51026 replies to this topic

#33151 mimommy

mimommy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:06 AM

I'm bored...and restless and...lazy. I am almost done reading "Duma Key" by Sephen King, and I have to say it's pretty darn good. I have been reading his books since I was in the fourth grade and I have always considered him my favorite author, as pedestrian as it may sound. No other author can offer me the 'suspension of disbelief' factor that he does. He went off on a bad trip for a while--I actually thought his wife wrote one of his recent books for him. But he is still a genius--the man can't deny his inner vision.
wish I could write half as well... <_<
I was even a little creeped out last night. Had to stop reading and just go to bed, because every sound in the house was a creepy creeper creepin' up on me :o :unsure:
I am taking my girl to open swim at the city pool in a while, then home for showers, then off to the library for her prize (she joined the reading club and has been reading like crazy). Then, I think I'll make some shrimp scampy for dinner. Meanwhile I will do whatever I have to, to avoid going down stairs to the (creepy creeper) basement to exorcize demons clean the post painting/sump pump leaking mess :ph34r:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#33152 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:19 AM

I was even a little creeped out last night. Had to stop reading and just go to bed, because every sound in the house was a creepy creeper creepin' up on me :o :unsure:
:ph34r:

Oh yeah! You scare the bejeezus out of yerselph, but that's why you do it, becuz you luvs it :lol: :rolleyes:
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#33153 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:23 AM

Oh yeah! You scare the bejeezus out of yerselph, but that's why you do it, becuz you luvs it :lol: :rolleyes:

Anybody else wake up at 3:15 whilst (or after) reading the Amityville Horror? . . . spooky
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#33154 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:38 AM

Anybody else wake up at 3:15 whilst (or after) reading the Amityville Horror? . . . spooky

I remember when I read Stephen King's "Thinner", I literally couldn't put it down and read the whole book within 24 hours. The kids were younger, so I read all night till 5AM to finish it.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#33155 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 11:54 AM

Yes.. . ........ :unsure: ..... . . . . .. ... :unsure: ..... . . . . I read this book when I was thirteen, and did not sleep well for many nights.

The pig in that window. . .. . . . . .

:o :o
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#33156 curlyfries

curlyfries

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:16 PM

:D :D :D :D :D

Are ya all dazzled by me pearly whites?

Jyaghnutt!!!!........We'll be at the pic-a-nic.....you?

I'm thinkin of trying to track down an old friend and invite her, too. She's recently diagnosed and I hear thru the grapevine that she's a mere skeleton cuz she doesn't know what to eat. She actually was Nathan's middle school science teacher AND a leukemia survivor.

Brian went to the prosthetist today. He made some adjustments and VOILA!......he can now walk without a cane! He also said that if Brian were to wear long pants, people wouldn't be able to tell he had a prosthetic. Fitting for the permanent leg is in 4 weeks :D .....He's hoping to go back to work even sooner. :rolleyes:
~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08
Posted Image

#33157 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:20 PM

:D :D :D :D :D

Jyaghnutt!!!!........We'll be at the pic-a-nic.....you?

I'm thinkin of trying to track down an old friend and invite her, too. She's recently diagnosed and I hear thru the grapevine that she's a mere skeleton cuz she doesn't know what to eat. She actually was Nathan's middle school science teacher AND a leukemia survivor.

Brian went to the prosthetist today. He made some adjustments and VOILA!......he can now walk without a cane! He also said that if Brian were to wear long pants, people wouldn't be able to tell he had a prosthetic. Fitting for the permanent leg is in 4 weeks :D .....He's hoping to go back to work even sooner. :rolleyes:

:D :D :D To everything!!!!!

Puttin these on because if yer dazzelin teef B)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#33158 nikki-uk

nikki-uk

Out running.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:29 PM

B) B) B)

MY EYES!!!! MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!

For the love of POete, LIsa STOP smiling!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Been reading along peeps, but there's a heatwave going on - and I must catch me rays :lol: ...... and do me chores in the eve..

Full posting will resume when it rains ;)

Carry ON!!
It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

Posted Image

#33159 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:36 PM

Been reading along peeps, but there's a heatwave going on - and I must catch me rays :lol: ......

Catching rays now??? . . . isn't it like midnight there or sumptin???

Lisa . . . good news on the new leg . . . do men's legs come wif hair?

Checking on attendence wif me family. If yer going, I'll probably swing by to say "hi" even if nobody else is going to go. I know last year Skeeter was hopin' for more some kids.
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#33160 Mtndog

Mtndog

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:03 PM

OMGawd.yes and still freaks me out when it happens!!!!!!!

I think I may go as Champ! How can I get THAT funny looking- I mean I'm phunny looking but not like dinosaur funny looking. Hmmm......green crepe paper? Paper mache?
Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.
Albert Careb

Posted Image

#33161 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:17 PM

Lisa . . . good news on the new leg . . . do men's legs come wif hair?

:lol: :lol:

How about warts, moles and scars? Perhaps a package of them with adhesive backing, so you can accessorize your own limb. . . . ....

OMG.....this reminds me of a classic Stephen Wright line - - he claims to have been walking down a busy street in Chicago, and seeing a man sitting on a park bench with "an artificial leg, but a real foot". . ......

:huh:

:lol:
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#33162 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:24 PM

OMGawd.yes and still freaks me out when it happens!!!!!!!

I think I may go as Champ! How can I get THAT funny looking- I mean I'm phunny looking but not like dinosaur funny looking. Hmmm......green crepe paper? Paper mache?

bubble wrap
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#33163 Green12

Green12

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,299 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:50 PM

*Big wave* to me Sills

I went back a few pages and saw a poop in from Tom!!!! Tom, so sorry you haven't been doing well, this new appt you have set up sounds promising, I hope you can find some answers, thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed.

And Bunnie, bless your heart. Hope you feel better soon.

Jess, how is the kitchen? How is yer back?

Janet, how is JoDog?

Em, how is your dad doing?

Rachel is scaring herself :lol:

I missed saying good bye to Suze, hope she has a good time

This is fantastic news Lisa :D

Been reading along peeps, but there's a heatwave going on - and I must catch me rays :lol:

B)
B)
B)
B)
B)

That's a emoti-totem of protective eye wear LOL
Slap on yer shades and the sunscreen and enjoy Nik Nik!!

The puppers got his teeth cleaned today, he came home a little groggy and stumbling around from the anesthesia, I tried not to laugh but it was a little funny to watch. He pawed at the wall instead of the door ...but he has reall purty clean teeth -------> :D and he's resting comfortably now :)

#33164 Green12

Green12

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,299 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:55 PM

Emily, just spotted your Trailer Park avatar. It's FANTASTIC!!!!

:D :D

#33165 mimommy

mimommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 03:19 PM

Brian went to the prosthetist today. He made some adjustments and VOILA!......he can now walk without a cane!

That is EXCELLENT news! :) Your strength is nothing short of admirable <tips hat to you> :)

NIK--one word for you...
SUNSCREEN
B)

Oh Sills, I made a yummy dinner. Sautee'd shrimp scampy (with butter and fresh lemon zest/juice and garlic and parsley and olive oil and white wine and fresh cracked pepper) with boiled sweet corn. I ate mine with the corn sliced off of the cob so it could roll around in the left over buttered herbs from the shrimp, gumbo-laya style. OMG it was to die for :P

Now, I need some advice...
which show would you see:
Tapdogs
Bowfire
or
Menepause the Musical
?????????????????????
I need to make a choice and use the tickets to the Macomb Center my friend gave me.
I'm seriously leaning towards Tapdogs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: