, somehow hilarious li'l tale. . . . . ..

Last day of 2008 tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see this year go! Anyone have exciting plans? (I NEVER go out on New Year's)

YES!! Somewhere without MIL!!!! A small gathering at my oldest friend's home. Wine, fattening nibblies, and in the background (joy! NOT MIL's voice!) the Canada-U.S. Junior hockey match-up. You Yanks must all watch wif me. . . ....... :)
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#24801 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:31 AM

I usually just go to bed :lameface:
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#24802 blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda

York Fair 2009

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:40 AM

Hi Everyone-
Just checking in for a very quick Hi and Happy New Year. I have been struck with a very nasty stomach flu. I have not ate since Sunday evening and I am still not hungry either. I will spare you the gross details but you get the point. I have been asleep for the majority of the last few days. Honestly even in my pre-celiac days I have never felt this bad...yesterday I called a coworker to cover for me, she agreed and then called me back 15 minutes later she too was sick and was not going into work.
It has not been that good of a few days. So Happy New Year and I am getting back to bed.
~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#24803 flourgirl

flourgirl

Peaches

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 05:50 AM

Awww Pieter....sweet li'l bear!!! Mothers can be so unintentionally cruel, trying to do the right thing for their babbies :( I had a stuffed monkey that I finally gave to my son a couple of years ago. I wonder if he still has it? I'm almost afraid to ask. Probabaly being chewed on by my granddaughter :)

I used to play guitar in a country band.....and saw waaaayyy too many New Years Celebrations. I'm almost afraid to venture out :lol: I'm too old....it's too expensive....what other excuses can I come up with? We just play old pharts at home; munch some giunk phood, read, hang out. Neither of us drink (I never could drink). We must be the Grinches of New Years.

Not sad to see this year gone. Lots of yuk, tho' some good stuff. Looking forward to seeing what this year brings.....hopefully good health for all of us and a much better job for me....and lots of fun gardening! <:smiley with dirt/plant stains:>
GOD IS GREAT, GOD IS GOOD, THANK YOU FOR OUR GLUTEN-FREE FOOD!

MUSIC IS THE BREATH OF LIFE
Theresa

#24804 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:51 AM

For those that don't leave Sillyville, this was sent to me from a dear friend who has shared some of my personal struggles. It's well worth sharing.

Happy New Year! and Happy Birthday to Phaum! :D (tomorrow)

ooops, I guess the link would help..

(tissue required)
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#24805 nikki-uk

nikki-uk

Out running.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:37 AM

Afternoon peeps!!!!!

I'm closer to it than you guys so I am getting ready to go out....only a friends house wiv kids, drinks will be consummed though ;) :lol:
<Al's got 'Mamma Mia' on again ...can you hear it?? omg!!!, the fact that Pierce Brosnan canNOT sing adds to the charm! & I am so going to that Greek Island!! :rolleyes: >

Lisa!!...gonna come back to your tear jerker (just put me make-up on ;) )

Poor Amanda!!!! :( UGH! Feel better soon!

BEVEL pooped in!!!! :D

POeter's blind bear :lol:

HAPPY NEW YEAR PSILLIES!!!!! :wub: :wub:
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

Posted Image

#24806 WardGirl

WardGirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:40 AM

Just thought I would stop by and wish everyone a Happy New Year. I'm hoping to stay up to midnight for the 'big' moment but one can never predict these things in advance. So All Psillies have a safe and happy New Year :)

Amanda I hope your feeling better soon. It's never fun to be under the weather.
Have been gluten free since April 2008. The only reason I did this was to make cooking at home easier since my husband has been a Celiac since 2000.

As to why I'm called Ward Girl only Nick and I know the reason :-)

#24807 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:56 AM

Okay, I had some makeup on, too......now it's probably quite ruined.....no mascara, though, thankfully ... . . . . ...thanks fer that moving clip, Leeeeesa!

Al's got 'Mamma Mia' on again ...can you hear it?? omg!!!, the fact that Pierce Brosnan canNOT sing adds to the charm! & I am so going to that Greek Island!! :rolleyes: >

Hell, we are ALL going to that Greek island!!! And we're all gonna sing, dance, frolic in the sea, sail, drink....and drink....and perhaps drink ... . . . . ..!!!

Amanda! Stay warm and comfy in yer bed. So sorry to hear about this awful phloo.
But hey! Bet you've lost five pounds! :rolleyes:

Jacquie! Great to hear from you! Can you put up an av of POeter's blind bear? :lol:
Emily

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

#24808 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:04 AM

sigh

somehow this morning I stepped in cat pee without knowing it while wearing my socks. Now I'm stuck at work with wee-feet and no way to do anything about it AND my tennis shoes are gonna reek until I can wash them.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#24809 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:19 AM

sigh

somehow this morning I stepped in cat pee without knowing it while wearing my socks. Now I'm stuck at work with wee-feet and no way to do anything about it AND my tennis shoes are gonna reek until I can wash them.

Awwww.......

Reason #4 I don't have cats.
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#24810 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,062 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:38 AM

Mygawd.....Jess has New Year's Eve Wee Feet. .. . . . . ..

:huh:

:lol:
Emily

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: