This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

TriticusToxicum Explorer
Hi Richard! I'm here, so the party can start today. I haven't posted because I don't know the words to songs .... I play flute, and usually all I hear is the melody ... I played this morning at Church, it's always enjoyable. The proper breathing is energizing, too .... maybe I should practice (I never do, I just go sight-read every weekend!)

Well, I'm enjoying my Sunday coffee, yum. My 1/4 donut was good, too. Sorry you have to wait till tomorrow for yours! I saw the chocolate ones at Wild Oats when I bought my vanilla -- thought of you!

Welcome!

Brrrrr. there's a north wind blowin' out there if ya know what I mean! How do you like your marshamallow? just warm? Browned? All black and puffy? Have no fear, they're free of everything, I'm not sure what they're made of, but they're of no danger to anyone! They are actually guaranteed to leave you feeling better, happier, more rested, fitter and faster than ever before. (sorry I Racheled half the bag waiting for somebody to stop by) :(

Glad you enjoyed the 1/4 donut. Did you put the rest away for later?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast
Welcome!

Brrrrr. there's a north wind blowin' out there if ya know what I mean! How do you like your marshamallow? just warm? Browned? All black and puffy? Have no fear, they're free of everything, I'm not sure what they're made of, but they're of no danger to anyone! They are actually guaranteed to leave you feeling better, happier, more rested, fitter and faster than ever before. (sorry I Racheled half the bag waiting for somebody to stop by) :(

Glad you enjoyed the 1/4 donut. Did you put the rest away for later?

Yea, the rest of the donut is in the freezer for the next three weeks :P

I like my marshmallows brown ... I can have them only so long as they're imaginary because of the sugar ...

TriticusToxicum Explorer
Yea, the rest of the donut is in the freezer for the next three weeks :P

I like my marshmallows brown ... I can have them only so long as they're imaginary because of the sugar ...

Totally imaginary, cooked on an imaginary stick over an imaginary campfire, which was lit with imaginary matches.

I wish I could make a donut last a month! I wouldn't need to buy any more for the rest of the year!

Would you care for an imaginary graham cracker and imaginary extra large slab of ghiardelli's chocolate for a smore?

jerseyangel Proficient

Hey guys! I'm here, too. :D Those marshmallows sound good--I used to love S-mores :rolleyes:

Carla--how sad is that--you have to ration out your donuts! :(:lol:

Richard--When I was a kid, I belonged to a folk-singing group locally. We'd sing at retirement homes, pancake breakfasts, churches (folk masses!) and things like that. Kumbayah was a song that we performed regularly! :D

CarlaB Enthusiast
Totally imaginary, cooked on an imaginary stick over an imaginary campfire, which was lit with imaginary matches.

I wish I could make a donut last a month! I wouldn't need to buy any more for the rest of the year!

Would you care for an imaginary graham cracker and imaginary extra large slab of ghiardelli's chocolate for a smore?

ABSOLUTELY!! I love s'mores!! We used to live in the country and had campfires all the time! I stocked marshmallows, graham crackers, and Hershey Bars so we could have them without having to drive ALL the way into town.

Well, off to second lunch ... I'm really a hobbitt.

nikki-uk Enthusiast
Well, off to second lunch ... I'm really a hobbitt.

With hairy feet???? :blink:

CarlaB Enthusiast
With hairy feet???? :blink:

NO!!! :lol: I look more like an elf! :lol:

Patti, just saw your comment about rationing donuts ... guess we posted at the same time .... I'm not supposed to have ANY sugar, so I was being a naughty girl having any. Guess that's what made it sooo good!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient
Patti, just saw your comment about rationing donuts ... guess we posted at the same time .... I'm not supposed to have ANY sugar, so I was being a naughty girl having any. Guess that's what made it sooo good!

I know :( How do you feel after eating it and having the coffee?

CarlaB Enthusiast
I know :( How do you feel after eating it and having the coffee?

Absolutely fine. It's never bothered me. I'm just not supposed to have it because of my adrenals.

Guest melannen

Mmmm S'mores. I always liked making them in the coals. I'd assemble it then wrap it in foil and stick it in for a couple of minutes. Mmmm it would melt the chocolate all over the place :D

Knock-knock

Who's there?

Catch

Catch-who?

GOD bless you! (courtesy of Olivia - 4y.o.)

heeheehee :D

Q: What does a farmer say when he can't find his tractor??

A: Where's my tractor?!

jerseyangel Proficient
Mmmm S'mores. I always liked making them in the coals. I'd assemble it then wrap it in foil and stick it in for a couple of minutes. Mmmm it would melt the chocolate all over the place :D

heeheehee :D

That sounds really good! We used to roast the marshmallow on a stick over the fire, then squish it between 2 graham crackers lined with Hershey bars.

Mmmm S'mores :P

Kaycee Collaborator
(Who let the dogs out?)

Just had to say, you let the dogs out!!!!!

Catherine

Guest melannen
That sounds really good! We used to roast the marshmallow on a stick over the fire, then squish it between 2 graham crackers lined with Hershey bars.

Mmmm S'mores :P

I used to make them that way but was always mad that the chocolate wouldn't melt all the way. My cousin and I tried many different methods including trying to skewer the entire s'more and roast it over the fire....as you can probably imagine, it didn't work :rolleyes:

Kaycee Collaborator

I'm a bit late coming to this thread. Looks like everyone has moved on from the music stuck in the head theme, to chocolate. While on chocolate, I ate a small bar 50g last night, and had the most awful night sleep, bad dreams, but so restless and I then something a bit like a sleep paralysis. Just so horrible. Actually I fared better the night before when I dreamed I was an actress and acting dead! I acted dead pretty well, as I remember thinking while sleeping that I was doing that pretty well, and I woke up all stiff, A physcologist could have fun with my dreams. But I don't want to know.

But have to relate to you when I was small, and that song "Raindrops keeps falling on my head" kept going round and round in my head one night.

We had eaten mushrooms, picked fresh of the farm, there must have been a bad one in there as I just could not get that song out of my head, and of course I had D through the night. But then who here doesn't get D or C?

It still gives me a shudder when I think of the song even even now.

Catherine

CarlaB Enthusiast

Catherine, my mom was a music major in college and has a wonderful voice. She was in the local follies every year and one year sang Raindrops .... I can STILL hear it and that was well over 30 years ago! So, I know what you mean!! She was singing it ALL the time!

Mtndog Collaborator

I have to add this.........

Ice Ice Baby!

VydorScope Proficient

With Tim spiing to "I will Boast" by PK7 off there 2006 "Unleashed" celiac disease, I get to hear it 100's of times a day! LOL but its better then alot of other songs he could have picked hehe.

TriticusToxicum Explorer

(wanders in and checks the smoldering campire)

Did everybody get a smore?

Sorry I had to bolt the party yesterday. I was typing along and I heard them most gut wrenching sound. My little one was screaming in pain, so I bolted. Turns out she got her little fingers pinched in the door. Nothing too serious, but she pinched them pretty good. A lot of hugs and kisses, some ice and a couple of Dora band Aids and she's better today.

I just had 3/4 of my chocloate donut (Maddy "Lefty" ate the rest). Yummy! those donuts are more like round brownies!

Maddy (2yo) and I are having Daddy & Maddy day today. We've been out shopping for a fridge this A.M. She is in charge of opening the doors and checking for food. Would you believe we didn't find a single one with food in it? Maddy couldn't either! What good is a fridge with no food? We've already got one of those!

Seriuos question, does anybody have one of the newer fridges w/ the pull out drawer freezer? My wife REALLLLY wants one, but I'm not sold on the idea. I'd rather spend the money on a nice side-by-side with h20 and ice in the door. The whole drawer thing looks like it would end up like another one of my favorite drawers - the junk drawer. <_<

CarlaB Enthusiast

I was just thinking it was awfully quiet around here without you today!!

Refrigerators .... ugh. In our old house I had one of those nice, large GE built-in Monogram refrigerators. This house is 90 years old and has to be the coolest house I've ever lived in, but needs a new kitchen in a very bad way.

We have two rental properties. When we bought the second one a couple months ago, we bought new appliances for it, gave our refrigerator to the other rental (theirs was leaking), and took the operational, but lots of broken parts refrigerator out of the new rental and brought it home. So, I have the refrigerator that wasn't even good enough to make it to our rental property!!! :blink: We did that only because we're going to remodel this kitchen ... but I haven't felt up to it, so we won't start working on it till I do. I'm actually thinking of buying a new refrigerator and stove for this house, then putting it in our next rental purchase after we remodel this kitchen!!

I like big, side by sides .... I just don't see how a drawer would be big enough. Sounds like things would be too hard to find. Now, I like the idea of those crisper drawers ... if you could have one near the sink to keep the produce in, but I think that in 10 years it's going to be one of those things that "dates" your kitchen. What I'm trying to do in this house is make it look like it would have originally -- we just did the downstairs bath -- of course, in the kitchen, we'll do a "mission-style revival" no one would want a kitchen how they were 90 years ago.

I was no help, but you got to hear me ramble!! ;)

TriticusToxicum Explorer
I like big, side by sides .... I just don't see how a drawer would be big enough. Sounds like things would be too hard to find.

AHA! I knew I liked you!

The fridge we have now came with the house. It's small (18 Cu ft.), old, and there is no shelf in the freezer, so we have invented a dance to avoid the falling chicken breasts, peas, and cool whip everytime we are looking for something to eat. We both agree we need a new fridge, but we are at odds as to what kind to get.

For the longest time she thought side-by side was a good idea, but too pricey, so we waited. Then we stayed with friends who had a small side-by -side and she hated it - to cramped. Last week her mother's fridge died, so they went looking and she's all googly eyed over the bottoem drawer fridges. She says they're cheaper, but she's looking at the ones that are the same size as what we have now. I'm thinking if the one we have now is too small, won't a new one of the same size still be too small? :huh: I can see a teaching trip to the various big-boxes in our near future. :P

Fun link of the day:

Open Original Shared Link

CarlaB Enthusiast

LOL on the joke.

I think you need to insist on a bigger fridge, otherwise, what's the point? I don't know if the drawer refrigerators come in the size you want, but I would imagine as they get larger that the drawer isn't nearly as convenient looking. Our refrigerator sounds like yours ... on the door, there is nothing to hold the stuff there, those bars are gone. So, sometimes the stuff on the door stays, sometimes it falls all over the floor. With a family of 8, not using the door is not an option!

In the end, just decide who it's more important to, they get to choose. I always let Adam pick everything that he wants on things that just don't mean much to me so that when it's something important to me, he has no problem going with what I want.

TriticusToxicum Explorer
In the end, just decide who it's more important to, they get to choose. I always let Adam pick everything that he wants on things that just don't mean much to me so that when it's something important to me, he has no problem going with what I want.

We usually just arm wrestle. :)

I gotta run ane return to being a stay at home dad. Enjoy your day.

Things to ponder

Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts.

If a person with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?

Just think how much deeper the ocean would be if sponges didn't live there.

If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?

CarlaB Enthusiast

:lol::lol::lol:

Go be a dad. Tell your wife to PM me and I'll tell her how to get the refrigerator she wants. ;)

Rikki Tikki Explorer
We usually just arm wrestle. :)

I gotta run ane return to being a stay at home dad. Enjoy your day.

Things to ponder

Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts.

If a person with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?

Just think how much deeper the ocean would be if sponges didn't live there.

If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?

THANKS RICHARD, THAT MADE ME LAUGH!!! :D:D:D:D

jerseyangel Proficient

I have an opinion on the fridge issue (surprise :lol: )

We decided to get a new one about a year ago because the one that came with this house was nice, but too small for us. I had my heart set on a pull out freezer with a double door top.

We go to the store to buy that exact fridge (my husband is very agreeable--likes to keep me happy, if you know what I mean ;) ) and look around a little and realize that the biggest double door will not only hold more, but everything will be easier to see. The other type looks bigger because of the double door fridge, but it's deceptive. Look at the cubic ft. So, that's what we ended up buying. And I love it! All except for the water filter that is built in, but that's another story.

Archived