This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

Jestgar Rising Star

I came home yesterday, doin' my normal come home thing. Lyle starts calling me from my bedroom. Multiple "c'mere kitty!"s did nothing. I walk into the kitchen and see his tail disappearing around the corner into the bedroom. Walk into the bedroom and there's a mouse in the middle of my rug. So Lyle and I took turns chasing him around, Lyle succeeding at the catch more frequently than I, but eventually I caught him and put him back outside.

Can't imagine what people without pets do for fun.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darn210 Enthusiast

We hound our friends about the thumb size of the men they are dating.

kareng Grand Master

:P

nikki-uk Enthusiast

EVENING PEEEEPSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

..BET you thought I had phorgotten??

PINCH, PUNCH, PHIRST DAY OF THE MONTH!!!!!!!!!!

and NO return!!

:P

:lol:

psawyer Proficient

Truly an august occasion this time around. :lol:

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Afternoon Peeps......

Too many pages to catch up

Wanted to wish Em well this weekend --cyber hugs for sure

and

all of those who are "banged up"a speady recovery is in order.

noticed I didn't say..........kn----- up laugh.gif

Just haven't been on line much

love to you all

elye Community Regular

Afternoon Peeps......

Too many pages to catch up

Wanted to wish Em well this weekend --cyber hugs for sure

Thanks, Jooooooodie! .. . . . .. And I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack from the Island!

What a wonderful weekend..... . . . .. this place where we planted Dad's little tree is Ward's Island, one of five islands that sit in Lake Ontario, a short ferry boat ride off the southern tip of our provincial capital. My family has a place in a modest, little-known history book in that we are the only known family to have had residents on this Island going back five generations on BOTH sides - - my mother's AND father's. Quite a lot of history, there.. . . ...incredible ties, relationships and friendships. My brother is living there in the house that my grandfather built himself in 1921, a young man just out of the First World War, about to be married and needing a place to begin a family.

There were many people there over this weekend who came to see the plaque that we installed under the weeping mulberry. Pics will follow! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Ahhhhhhh :rolleyes: August can officially begin!!!!

Afternoon Peeps......

Hi Judith!!!! :D

There were many people there over this weekend who came to see the plaque that we installed under the weeping mulberry. Pics will follow! :)

Lookin' forward to the pics, Em. Thought about you yesterday and told Matt all about yer dad and the tree :)

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

What a wonderful weekend..... . . . ..

this place where we planted Dad's little tree is Ward's Island, one of five islands that sit in Lake Ontario, a short ferry boat ride off the southern tip of our provincial capital.

My family has a place in a modest, little-known history book in that we are the only known family to have had residents on this Island going back five generations on BOTH sides - - my mother's AND father's. Quite a lot of history, there.. . . ...incredible ties, relationships and friendships.

My brother is living there in the house that my grandfather built himself in 1921, a young man just out of the First World War, about to be married and needing a place to begin a family.

There were many people there over this weekend who came to see the plaque that we installed under the weeping mulberry. Pics will follow! smile.gif

Em

Happy your home safe and sound and it was a wonderful time

Nothing can replace the history and memories of a house your grandfather built himself!

New memories made today toobiggrin.gif

I'm wondering what will happen to my Uncle Bernie's log cabin home in the hocking hillsblink.gifhuh.gif

It's been in the family for 3 generations on 40 acres in the Hocking Hills in Ohio.

So many memories for me there. All of us kids would go for weeks in he summer

It's my touch stone.........place I can always go to to feel 'centered'

but

Times and situations change and we just have to addapt. Didn't even post on Uncle Bernie's passing. He was like my second Dad.

Happy your brother is in the home.

Will try to catch up on everyone. Still don't have my paintings or anything on the walls.

Been mostly gardening as we moved into a hone with a back yard of mud.

The front was nice with roses, shrubs etc.

Will try to post a photo Jim took of what we've done when he's not blogging on 'his walks'cool.gif

elye Community Regular

'Morning, Peeeeps!

Joooodie, how terrific for you to have this wonderful li'l Hocking Hills log cabin sanctuary.. . ....and someone wonderful like Uncle Bernie. :)

Get posting some of Jim's photos! Nobody can transform a yard full of mud into a garden of Eden like YOU can.. . . . .. ..!

nikki-uk Enthusiast

GUYZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was there sum kind o' phlip over??? :unsure: ....'cos I had a blocked drain over the weekend!! - PHLOODED me garden <_<

However, the drain guy had LARGE thumbs - so it all evens out ;)

EM!! (lost me quote)...LOVED to hear the history of your family's island house. Glad you all got together to remember your Dad :)

PADS!!!! EXCELLENT detective work!!! :D

so maybe tell them your a pregnant Independant whose relatives are all thieves?

<THIS was my excuse (apart from the independant part) :lol: >

Liphe would be dull without half dead MASSIVE pigeons blindly running at your feet after being mauled by my warrior cat :rolleyes: (thinking of getting him a collar with a bell- the hunting's getting outta hand!! :o )

Got pets, ...do the above too *shrugs shoulders*

<Doesn't everyone?? :unsure:>

Peeps!!..did I tell yooz??.... I've injured meselph :( .....hip hurts like heck (with pain spreading down me leg) - dunno WIH I've done but I've got to give it rest.

Only doing yoga classes <_< - can't BARE not being able to work up a sweat wiv Sven :angry:

*sulking*

jerseyangel Proficient

Pheel better, Nik! Hip pain ain't phun :( Could it be yer sciatic nerve?

Well, the boy's dryer made some awful screetching noises this morning, and seemed to be overheating. <_< So...I piled two loads of washed but still wet laundry into the car and took it all to the laundermat. Luckily, I lived in this area fer years so I knew just where to go. I think the last time I was there was when my dryer at the time died :lol:

They got a new system now--you put yer money in a machine at the front of the place, and you get a card that you swipe into a do-hicky slot in front of the machine you are using. Of course, this was all new to me, so the lady there had to walk me through it. :ph34r:

Anywho, got it all back home nice and dry just before the rain. :D

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Tried to paste 3 people's post and only patti's came up

did multiQuote.........oh well

feel better Nik

Thanks Em

Sorry about the dryer after the guys left.

Could there be lint back there some where?

Happened to us at Jim's Mom's house

glad you got home before the rain.

WHAT THE HECK

WHY DID IT DO THAT

JUDY SHOUTING AT THE SCREEN.ph34r.gif

Jestgar Rising Star

WHAT THE HECK

WHY DID IT DO THAT

And all is right with the world

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Hi Joodee! :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

Actually Judith, you pulled off the illusive stunt of inserting yer post in another person's (mine) quote! :lol: Tricky move! B)

I invisiblized it fer ya :D

kareng Grand Master

I invisiblized it fer ya :D

I've got 15 pounds you can invisiblize for me! :P

Wish I didn't just here that on the news! Feels like 110 - 118 here. Actual temp 98 -100.

Thinking cool thoughts : ice cream, popsicles, frozen margaritas....

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

blink.gif

Actually Judith, you pulled of the illusive stunt of inserting yer post in another person's (mine) quote! laugh.gif Tricky move! cool.gif

I invisiblized it fer ya biggrin.gif

HI ------all you Guys

Thanks Patti

I tried to take it out of your post but couldn't do it

looked like you wrote it

Don't even know how it did it ..................

What?????

I did something no one can do...............

BUT

she can't do multiple quotes.

Better stick to the dirt in the garden. tongue.gif boy it's hot and muggy here

worked in the garden about 31/2 hrs.

but the spa with the umbrella over it made it ok.

jerseyangel Proficient

I've got 15 pounds you can invisiblize for me! :P

Me too! If only.... :rolleyes:

kareng Grand Master

We are going to Anaheim Friday night. Going to do Disney, probably just for a day cause the boys will get bored. Planning to go out to Catalina Island and kayak. We're staying right by Disneyland and there is a PF Changs and a couple of other places to eat that are supposed to do gluten-free food. Trying to find things for teen age boys to do or they get bored and unpleasant. Coming back home on Tuesday pm. Anyone have any suggestions for activities, let me know. We will have a car so it doesn't have to be close. Anyone been to the Labrea tar pits?

Jestgar Rising Star
Open Original Shared Link
kareng Grand Master

Open Original Shared Link

I just showed my 14 year old a set of boobs in a bra! But he loves snakes! ;)

jerseyangel Proficient

We are going to Anaheim Friday night.

Sounds like phun! Have a great time :D

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

We are going to Anaheim Friday night. Going to do Disney, probably just for a day cause the boys will get bored. Planning to go out to Catalina Island and kayak. We're staying right by Disneyland and there is a PF Changs and a couple of other places to eat that are supposed to do gluten-free food. Trying to find things for teen age boys to do or they get bored and unpleasant. Coming back home on Tuesday pm. Anyone have any suggestions for activities, let me know. We will have a car so it doesn't have to be close. Anyone been to the Labrea tar pits?

Karen

I loved the Labrea tar pits and your boys will love it.

We went years ago when we lived here before but son Jason went and one of his favorite things to see.

Anaheim, there is a Katala Deli I read on here is outstanding for gluten-free things. Haven't been there.

know In and Out burgers are safe with protein style burger.........just lettuce no bun

Forget where you live if your in CA or not

We went to Catalina Island a few years ago. LOVED it.

take the open bus/trolly tour.........well worth the few bucks to get to the top of the MT as cars can't go on Island.

Didn't have much luck with gluten-free there but again it was 3-4 years ago so maybe now they are more aware

there is a great park........El Dorado I think............Nice nature area with paths and lots to see

Great nature center and gift shop has wonderful electic stuff. it's some where near Seal Beach which is near Anaheim

Actually I taught in Anaheim for 9 years right after college........moved out here alone and met hubby ............

and that as they say............... all the rest is history laugh.gif

Course there is Knots Berry farm but i never liked it much and not sure teens would either.

So out of the CA loop can't remember anything else but the 'pits' are a MUST SEE.

have fun.

kareng Grand Master

Thanks Judy. We live in Kansas City. Before kids we lived in Sacramento & Wash, DC.

I'm packing a loaf of bread and will hit a grocery for cold cuts and fruit. Figured I would bring that to Catalina and anywhere else I might need food.

The boys want to go to a beach. One wants to try surfing. I'm going to check the internet & see what I can find. Are there any beach areas that have a boardwalk like Santa Cruz? Rides, games, junk food, stores full of cheap stuff?

Thanks

Archived