51026 replies to this topic

#33391 Mtndog

Mtndog

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:00 PM

You psilly, psilly bundt cakes!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: So much funnyitude to comment on!

I've been mostly reading along on gmail but I missed Jewelz'z birfday :angry: :angry:

HAPPY BIRFDAY JEWELZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another year older and more beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curly leesa- I get teary every time I hear "I Hope You Dance"- they played it at my niece's recital last year and I was (the only one :huh:) bawling in the audience. The thought of Brian and your daughter dancing to that with all that has happened- if I were there I'd make a blooming fool out of meselph bawling on the floor! :wub: :wub: :wub:

If it were Gianknit's daughter, on the other hand, I'd be REALLY concerned (unless the wedding was in Alabama, Kentucky or Mississippi) :P :blink:

Naah, most of it's no better than a good book or the psillies thread. Where else can you get penis earrings and kangaroo scrotums?

Tee hee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shroomie- Hope you arm feels better fast!!!

And fer gawd sake, would someone take these Sour Cream and Onion Stax out of my hands :o I'm having a slight problem staying away from them :unsure: :lol:

Uh oh....I have the same problem with Utz Sour Creme and onion- devilishyly delicious!

Suze and her channels :ph34r:

And the clothing whirligigs- me Angus would pee on the clothes I'm afraid!

Paddeigh- I LOVE your hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.
Albert Careb

Posted Image

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#33392 Green12

Green12

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,299 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:50 PM

I've been mostly reading along on gmail but I missed Jewelz'z birfday :angry: :angry:

Thanks Bevel :wub:

Bev said bundt cakes :lol: :lol:

Curly leesa- I get teary every time I hear "I Hope You Dance"- they played it at my niece's recital last year and I was (the only one :huh:) bawling in the audience. The thought of Brian and your daughter dancing to that with all that has happened- if I were there I'd make a blooming fool out of meselph bawling on the floor! :wub: :wub: :wub:

I so agree, it's such a wonderful song. Lisa that is going to be an emotional and amazing moment :wub:

Patti, forgot to mention I love your new avatar. You look so loverly and your hair is beyootiful :D

Sour Cream and Onion Stax?? OMG, that sounds like fried potato slices of heaven :lol:
(eat one for me :D )

Suze, all those channels you are not going to know what to do with yerself :lol: bummer about the remote, I hope they get that straightened out for you asap.

GAWD, whatever did we do in the days we didn't have remotes?? :blink:

(we will have chocolate cake with our tea also when you come over :D )

#33393 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:57 PM

Patti, forgot to mention I love your new avatar. You look so loverly and your hair is beyootiful :D

Thank you, Julie--and you too, Bevvie :D

Sour Cream and Onion Stax?? OMG, that sounds like fried potato slices of heaven :lol:
(eat one for me :D )

They are, and I shall :P

(we will have chocolate cake with our tea also when you come over :D )

Well now this clinches it--we must make our way to Julie's....toot sweet :D
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#33394 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:59 PM

And fer gawd sake, would someone take these Sour Cream and Onion Stax out of my hands :o I'm having a slight problem staying away from them :unsure: :lol:

You need to be perched in front of Susie's new cable selection.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#33395 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:57 PM

what in hell am I going to do. I told Janey, I am just going to be SOOOOOOOOOO confused about what to watch now. Too many bad, train wreck "reality" shows, too little time. :lol:

YOU GET UP HERE!!!!!! ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!

Well, we are quite north now......Jasper. Lord, we drove through the Continental Ice Fields, and could have taken a huge hummer-type bus thingie up to the top glacier in the area and walk along the crevasses that jut hundreds of metres down, that will swallow you up should you slide into one. :huh: :huh: :o
Did NOT do this.
HAPPY LATE BIRFDAY, JOOOOOOLES!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Much phunnnneeee stuff to report........hopefully when I gets home.

Hope the car is still driveable upon our return (MIL is staying with the dogs, remember......)... . . :unsure:

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#33396 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:12 PM

help me :lol: I feel that this whole over-channel scenario is really very evil, and, I might have to quit at some point

quotin' meself :lol:

might have to QUITE MY CABLE, that is :o just feeling that.....I'll never read another book again in my life :huh:

Soozle's like a wee one in a candy store right about now!

you have no idea - did tear myself away, did errands and went to the gym...

just barbecued, sills, and OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did some DELISH chicken tenders and also some firm tofu (they waz four for five dollars at SAve Mart) - holy lord, have you ever barbecued tofu???????? simply MARVELOUS - scrumptious - - put some onion power, garlic salt, lots of pepper and olive oil........cooked them on the fyre - - then basted all in Sweet Baby Ray's sauce

AM IN HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rolleyes:

And fer gawd sake, would someone take these Sour Cream and Onion Stax out of my hands I'm having a slight problem staying away from them

I'd offer to help, Padt, but I don't think that THIS is the place for rehab :lol:

DEAR GAWD! I wish I didn't know those Stax were g f !!!!!!!!!

Curly leesa- I get teary every time I hear "I Hope You Dance"- they played it at my niece's recital last year and I was (the only one :huh:) bawling in the audience. The thought of Brian and your daughter dancing to that with all that has happened- if I were there I'd make a blooming fool out of meselph bawling on the floor!

If it were Gianknit's daughter, on the other hand, I'd be REALLY concerned (unless the wedding was in Alabama, Kentucky or Mississippi)

Tee hee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shroomie- Hope you arm feels better fast!!!

Uh oh....I have the same problem with Utz Sour Creme and onion- devilishyly delicious!

Suze and her channels

And the clothing whirligigs- me Angus would pee on the clothes I'm afraid!

Paddeigh- I LOVE your hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEVELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

so nice to see you - and you are phunny

GAWD, whatever did we do in the days we didn't have remotes??

well, I used my little brother <snackle< the poor thing :lol:

You need to be perched in front of Susie's new cable selection.

ummmmm...........no. We will be eating six times as many Stax this way :lol:

EMMEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:o

don't fall into a crevASSe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but DO keep an eye out for Yeti......he's got to be up there..........
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

#33397 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,049 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:29 PM

YOU GET UP HERE!!!!!! ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!

Well, we are quite north now......Jasper. Lord, we drove through the Continental Ice Fields, and could have taken a huge hummer-type bus thingie up to the top glacier in the area and walk along the crevasses that jut hundreds of metres down, that will swallow you up should you slide into one. :huh: :huh: :o
Did NOT do this.

Did not do this? For shame. We did, and it was outstanding. Things may have changed a bit since we were there, but ice is still ice, and a visit to the Columbia Icefield is cool!

Did you see the statue of Jasper the bear in downtown Jasper, by the railway station?
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#33398 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:35 PM

just barbecued, sills, and OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did some DELISH chicken tenders and also some firm tofu (they waz four for five dollars at SAve Mart) - holy lord, have you ever barbecued tofu???????? simply MARVELOUS - scrumptious - - put some onion power, garlic salt, lots of pepper and olive oil........cooked them on the fyre - - then basted all in Sweet Baby Ray's sauce

M-m-m....sounds very yummy, 'cept I can't eat soy <_< I'll tell ya though, I think I could eat anything if it was slathered in Sweet Baby Rays :rolleyes: That's good stuph :P

I made a pot roast tonight in the crock pot (tease) and didn't pour the SBR's over it like I normally do and it was naught the same :angry: Note to selph to neigh do that again......

Hee! crevasse :lol:

Big Bang Theory was on tonight--I've seen this episode twice already and it was still phunny the third time :lol:
Patti

#33399 curlyfries

curlyfries

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:18 PM

Ice fields and glaciers does NOT sound like fun to me!..........I needs sandy beaches ;)

Grilled tofu, huh?.......I don't know...... :unsure:

.......and yes, chillins were the TV remotes back in the day!

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY, JEWELEY!!!!.........sorry if I forget things, sometimes........I'm a little frazzled, lately :P

The emotional moment at my son's wedding a few years ago.........

He and Melissa were standing at the altar, facing each other, saying their vows......

He reaches up and wipes a tear off Melissa's cheek.......all the women let out a collective, "Awwwwwwwww"

Later, my son says, "I got brownie points for that, didn't I? :D "
~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08
Posted Image

#33400 Judyin Philly

Judyin Philly

Moved to SO CA in November 2010

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:41 PM

:wub: :wub:

THESE ARE GLUTEN FREE............... :o :blink: :D
Suze and her channels :ph34r:
HAVE FUN SUSIE

HI BEVEL...HOPE YOU DON'T MIND ME STEALING YOUR THOUGHTS!!!!

DEAR GAWD! I wish I didn't know those Stax were g f !!!!!!!!!

ME 2
Judy in Southern CA

#33401 mushroom

mushroom

Mushroom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,448 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:20 PM

Things may have changed a bit since we were there, but ice is still ice, and a visit to the Columbia Icefield is cool!

Yeah, the Columbia ice field is pretty cool with its tractors and crevasses and all dat ice and what have you, but OMG, those skeeters!!!! worse than Montana!!!, dat's about all I remember :o :P (I was still recovering from HellowstoneYellowstone at that point) :P

.......and yes, chillins were the TV remotes back in the day!

Yeah, but if you don't/didn't have no chillins, then you has to sneak up and pry loose the remote from the hand of the sleepin' spouse, who would immediately wake up and say "I was watchin' that!!" Still happens!! Wot is it with guys and remotes??? Sure helps to have more than one cable outlet! :D
Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973
Lactose free 1990
(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's
Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004
Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007
Soy free March 2008
Nightshade free Feb 2009
Citric acid free June 2009
Potato starch free July 2009
(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009
Legume free March 2010
Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#33402 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:39 AM

Later, my son says, "I got brownie points for that, didn't I? :D "

:wub:
Patti

#33403 mimommy

mimommy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 06:08 AM

OK, where do I start--so much to comment on!

Pat--your hair is adorable!!! I love it!

SuzyQ, dear, PUT DOWN THE REMOTE AND JUST WALK AWAY! Please, woman, just get your priorities straight and join my Mafia already.
:lol: :rolleyes:

Jess--what happened with the job? The show? The kitchen? The strappy shoes? :unsure:

Emily--sounds like you are having so much fun :)

Nikki--I am weighing the pros and cons of the whirlygig pro-cess and have not yet reached a definitive decision on the matter. :blink: :huh: :unsure:
:lol:

Neroli!!!! You really have been everywhere! I would love to sit down for an evening with you and listen raptly to your tales. :D

Bev--so nice to hear from you, always. I actually would like to ask you some questions about Maryland/the east coast. We have been talking about taking a trip to Chincoteague Island, VA for a long time now, but Scott and I have always wanted to see MD, Delaware and Maine, too. Everything I've read about Chinc. says that it's better to stay on the MD end at Ocean City and drive to Assateague to see the ponies on the north side. Any experience, advice on this? Any idea what airport is the best destination from Detroit? Car rental? Hotels? gluten-free dining options for kids there?
Not that I can afford such an adventure <_<

Peter--my goodness, the FLIES you must have with all of that garbage :o I have a swarm around my house today just from the two or three bags that were in my garbage cans all week :gag: Yesterday was garbage day so I sprayed a bleach cleaner all over the cans and lids and hosed them out--too late. The (ew) maggots had already evolved and have taken flight :ph34r: :angry:

Weddings, birthdays, iced tea--ahhhh. Always so nice to read everyone's posts :P

#33404 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:09 AM

The emotional moment at my son's wedding a few years ago.........

He and Melissa were standing at the altar, facing each other, saying their vows......

He reaches up and wipes a tear off Melissa's cheek.......all the women let out a collective, "Awwwwwwwww"

so sweet!

HI BEVEL...HOPE YOU DON'T MIND ME STEALING YOUR THOUGHTS!!!!

You can steal our thoughts any time, Joodith :)

Yeah, the Columbia ice field is pretty cool with its tractors and crevasses and all dat ice and what have you, but OMG, those skeeters!!!! worse than Montana!!!, dat's about all I remember (I was still recovering from HellowstoneYellowstone at that point) :P

:blink: is there ANY place that Shroomie has NOT been????????????? Mimms is right, we MUST have a big Psillie Phest, and let Shroom tell us EVERYWHERE she's been!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) (whilst drinking iced tea, mimosas, mojitos and absinthe, and eating our Lays Stax and Jewellee's chocolate cake :rolleyes )

SuzyQ, dear, PUT DOWN THE REMOTE AND JUST WALK AWAY! Please, woman, just get your priorities straight and join my Mafia already.

:ph34r:

:lol:

waiting for the Cable Guy again. I have GOT to have remote access in my bedroom. Imagine the incivility for God's sake, having to actually GET OUT OF YER BED and WALK OVER to change channels. And geez, some of those channels are......300 numbers away from each ohter. Takes about 20 minutes, so it doesn't happen. I just leave it on one channel. :huh:

that was NOT the point of all these channels, now was it. :lol: :lol:
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

#33405 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:23 AM

Imagine the incivility for God's sake, having to actually GET OUT OF YER BED and WALK OVER to change channels.

Such practice went out wif the powdered wig! :lol:
Patti

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: